Mike Tyson

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the fact that Tyson was a very dynamic and talented boxer ( I don’t think anyone’s denied that ) , the majority of people who have posted on here ( and various boxing experts, statisticians etc  ) , don’t seem to rate him as one of the all time , top ten greats across all weight divisions .

Him having a colourful, difficult  and interesting upbringing and subsequent career still doesn’t gloss over the actual facts that talent wise, he doesn’t come close to many other boxers, however much others may deny it . 

5 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Despite the fact that Tyson was a very dynamic and talented boxer ( I don’t think anyone’s denied that ) , the majority of people who have posted on here ( and various boxing experts, statisticians etc  ) , don’t seem to rate him as one of the all time , top ten greats across all weight divisions .

Him having a colourful, difficult  and interesting upbringing and subsequent career still doesn’t gloss over the actual facts that talent wise, he doesn’t come close to many other boxers, however much others may deny it . 

We've been discussing him as in/out top 10 heavyweights not p4p.

4 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

This is true, I've even seen him ranked 72 but that's his career achievements.  I'm talking about him at his best, a lot of people rank him right up there in that sense

16 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

No we haven’t

F2E01693-D84F-44C1-8EBF-C9DB86DAAB1D.thumb.jpeg.cc35d5fd5cbddcde00845251870b7206.jpeg

For the days I've been involved we have, it's the 4th of April, most of us were drooling over Chelters back then.

39 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Aye ok then 

Be happy to see at least 10 examples from these “ hunners”

This is from the very first article on Google and sums up the general consensus and tone of all such articles and musings about Tyson.  I would assume being a boxing fan you must know that and are acting the wide boy. 

Alsothe children on here read that hellloooooo you only saw him after 95 he was literally off his tits against Lewis and didn't train at all for holyfield as well as being a shadow of what he was

Mike Tyson is remembered primarily as a villain. Or rather as a lost cause and wasted potential. The greatest fighter who ever lived, mislead after the loss of his father figure. Under the charge of Cus D'amato and Kevin Rooney, Tyson won the world heavyweight title at the age of 20 by knocking out almost everyone in his path. Then it all fell apart. Convicted of rape, Tyson was sent to prison and remained out of the ring from June of 1991 until August of 1995. When he returned he wasn't the Tyson of old, he was just a flat footed brawler. The fights became grinding slogs and when he met the best of the best in Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis, he was convincingly bested.

3 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

This is from the very first article on Google and sums up the general consensus and tone of all such articles and musings about Tyson.  I would assume being a boxing fan you must know that and are acting the wide boy. 

Alsothe children on here read that hellloooooo you only saw him after 95 he was literally off his tits against Lewis and didn't train at all for holyfield as well as being a shadow of what he was

Mike Tyson is remembered primarily as a villain. Or rather as a lost cause and wasted potential. The greatest fighter who ever lived, mislead after the loss of his father figure. Under the charge of Cus D'amato and Kevin Rooney, Tyson won the world heavyweight title at the age of 20 by knocking out almost everyone in his path. Then it all fell apart. Convicted of rape, Tyson was sent to prison and remained out of the ring from June of 1991 until August of 1995. When he returned he wasn't the Tyson of old, he was just a flat footed brawler. The fights became grinding slogs and when he met the best of the best in Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis, he was convincingly bested.

Hold on

You claim “ hunners” of people rank him right up there as one of the all time greats , yet all you come up with is one article from Google claiming it to be the general consensus , which it obviously isn’t .

Nice try but pathetic fail 

37 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

For the days I've been involved we have, it's the 4th of April, most of us were drooling over Chelters back then.

Ah ok then

Lets just disregard everything else in this thread until you decided to grace us with your presence 

Was Floyd Paterson the very GOAT before Tyson came along?

13 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Ah ok then

Lets just disregard everything else in this thread until you decided to grace us with your presence 

In my experience, that's sensible.

22 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Hold on

You claim “ hunners” of people rank him right up there as one of the all time greats , yet all you come up with is one article from Google claiming it to be the general consensus , which it obviously isn’t .

Nice try but pathetic fail 

Google it champ I'm not giving you ten fkn examples you've already got three

Archived