Steelmen v red bottle merchants

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the impression that he sleeps at Fir Park the poor sod. 

If we are on this yellow/amber/red thing now - there is surely no chance of a game being on when Amber is in place all day and it says "don't travel..."

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

I get the impression that he sleeps at Fir Park the poor sod. 

If we are on this yellow/amber/red thing now - there is surely no chance of a game being on when Amber is in place all day and it says "don't travel..."

Your move SPFL...

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can the police not just step in and say it's not happening?

Aye, I'd imagine they probably could but I get the impression this is really just protocol and bureaucracy. Everyone (Police, clubs etc) knows the game's likely to be off but Motherwell need to do an assessment, show that they've taken all measures and advise the SPFL of the club position accordingly ie: it shouldn't go ahead. Then it's up to the SPFL to accept and OK that position, only after that can they officially say "Game's aff."

Burrows is already replying to fans saying his view is it shouldn't be going ahead and Accies have advised that their game with Hibs is off with the following Tweet: "The SPFL have advised that in view of travel warnings and weather disruption tonight’s Premiership match at Hibernian is postponed. A new date will be announced shortly".

Just seems like a case of everyone agreeing that it's off tbqh.

Guest Bob Mahelp

A Celtic - Dons game went ahead a few years ago despite travel warnings and weather worse than this.

I'm trusting though that common sense will prevail here and we'll all just move onto the weekend.

Aberdeen and Motherwell Twitters both confirming that the games off before 9.30. Aberdeen Twitter also confirming that all three Premiership matches off. BBC Scotland website 1 minutes ago has no word of this and all three matches still kicking off at 7.45.

FWIW: here's Burrows' explanation to some of his mentions wanting to know why Motherwell couldn't just "call the game off". Basically the pitch would be fine and pass an inspection in which case it's up to the SPFL to approve the game being called off. The thread below's actually quite good in covering the detail.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived