Netflix

Biscuits

On 10/04/2023 at 02:00, Bully Wee Villa said:

"Beef" is very good.

On 14/04/2023 at 02:17, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Watched first couple episodes last week. Seems a bit different and wacky in a good way 

Very much this ^

something completely different for me, watched 8 out of the 10 episodes at the weekend, very, very good.

12 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The Night Agent.

A low budget conspiracy theory thriller.

8/10

Enjoyed night agent, apart from some of the acting from the presidents chief of staff!

On 24/04/2023 at 12:15, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Very much this ^

something completely different for me, watched 8 out of the 10 episodes at the weekend, very, very good.

Enjoyed night agent, apart from some of the acting from the presidents chief of staff!

She really is terrible.  I can only assume she’s up to no good and her scheme involves bad acting. 

Florida Man.

Light hearted crime caper about a man with a beard who has an impossibly beautiful ex wife (who is a cop), and has a thing going with his boss’ astonishingly beautiful girlfriend (she was an Australian supermodel in real life). “Borrows” very heavily from the tone of Elmore Leonard and Carl Hiaasen IMO. Boss is a gangster. Beardy boy’s dad is a crooked cop. Guns, gators and double crossing galore.

Quality fluff.

Edited by Shandon Par

finished the last 2 episodes of Beef, and I've got to say, it took a hell of a dark turn. The last episode is weird AF.

I genuinely enjoyed that, as its something different to my usual genre, and I see its down as just a limited series and was pitched as a complete idea, so probably no sequel, which I'm absolutely fine with.

8.5 / 10 for me

11 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Today I started watching Top Boy. Fair enjoying it.

Which series did you start with? 

The summerhouse one from about a decade ago or the one from a few years back?

Cracking tv show. Gets a wee bit silly near the end of the latest one but still top drawer. 

5 hours ago, RuMoore said:

Which series did you start with? 

The summerhouse one from about a decade ago or the one from a few years back?

Cracking tv show. Gets a wee bit silly near the end of the latest one but still top drawer. 

Just started with Top Boy.

Sully gets out, Modie goes in.

Edit : guys deid. I'm in love with Jaq.

Ya get me brudren?

Edited by Derry Alli

7 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Just started with Top Boy.

Sully gets out, Modie goes in.

Edit : guys deid. I'm in love with Jaq.

Ya get me brudren?

Modie is class, best performance imo. I'll presume you know he's a famous rapper as is Sully?

Yeah Jaque is amazing. Lemmie know when you get onto the next season I think the first of the ones you're watching is class and relativley authentic and then the next one is entertaining but almost like a parody. 

6 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Modie is class, best performance imo. I'll presume you know he's a famous rapper as is Sully?

Yeah Jaque is amazing. Lemmie know when you get onto the next season I think the first of the ones you're watching is class and relativley authentic and then the next one is entertaining but almost like a parody. 

Aye, I know Sully. Link 'em - and then leave 'em high. I've been tellin' all my man's for time. 

Never knew it about Modie. Come across a few boys like him. He just annoys me. 

About half way through S2. Jaq just keeps getting better but you're right about parody. It seems to be the way when these shows try to go international. Only really Gamorrah ever succeeded.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Aye, I know Sully. Link 'em - and then leave 'em high. I've been tellin' all my man's for time. 

Never knew it about Modie. Come across a few boys like him. He just annoys me. 

About half way through S2. Jaq just keeps getting better but you're right about parody. It seems to be the way when these shows try to go international. Only really Gamorrah ever succeeded.

He's one of the biggest UK artists tbf, called Dave. I thought his character was a p***k but much needed imo. 

Have you met Pebbles yet, the worst character in TV history...

I've yet to watch Gamorrah is it worth a watch? 

35 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Have you met Pebbles yet, the worst character in TV history...

I've yet to watch Gamorrah is it worth a watch? 

Aye, thought she was kinda cute but I just want her gone now. Soon, hopefully.

Gamorrah is the greatest thi g you will ever see. I'm sorry I've just ruined TV for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/05/2023 at 18:38, jagfox said:

Just watched Sweet Tooth, over the last few days. Quite an enjoyable romp.

I was quite enjoying that too. I got a bit irked with the "Bear" character though, as well as the general slowness of everything. Enjoyable wee main character and I liked the emerging relationship between he and the big man. That wee obnoxious lassie was ripping my knitting though. The soundtrack is class.

Anyway, came on here to post about "Muted", a Spanish thing that was utter dung and looked like it had been written by high school students (but without being checked by their teacher). Young man is released from a (very swanky) jail in which he'd been serving a sentence for killing his parents. He's now under surveillance from a team of police detectives led by an affa young psychiatrist. The surveillance is beyond intrusive and immediately had me forming loads of questions. Ana doesn't seem to have a boss either. Nobody in this whole series questions the ethics of this surveillance, which seems to have been done in the name of science. She's trying to figure out if this lad still poses a threat to society. Presumably the parole board and numerous criminal justice agencies would have crossed these T's and dotted those I's, but in this universe this sort of intrusion is entirely necessary.

It's just shoddy. The main character is an absolute psychopath who I think I'm supposed to root for. The morality of the story is dubious at best, and the script is rubbish. She essentially recruits a civilian lassie to get close to him, sleep with him and provide her with information. Mingin.