Steelmen v red bottle merchants

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the weather warnings in place for Wednesday I think this will be P-P on safety grounds along with the other two games on Wednesday.  However if the weather forecast is nonsense, my feeling is that Aberdeen will determine the outcome - they've been pretty passive last two games and if they are again I suspect we have the tools to hurt them and beat them again but if they are up for it and up it a notch or two, they do have better players than us and will edge it 2-1.

Woodman

Logan ? McKenna ?

Shinnie

GMS Christie McLean McGinn

May

It’s difficult.

Arnason has a visible attitude problem and arrogance. Hasn’t been good enough.

We don’t have a 2nd reliable CB.

Shinnie SHOULD be at LB but we don’t have an energetic DM/CM.

A fit Stewart would be ideal but he’s lost his pace.

McGinn would be great behind the striker but we don’t have anyone else to deliver from out wide.

We need to stop Rooney coming deep but need a striker to do a lot of chasing down.

It’s a mess.

8 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Woodsy

Logan Arnason McKenna Shinnie

Chidi McLean

McGinn Christie GMS 

May

Does anyone argue with me that's not our strongest XI? Surely to f**k we can win with that team?

Rooney in for May for starters. Also been less than impressed with Woodman. Would rather we went with Rogers.

Rooney is a waste of space in games where we don’t have the majority of possession. He can’t press and the ball doesn’t stick when it goes up to him.

And if the gaffer has more faith in Woodman than he does in Rogers based on what he’s seen in training then he should stick to his guns.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Get Chidi tae f*ck.

He's worse than useless.

I'd much rather have O'Connor and/or big Andy in the side before him, then push Shinnie into midfield.

Game will be off anyway.

41 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Get Chidi tae f*ck.

He's worse than useless.

I'd much rather have O'Connor and/or big Andy in the side before him, then push Shinnie into midfield.

Game will be off anyway.

Apart from his three awful shots on Sunday, Chidi had a great game. However, after watching the weather forecast, and various warnings, on BBC Breakfast this morning, it would be madness to keep this game on, so I do agree with you that it will be off.

51 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Get Chidi tae f*ck.

He's worse than useless.

Game will be off anyway.

Chidi clearly has more ability than O'Connor, we're yet to see the best of him I reckon.

Apart from his three awful shots on Sunday, Chidi had a great game. However, after watching the weather forecast, and various warnings, on BBC Breakfast this morning, it would be madness to keep this game on, so I do agree with you that it will be off.

It would be madness to keep this game on, therefore I’m fully expecting it to be on.

According to BBC forecast around KO is persistent snow and -5. Now usually it is never quite as bad as forecast but if that is true then why would anyone consider the game going ahead. 

With it being on TV and these warnings we will be lucky to break 3000 with probably the lowest away turnout from Dons in quite a while. 

Postpone the game - rest players ahead of more important games on the weekend and play it again when it is warmer or not as bloody cold. 

So like a few others posters the game will most probably go ahead ! Plus with it being on Sky - they will give it every opportunity to go ahead even if Trevor Carson turns into a snowman during the game. 

18 minutes ago, welldaft said:

According to BBC forecast around KO is persistent snow and -5. Now usually it is never quite as bad as forecast but if that is true then why would anyone consider the game going ahead. 

With it being on TV and these warnings we will be lucky to break 3000 with probably the lowest away turnout from Dons in quite a while. 

Postpone the game - rest players ahead of more important games on the weekend and play it again when it is warmer or not as bloody cold. 

So like a few others posters the game will most probably go ahead ! Plus with it being on Sky - they will give it every opportunity to go ahead even if Trevor Carson turns into a snowman during the game. 

It’s  not so much the forecast at kick off time, it’s the forecast for during the day when fans and the team will be travelling down. I expect all games to be postponed tomorrow.

32 minutes ago, welldaft said:

With it being on TV

That's the only thing - the TV companies don't like games postponed.....

If the weather is pish, I might struggle to get there, so hoping for a selfish postponement..

Archived