Dundee United v Queens

TBF, I cash see Queens’ point, however from our point of view, I don’t care who we fucking play, I just want us to play football, before our boys forget (even more than they already have) how!!!!

We are 5 (Five) games behind where we should be at this point, and then (if we are lucky) we will have to play another 6 (six) in the playoffs.

We have to play someone, and if it is Queens, so be it.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why are queens wetting their knickers?
A game has been scheduled for 5 days away. If it needs to be cancelled nearer the time it can be.

Unless they have some kind of deal with the bus companies then I imagine if they booked transport and cancelled it there would be some kind of fee. If folk have to take a day off work to attend (they're fucking mental considering the shite on show) and it's cancelled, they'll potentially have lost a day's holiday.

44 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Scheduling a rearranged fixture in April when there are free midweeks earlier would be dangerous because all it takes is one or two more postponements to start causing a genuine issue.  The 20th March would have been a bit more sensible than next week, but perhaps the St Mirren game has been earmarked for then.

This discussion was ongoing long before the St Mirren game was postponed and there are already rearranged league fixtures for other clubs on 10th April. I accept they aren't going to use the last midweek before they have to but the others are all available at this stage. St Mirren could equally have been asked to return on Tuesday if Tuesday was necessary. It's a far shorter journey than Dumfries is.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Unless they have some kind of deal with the bus companies then I imagine if they booked transport and cancelled it there would be some kind of fee. If folk have to take a day off work to attend (they're fucking mental considering the shite on show) and it's cancelled, they'll potentially have lost a day's holiday.

Thankfully we don't run a league around the needs of the half dozen people who might take a days annual leave to watch a rearranged midweek championship match between to utter shite teams.

95% of the QOS playing staff are from the central belt area, maybe 60 to 90 mind from Dundee, as a previous poster used St Mirren as an example ! What’s the difference ? I realise it’s not great for supporters from Dumfries but realistically how many would travel to Dundee on a winter night with only an outside chance of possibly getting 4th place. Chances of this game being on are slim anyway as the snow outside Perth is a foot deep and was a blizzard earlier with more forecast.

12 minutes ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

95% of the QOS playing staff are from the central belt area, maybe 60 to 90 mind from Dundee, as a previous poster used St Mirren as an example ! What’s the difference ? I realise it’s not great for supporters from Dumfries but realistically how many would travel to Dundee on a winter night with only an outside chance of possibly getting 4th place. Chances of this game being on are slim anyway as the snow outside Perth is a foot deep and was a blizzard earlier with more forecast.

95% knowhere near that, From the current playing squad 13 are from the central belt the other 9 are from Dumfries or South of there.

4 minutes ago, kleinfaethetoon said:

95% of the QOS playing staff are from the central belt area,

Well no, they're not. It's likely the travelling squad will include Leighfield, Henderson, Dykes, Fergusson and possibly Bell depending on how injured he is. Plus there's Cameron and Marshall who will need to travel from Newcastle. The kit also has to travel from Dumfries with the kitmen.

Not that it's massively relevant where they are from. It's not a local derby and in the circumstances of the present weather conditions, and when it isn't the only midweek left for use, there's really no excuse for requiring one of the longest trips in the League to be instantly rearranged when no other game is.

Taxi

What I have noticed, during our short interval in this league, is that QOTS (Queen of the South) supporters seems to be the biggest moaners at this level. They will complain about anything.

You're way off tbh. Your (wrong) opinion of course but generally our fans are ok on here. Few too many happy clappers for my liking but otherwise ok.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You're way off tbh. Your (wrong) opinion of course but generally our fans are ok on here. Few too many happy clappers for my liking but otherwise ok.

Yeah I have to disagree with Szamo here; QOTS fans on here are generally good guys/gals/non binary individuals.  Same has to be said about most of the Maureens.

The biggest arseholes on here are Falkirk fans; not all of them but a fair percentage.

5 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Why are queens wetting their knickers?

A game has been scheduled for 5 days away. If it needs to be cancelled nearer the time it can be.

Apart from the fact that it's just four days hence, I've got to say, that's pretty much how I see it.

I honestly don't get the fuss here.

Four days notice isn't great, but that isn't really the main issue is it?

In my eyes what makes the decision ludicrous is that firstly the game is highly unlikely to go ahead on Tuesday coming anyway with more snow forecast and travel conditions already ropey.  And secondly, that no other club in the country appears to have been made to play a match this coming Tuesday.  As it appears we were actively against this being the case you have to wonder what the process is for deciding these things.

I don't know enough about how these things are negotiated to know for sure, but it does look a bit like the SPFL taking the side of the big team and shafting the wee team.  I had zero intention of going to this regardless of when it was held, but I'm going to take the fans' default position here and be furious with our governing body until informed otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

If Utd are so desperate to play a match then the fixture should be played at Palmerston, after all the abandoned game in Dumfries was weeks ago and should take priority emoji35.png

Have the authorities ever got to the bottom of why the match in Dumfries was postponed at half time?

5 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Have the authorities ever got to the bottom of why the match in Dumfries was postponed at half time?

Something to do with aliens shooting JFK then escaping on Shergar.

Archived