Netflix

Biscuits

One piece is genuinely sensational storytelling and in spite of every live action adaptation being shit, if the live action first season is even just average, it will go on to have a good run. There are no superlatives to describe how good it gets once they hit the grand line and beyond.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

On 14/08/2023 at 16:24, Ro Sham Bo said:

It was originally shown on Sky but got cancelled after 3 seasons by its network. Netflix decided to resurrect it so the 4th and final season could be made. 

I'm guessing Sky still hold the broadcast rights to seasons 2 and 3 and when these expire all 4 seasons will end up on Netflix. 

Has anyone watched all of it? Does it make sense in the end? 

6 hours ago, mathematics said:

I got a loan of the box set once. Battered my way through it only to find the final disc wasn’t in the set. Wasn’t bothered enough to go ask for it.

Don't worry about it. 

If you've seen the last half hour of Inglorious Basterds, it's virtually the same. 

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Has anyone watched all of it? Does it make sense in the end? 

As much as it's possible for such a thing to make sense, I suppose it does. Overall it's worth watching to the end but you won't be blown away by the ending or anything like that. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

As much as it's possible for such a thing to make sense, I suppose it does. Overall it's worth watching to the end but you won't be blown away by the ending or anything like that. 

I've just checked, it's 60 episodes. If it's pish I'd rather rewatch The Sopranos or BCS. 

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Don't worry about it. 

If you've seen the last half hour of Inglorious Basterds, it's virtually the same. 

Multiple times. However I think you’re just saying that because you’re upset I’ve slagged off Dr Who and Star Wars/Trek (shrug) recently.

Watched Painkiller recently. I know it's a dramatisation , but looking a bit more into it the opioid epidemic in the states is a scandal. 

Excellent work by all, especially Taylor Kitsch. 

Honestly between this, school shootings, racist drug policy and abortion bans (and many more things besides) Americans should be rioting every day.

22 hours ago, velo army said:

Watched Painkiller recently. I know it's a dramatisation , but looking a bit more into it the opioid epidemic in the states is a scandal. 

Excellent work by all, especially Taylor Kitsch. 

Honestly between this, school shootings, racist drug policy and abortion bans (and many more things besides) Americans should be rioting every day.

Have you seen Dopesick? Is on Disney Plus I think(came out a few years ago). Think it's basically the same story(with a few different characters). Has Michael Keaton, Rosario Dawson, Kaitlyn Dever and Will Poulter in it. Dever is fantastic in it, and Keaton is very good as well. 

2 hours ago, TheGreenElves said:

Have you seen Dopesick? Is on Disney Plus I think(came out a few years ago). Think it's basically the same story(with a few different characters). Has Michael Keaton, Rosario Dawson, Kaitlyn Dever and Will Poulter in it. Dever is fantastic in it, and Keaton is very good as well. 

Aye I was looking for that on NF but found Painkiller instead. I heard Dopesick is better, but I won't watch it given that it is, as you say, the same story.

That's new Top Boy out. 

I hate myself for it but I've watched 4 episodes in the last day just because people are horrific with spoiling new shows, almost like it's a competition for people to watch it and post about it first. 

Last year or whenever the last season came out I was watching some random UK Twitch streamer on the day it was out and someone in the chat posted the 10th episode spoiler, they literally wouldn't have had the time to watch it all they just went to the end to spoil it. 

Spoiler free first episode thoughts is it's looking very good, no shit episodes so far. Wasn't a massive fan of the last series but this one is back to the top tier imo.