Motherwell v Aberdeen Scottish Cup Semi Final

welldaft

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We’ve sold 8,000 tickets so far
Not a terrible effort.
Wouldn't expect much more than 10k though

Can’t remember exactly what the numbers for the Hibs semi was but I seem to remember it was a fair bit higher than 10k.

Guessing the relative apathy this time is a combination of becoming blasé about semi finals, folk finally chucking the early KO time and general misery around recent results/performances.

33 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Can’t remember exactly what the numbers for the Hibs semi was but I seem to remember it was a fair bit higher than 10k.

Guessing the relative apathy this time is a combination of becoming blasé about semi finals, folk finally chucking the early KO time and general misery around recent results/performances.

Think it was about 11 or 12k which I think is the same as Morton game. 

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Exactly that 

Novelty wears off pretty quickly 

If there was a more winnable final at stake that would generate more interest as well but deep down everyone knows what awaits us in May if we get there 

I hope that somebody has removed all sharp objects from your immediate vicinity.

12 hours ago, betting competition said:

Think it was about 11 or 12k which I think is the same as Morton game. 

So, say Motherwell take about half of what Aberdeen do, we're looking at a crowd of around about 18,000 in a 52,000 seater stadium.

Each set of fans will be spread out over three separate sections at their end of the ground.

What a prestigious showpiece this will be, eh @MJC ?

This is where Motherwell (or similar sized clubs to us) getting to the Semi's breaks the standard approach. If Hearts had beaten us in the QF as expected, this wouldn't be a discussion - but as soon as a smaller club makes it, it shows up the inflexible "Hampden first" approach to be totally flawed.

If Aberdeen did 12k for a lunchtime kickoff in Glasgow that's on council TV - that's a really good effort TBF - but it will still feel a bit shite at Hampden. The only thing I'll say on the other side of the argument is that our semi against St Johnstone at Hamden a few years back was a total farce in terms of the crowd vs capacity - but I think pretty much every 'Well fan that was there had a good day out...

25 minutes ago, Swello said:

This is where Motherwell (or similar sized clubs to us) getting to the Semi's breaks the standard approach. If Hearts had beaten us in the QF as expected, this wouldn't be a discussion - but as soon as a smaller club makes it, it shows up the inflexible "Hampden first" approach to be totally flawed.

If Aberdeen did 12k for a lunchtime kickoff in Glasgow that's on council TV - that's a really good effort TBF - but it will still feel a bit shite at Hampden. The only thing I'll say on the other side of the argument is that our semi against St Johnstone at Hamden a few years back was a total farce in terms of the crowd vs capacity - but I think pretty much every 'Well fan that was there had a good day out...

Don't think we will get 12k - more like about 10k due to having so many Semi-finals recently. 

Hampden is just a terrible stadium that has a terrible view and it also lacks atmosphere even if full. Hopefully the Queens Park/SFA can redesign it to be a national stadium we can be proud of. The positive I take the game being played there is the players get another game there to get used to pitch size and surroundings. 

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

:lol:

Fair enough

Last seasons finals and this seasons meek showings against the gruesome twosome is cooling my enthusiasm somewhat 

I kind of see your point, but to not want to win a semi final because you think your team will lose the final, is simply mental.

Decided to just go to Tynecastle the week before. Was going to go to both but the £7 delivery is just taking the piss. Neither ticket is that cheap and that just put it over the edge for me.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

“.....deep down everyone knows what awaits us in May if we get there.”

I don’t know how you I want to lose the semi from that 

I want Aberdeen to win every game they play, obviously 

I just don’t think we’ll win the Final if we do get there 

I’m an auld, realistic radge 

On 3/29/2018 at 17:48, Rodhull said:

Decided to just go to Tynecastle the week before. Was going to go to both but the £7 delivery is just taking the piss. Neither ticket is that cheap and that just put it over the edge for me.

Might have been pointed out before but this is due to the SFA rather than AFC as they won't allow ticket reprints as we would get for every Premiership game due to the antiquated ticketing system at Hampden.

8 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Might have been pointed out before but this is due to the SFA rather than AFC as they won't allow ticket reprints as we would get for every Premiership game due to the antiquated ticketing system at Hampden.

Yeah realise that man. It was just a general grumble rather than having a go at the club. Pretty much purely down to finances for me. £31 for Tynecastle is steep too so if I'd happened to buy the semi final ticket first I likely would have skipped Tynecastle instead.

With Aberdeen on 10K and Motherwell fans saying they’ll do 6-8K at the most, Tynecastle or Easter Road would’ve been perfect.

A sure sell out and brilliant atmosphere compared to a half empty boring Hampden. Ridiculous.

23 hours ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Would you? Do Aberdeen take a note of the barcodes./ticket numbers for every away game they allocate tickets for?

I know our turnstiles have barcodes and are scanned on entry but I'm pretty sure we don't issue replacements.

That said, the tickets for hampden don't even have barcodes so it's not even an option. Pretty sure it's standard practice for most clubs/gigs etc not to issue replacements.

Archived