Mike Tyson

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked Mike Tyson in the hangover. Can't comment on the boxing since I have no desire to watch men beat each other up but he was well hard so he'd prolly win just like Naseem Hahmed was exciting to watch up until the first round bell.

2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Wow I never knew that.  Boxing seems to be littered with stories like that.  I think sonny Liston died a pauper did he not or was it Joe Louis.

I'm actually not that far from Catskill right now was gonna go for a day but just don't have the time. Don't know what would be there anyway maybe d'amatos grave.

An article about what happened to the cash for his next fight against Tyson, Don King really was a leech of the highest order.

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-01-31/sports/sp-2579_1_carl-king

Just been checking Don King's wiki. What a c**t. 

Tim Witherspoon was threatened with being blackballed if he did not sign exclusive contracts with King and his stepson Carl. Not permitted to have his own lawyer present, he signed four "contracts of servitude" (according to Jack Newfield). One was an exclusive promotional contract with Don King, two were managerial contracts with Carl King, identical except one was "for show" that gave Carl King 33% of Witherspoon's purses and the other gave King a 50% share, more than is allowed by many boxing commissions. The fourth contract was completely blank.[25]

Other examples include Witherspoon being promised $150,000 for his fight with Larry Holmes, but receiving only $52,750. King's son Carl took 50% of Witherspoon's purse, illegal under Nevada rules, and the WBC sanctioning fee was also deducted from his purse.[26] He was forced to train at King's own training camp at Orwell, Ohio, instead of Ali's Deer Lake camp which Ali allowed Witherspoon to use for free. For his fight with Greg Page he received a net amount of $44,460 from his guaranteed purse of $250,000. King had deducted money for training expenses, sparring partners, fight and airplane tickets for his friends and family. Witherspoon was never paid a stipulated $100,000 for his training expenses and instead was billed $150 a day for using King's training camp. Carl King again received 50% of his purse, despite Don King Promotions falsely claiming he had only been paid 33%.[27] HBO paid King $1,700,000 for Witherspoon to fight Frank Bruno. Witherspoon got a purse of $500,000, but received only $90,000 after King's deductions. Carl King received $275,000.[28] In 1987 Witherspoon sued King for $25 million in damages. He eventually settled for $1 million out of court.[29]

Just been checking Don King's wiki. What a c**t. 
Tim Witherspoon was threatened with being blackballed if he did not sign exclusive contracts with King and his stepson Carl. Not permitted to have his own lawyer present, he signed four "contracts of servitude" (according to Jack Newfield). One was an exclusive promotional contract with Don King, two were managerial contracts with Carl King, identical except one was "for show" that gave Carl King 33% of Witherspoon's purses and the other gave King a 50% share, more than is allowed by many boxing commissions. The fourth contract was completely blank.[25]
Other examples include Witherspoon being promised $150,000 for his fight with Larry Holmes, but receiving only $52,750. King's son Carl took 50% of Witherspoon's purse, illegal under Nevada rules, and the WBC sanctioning fee was also deducted from his purse.[26] He was forced to train at King's own training camp at Orwell, Ohio, instead of Ali's Deer Lake camp which Ali allowed Witherspoon to use for free. For his fight with Greg Page he received a net amount of $44,460 from his guaranteed purse of $250,000. King had deducted money for training expenses, sparring partners, fight and airplane tickets for his friends and family. Witherspoon was never paid a stipulated $100,000 for his training expenses and instead was billed $150 a day for using King's training camp. Carl King again received 50% of his purse, despite Don King Promotions falsely claiming he had only been paid 33%.[27] HBO paid King $1,700,000 for Witherspoon to fight Frank Bruno. Witherspoon got a purse of $500,000, but received only $90,000 after King's deductions. Carl King received $275,000.[28] In 1987 Witherspoon sued King for $25 million in damages. He eventually settled for $1 million out of court.[29]

Watched a few Tyson Documentaries and every time without fail I can feel the anger building as soon as king appears.

Evil c**t

17 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Foreman's attempts at trash talking and acting the hardman were fkn laughable too.  He was clearly acting and not convincing in the slightest.  Tyson was genuinely unhinged and totally off his nut.  He inspired real genuine fear of what he was capable of and what he might do.

16 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Off work so just going to get fired into it before the Hibs game the night IMG_1522759838.519902.jpg

They say that some people have bad luck, that some people didn’t get a good hand dealt to them in the game of life.

Mike Tyson, for his whole life, had GROUPS of people trying to hold him down. To take from him, to make his life miserable, and to bring hurt to him. Wether it was bully’s in the streets, deceitful women, tragic deaths of family members and friends, or money hungry men, Mike Tyson has had a tougher road to success than any of us can possibly fathom.

This man has a had a wildly successful life considering how many people have tried to bring him down.

An admirable chap, I'm sure we'll all agree.

11 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Ian Poulter has made it to Augusta, one of the top 10, if not the best all time golfer of all time.

I do remember him saying that it was just him and tiger nobody else on their level.  Definitely not arrogant though what with his twelve majors and all.  Oh no actually I mean none.

1 hour ago, L. Brilliant said:

Primary school marbles champion (and rapist)

You've got some amount of balls to admit you play marbles on here.

Archived