Mike Tyson

5 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Google it champ I'm not giving you ten fkn examples you've already got three

Can’t be arsed tbh as I’ve seen and read enough for me to make up my own mind about this subject.

Facts and opinions prove from people much more qualified and knowledgeable than you or I on boxing that P4P Tyson doesn’t even come close to making the top 10.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Can’t be arsed tbh as I’ve seen and read enough for me to make up my own mind about this subject.

Facts and opinions prove from people much more qualified and knowledgeable than you or I on boxing that P4P Tyson doesn’t even come close to making the top 10.

Aye except we're not discussing that.  

Hunners.
You'd lot are ruining ma thread.  You could have started a Tyson is a dick thread separately.

I’m not arguing about the fact that Tyson was /is a dick, I’m arguing that your reasoning for proclaiming he is GOAT is deeply flawed.
You have narrowed the window for assessment to “when he was at his best”, you’ve also relied heavily on the fact that he is the youngest HW champion ever.
No doubt Tyson was one of the greats, even just for his ferocity, lack of reach, height etc.
But your arguments are shite, and you’re on the wind up, you know he’s not the best.

Just now, Unleash The Nade said:

Oh we were earlier , but now you realise he’s not close to making the top 10 P4P you’ve changed your tune 

Nice one 

Actually if you read back champ you'll see I said I don't like o4p and constantly tried to steer it away from that, think you can only really fairly compare within divisions.

1 minute ago, Brother Blades said:

I’m not arguing about the fact that Tyson was /is a dick, I’m arguing that your reasoning for proclaiming he is GOAT is deeply flawed.
You have narrowed the window for assessment to “when he was at his best”, you’ve also relied heavily on the fact that he is the youngest HW champion ever.
No doubt Tyson was one of the greats, even just for his ferocity, lack of reach, height etc.
But your arguments are shite, and you’re on the wind up, you know he’s not the best.

He could take poulter

4 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Actually if you read back champ you'll see I said I don't like o4p and constantly tried to steer it away from that, think you can only really fairly compare within divisions.

You don’t like P4P as it shows your hero as being an above average boxer compared to others.

So do you retract this earlier statement ?

454575AC-E543-4263-8A88-13EC66A62375.thumb.jpeg.a2ed0391778fb3a44ade62023d8165ce.jpeg

17 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Almost half way through the book just know just after his defeat to Douglas.

What an incredible read this is.

I still can't tell whether you are serious or taking the piss.

It may even be both.

I also read the book recently and enjoyed it. The mythology over Tyson is tiresome though, he was clearly a fearsome puncher, had a great chin and was an excellent boxer but the circus surrounding him just leaves a great deal of sadness and a trail of destruction.

There's a legendary nights doc on youtube and you can see him close to tears when ranting at all and sundry in the lead up to the fight. He was clearly used and milked by so many that the lines were blurred between the human and the boxer/monster/salesman. He was surrounded by some awful people, but this is in no way any excuse for some of his shameful behaviour. 

Boxing ratings and stuff are generally weird and really subjective and personality often comes into it. Someone like Andre Ward should really be considered when talking about all time greats but his personality sees him overlooked by the casual fan, whereas someone with a lesser record like Tyson gets thrown in the mix. This extends to Ali, this seeming certainty of him being the greatest does a huge disservice to all those who have a shout at really claiming that title.

TL:DR version: Tyson, some puncher, bit of a mad c**t.

Archived