BBC bias

10 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

It’s because nobody cares about fife. 

Inverness Caledonian Thistle do.

48 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

It’s because nobody cares about fife. 

For my sins I used to work in Fife.

A particular highlight was hearing a Councillor utter the immortal words "whit wur here fur tae dae t'day is fur tae...."

Happy days.

BBC R4 this morning had David Wallace Lockhart doing the "Scottish bit" on the GE.

He had nothing major to say, but managed to crowbar in "Devolved issues are dominating the campaign, with the SNP having to fend off attacks from the other main parties".

Now, we know this is true - because Labour and Tories dont actually have any GE policies with which they can rationally campaign in Scotland - and we have seen Stephen Flynn handing Westminster politicians arses to them during sensible debates on actual GE issues.

But Wallace Lockhart simply doesnt challenge the Labour and Tory lines or give any weight to the non-devolved issues which actually should be under discussion.

The BBC is a shambles when it comes to Scotland.

On 10/06/2024 at 06:52, Leith Green said:

BBC R4 this morning had David Wallace Lockhart doing the "Scottish bit" on the GE.

He had nothing major to say, but managed to crowbar in "Devolved issues are dominating the campaign, with the SNP having to fend off attacks from the other main parties".

Now, we know this is true - because Labour and Tories dont actually have any GE policies with which they can rationally campaign in Scotland - and we have seen Stephen Flynn handing Westminster politicians arses to them during sensible debates on actual GE issues.

But Wallace Lockhart simply doesnt challenge the Labour and Tory lines or give any weight to the non-devolved issues which actually should be under discussion.

It's almost as if the section dealing with a whole country gets the same funding and attention as North Norfolk Digital 

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It's almost as if the section dealing with a whole country gets the same funding and attention as North Norfolk Digital 

I don't know if this was bias or not, but in a summary on Radio Scotland of the debate, I didn't think I heard any reference to Sarwar acknowledging the right of the Scottish people to decide their constitutional future but being silent on how that could be assessed.

32 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I don't know if this was bias or not, but in a summary on Radio Scotland of the debate, I didn't think I heard any reference to Sarwar acknowledging the right of the Scottish people to decide their constitutional future but being silent on how that could be assessed.

That's the same as this pish about "aspirational" people.

"We won't tax you when you're a millionaire"

"Great.. err, how do I become a millionaire? I didn't go to Eton or Oxbridge..."

"Oh, bad luck. And there's no wealth redistribution either. So, peasant, it's either scratch cards or drug dealing for you to fulfil your aspirations.." 

On 10/06/2024 at 06:52, Leith Green said:

As with all BBC Scotland employees Lockhart is paid from the BBC in London.

Bear in mind that Licence fee monies are firstly paid into the Governments Consolidated Fund and then it is subsequently passed too the BBC as per the Appropriation Act.

Of course it would be ridiculous to suggest that the Government who control the purse strings have any influence in political editorials and it would not enter Lockharts little brain when he is composing his political presentation pieces that the Government is his paymaster.

Some of you may remember the uproar when the BBC forced Gary Linekar out of his job after he posted a tweet on his own Twitter account criticising the Governments 'Stop the Boats Policy'.

Impartiality my arse.

Who this man is voting for in the upcoming election was the headline story on the BBC News site all day yesterday. There was also this puff piece on him, filmed in his home:

My point here isn't just BBC shilling for a particular party (although they are doing that), it's something more fundamental.

They're telling us that a billionaire's opinion matters more solely on account of him being a billionaire. 

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

Who this man is voting for in the upcoming election was the headline story on the BBC News site all day yesterday. There was also this puff piece on him, filmed in his home:

My point here isn't just BBC shilling for a particular party (although they are doing that), it's something more fundamental.

They're telling us that a billionaire's opinion matters more solely on account of him being a billionaire. 

You are forgetting that a billionaire works a thousand times harder than someone who is merely a millionaire.

Either that or the system is rigged.

4 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

Look at the glee on the face of that little weasel Chris Mason when interviewing the arsehole. Can’t stand him. 

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

You are forgetting that a billionaire works a thousand times harder than someone who is merely a millionaire.

"Show me a millionaire and I'll show you a million people short of a quid"- Alexei Sayle 

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

He made his money from Phones4u which no longer exists after going into administration. There seems to be a lot of successful millionaires and billionaires with a trail of collapsed companies behind them. But I suppose that's what makes them successful, getting out whilst the going is good and leaving others to deal with the aftermath, rather than making their money from an ongoing successful business. 

Maybe I'm just jealous.

13 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

He made his money from Phones4u which no longer exists after going into administration. There seems to be a lot of successful millionaires and billionaires with a trail of collapsed companies behind them. But I suppose that's what makes them successful, getting out whilst the going is good and leaving others to deal with the aftermath, rather than making their money from an ongoing successful business. 

Maybe I'm just jealous.

murray.jpg.07b21b8161b0c57ca373ca474e4d2dcc.jpg