Netflix

Biscuits

On 20/03/2024 at 12:09, throbber said:
  Hide contents

I don’t think I have ever felt this emotional on the back of watching a tv series in my life. It started fairly lighthearted and I thought it was a romcom which would have a fairly predictable ending until episode 11 where I felt far more emotionally connected than I should have. Watched the final 3 episodes last night after the slight spoiler above and didn’t see any of that coming at all. Maybe it caught me at a weak moment I don’t know but it was incredibly powerful.

Feel exactly the same, I was screaming at the tv at bits and thinking wtf are you doing.

not the kind of program I’d normally watch but it got me hooked to the very end.

12 hours ago, steelmen said:

Feel exactly the same, I was screaming at the tv at bits and thinking wtf are you doing.

not the kind of program I’d normally watch but it got me hooked to the very end.

Just look at my first post on the matter in all of its innocence right before the final 3 episodes. 

Watched all episodes of Loudermilk over last couple of weeks, loved it, just the right balance between comedy and the serious stuff with Ron Livingston in a role that just seems to fit him perfectly. Funny seeing Lissie popping up near the end, last time I saw her was playing at the Roadhouse in Twin Peaks The Return.

Fingers crossed that they renew for a Season 4

Watching the 3 body problem right now and it's pretty good. A really fine depiction of the Chinese cultural revolution too. Good characters except perhaps Salazar who I find a bit one dimensionally whiny. There's also the lad Saul whose lack of looks and charisma somewhat undermine the show's attempts to tell us he's a hit with gorgeous women.

The rest is good and I'm enjoying the gradual unfolding of the story. I didn't want to give Benioff and Weiss the benefit of the doubt but they are pretty strong when adapting someone else's work and not having to make shit up.

Edited by velo army

On 26/03/2024 at 01:04, velo army said:

Watching the 3 body problem right now and it's pretty good. A really fine depiction of the Chinese cultural revolution too. Good characters except perhaps Salazar who I find a bit one dimensionally whiny. There's also the lad Saul whose lack of looks and charisma somewhat undermine the show's attempts to tell us he's a hit with gorgeous women.

The rest is good and I'm enjoying the gradual unfolding of the story. I didn't want to give Benioff and Weiss the benefit of the doubt but they are pretty strong when adapting someone else's work and not having to make shit up.

I’ve been watching this after a lass at work recommended it, only 3 episodes in but it’s been really good so far. My only gripe is the guy Clarence’s accent just sounds too put on but I might be imagining that 

41 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’ve been watching this after a lass at work recommended it, only 3 episodes in but it’s been really good so far. My only gripe is the guy Clarence’s accent just sounds too put on but I might be imagining that 

🤣🤣🤣 Aye I googled Benedict Wong after the first few minutes of episode 1 and it turns out he's actually from fucking Manchester, so that's probably his actual accent.

On 26/03/2024 at 01:04, velo army said:

I’m reliably informed, every fucking five minutes into these episodes, that the Chinese version is better.

Anyone watched Physical: 100 ? Korean game show where 100 athletes, sports personalities, cross fitters and all round fit folk compete in a series of  excruciating looking physical tasks in a knockout style competition. 

I fucking love watching folk tire themselves out while I sit in my lounge gear eating Costco cookies.

Edited by mathematics

On 30/03/2024 at 00:17, velo army said:

🤣🤣🤣 Aye I googled Benedict Wong after the first few minutes of episode 1 and it turns out he's actually from fucking Manchester, so that's probably his actual accent.

😅 I'd only seen him in 15 Storeys High with Sean Lock, then he turns up in big roles in Marvel films. 😮

18 hours ago, printer said:

😅 I'd only seen him in 15 Storeys High with Sean Lock, then he turns up in big roles in Marvel films. 😮

I always remember him from the 'street countdown' episode of The IT Crowd.

Possibly the most Manc-looking guy on television.

On 29/03/2024 at 23:34, Central Belt Caley said:

Wid, or wid not?

Two episodes into Three-Body Problem and I can’t tell if it’s brilliant or really silly.  Lots of Game of Thrones actors in it, and Samwell is playing a modern student who gets to dress up as a pantomime Samwell.

27 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Two episodes into Three-Body Problem and I can’t tell if it’s brilliant or really silly.  Lots of Game of Thrones actors in it, and Samwell is playing a modern student who gets to dress up as a pantomime Samwell.

Keep at it. 

Loved the original series of 'Sunderland Till I Die' as it was really funny.

I very much enjoyed the massive hubris from the Sunderland fans. Their entitlement was astonishing and their arrogance was breathtaking. Worse was where that came from, as their goonish fans believed they were some sort of massive club. One of the most enjoyable moments of the original series was when they played Celtic in a pre-season game and the fans that were interviewed all thought they pump Celtic, with one fan saying they'd win 5-0.

Celtic of course were the team who scored five. From there it got worse and worse for Sunderland, both on and off the pitch.

One of the things that annoyed me the most was the utter shite about the situation being unique. Multiple examples before and since show that to be pish.

However, even worse is that Sunderland fans are somehow unique in their experiences of shite times and also somehow unique in how working class they all are. Appalling nonsense.

What the series actually showed is how unique their fans were at being entitled goons. The rest captured on camera were extremely dislikable prices who felt Sunderland were a gigantic club who were owed loads. 

Anyway, recently three new episodes were released. Somehow,  most of their fans who were on camera were as ludicrously entitled and arrogant as ever, despite being failures for years and not getting close to the League One titles. It's actually mystifying where their fans get the entitled, arrogance and hilarious expectations from.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, recently three new episodes were released. Somehow,  most of their fans who were on camera were as ludicrously entitled and arrogant as ever, despite being failures for years and not getting close to the League One titles. It's actually mystifying where their fans get the entitled, arrogance and hilarious expectations from.

Probably not helped by the media down there. Sky, Talksport, the BBC. Every time they talk about teams like Sunderland or any team in general that has been in the premier league since 92, they generally tend to call them a “big club”. 

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Loved the original series of 'Sunderland Till I Die' as it was really funny.

I very much enjoyed the massive hubris from the Sunderland fans. Their entitlement was astonishing and their arrogance was breathtaking. Worse was where that came from, as their goonish fans believed they were some sort of massive club. One of the most enjoyable moments of the original series was when they played Celtic in a pre-season game and the fans that were interviewed all thought they pump Celtic, with one fan saying they'd win 5-0.

Celtic of course were the team who scored five. From there it got worse and worse for Sunderland, both on and off the pitch.

One of the things that annoyed me the most was the utter shite about the situation being unique. Multiple examples before and since show that to be pish.

However, even worse is that Sunderland fans are somehow unique in their experiences of shite times and also somehow unique in how working class they all are. Appalling nonsense.

What the series actually showed is how unique their fans were at being entitled goons. The rest captured on camera were extremely dislikable prices who felt Sunderland were a gigantic club who were owed loads. 

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I think it's simple really. To many, Big crowds equal success. They get entrenched in the  mindset and when you'll have a fragile ego,  there you go.

The Falkirk of England.