Steelmen v red bottle merchants

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's Woodman been like for Aberdeen? Any time I've seen him on telly he's never looked that tall (for a goalkeeper).

In all honesty I can see us chucking big Herbalife in along with Main and just shelling crosses in on top of him all night (which is our usual gameplan tbf).

I don't think we'll make many changes but I'm curious to see whether we give a couple of players a rest with an eye on the cup game.

43 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

What's Woodman been like for Aberdeen? Any time I've seen him on telly he's never looked that tall (for a goalkeeper).

In all honesty I can see us chucking big Herbalife in along with Main and just shelling crosses in on top of him all night (which is our usual gameplan tbf).

I don't think we'll make many changes but I'm curious to see whether we give a couple of players a rest with an eye on the cup game.

After the win yesterday I would be sorely tempted to rest a handful of players. Wonder if Hearts will do same. Top 6 is not the prize in my opinion. Even were we to get into top 6 - probably would be 6th so a another cup semi final would more than likely prove more lucrative and of course give us an outside chance of making it to 2 finals in a year. 

Maybe we should agree with Dons to field development teams...

The weather looks debatable this midweek. Hopefully not as bad as they are forecasting. We should let Hearts play Killie on Tuesday then postpone our match on the Wed.

We've done pretty well against Aberdeen this season - the win at Pittodrie was as comfortable as they get and the performance in the LC QF was as good as any for a few years. 

I get that the Cup QF is a huge game for us and is more important that this one - but I'm not into us fucking about with the team in any way. Get the strongest 11 picked have a real go and try to go into the cup on the back of 2 league wins in a row. Hearts also have a tough game midweek - so there is no benefit to tinkering. 

Aye, I'm not for "resting" a number of players.  They should be absolutely fine to play Saturday>Wednesday>Sunday.

Like Capt has said, I'd be tempted to give Bowman a run out with Main.  Don't think Ciftci has been great the last couple of games, so would be tempted to use Nadir as an impact sub.

It'll be a tough game this.  Aberdeen will be smarting from the Celtic game, and they've learned from the LC defeat at Fir Park earlier in the season (as shown by the 0-1 win a few days later).

I'd be happy to come away from this with a share of the spoils.

Motherwell 1-1 Aberdeen.  Adam Rooney with the opener, and Curtis Main to net a late equaliser.

Fwiw: my mention of making a few changes with the cup game in mind was based on the fact that Campbell was out with a hamstring recently while Cadden's hardly been injury free. Asking them to play 3 games in a week might be a bit much.

Definitely not advocating "resting" a shit load of players though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rose come into the team either.

Big week for both teams I suppose. 

This game is now very critical after the poor performance against Hibs and Celtic (manager for me on this one). Think 2nd is looking a very difficult task now but more concerned about not qualifying for Europe. At least Shinnie and Christie is back in the team so hopefully the we get the result we badly need to get confidence for Saturday game against Killie.

I feels this season all our away games are Midweek - think this is our 7 midweek trip away this season :(

As others have said this is huge game for us which we must win. If we lose this, because of the utter fickleness of our fanbase, I would expect a really small crowd for Saturday, even though it’s a home Scottish Cup quarter final. Shinnie, Christie and Rooney to come back in, with Arnason, May and Nwakali to drop out. I would personally leave out Considine rather than Nwakali, but can’t see that happening.

2 hours ago, Dubford don said:

Fortunately for the Dons this isn't a big game just another diddy team to beat.

routine away win

I like posts like these from opposing fans. Quite a few from Dundee fans before their Cup and league games at Dens. That worked out well for them. 

Plus we are the one diddy team that has beaten up you twice already this season. 

Anyway the temperature will feel like -5 and snow on way. Aberdeen players will be more acclimatised 

Archived