May and June face Peru & Mexico

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

No Hutton? I know he's not been playing too regularly but he's been a fantastic servant for Scotland and could still do a job for us.

He chucked it a few years back. It wasn't publicly announced at the time, and was only confirmed when a journo asked Strachan about him some months later.

Good to see Souttar in - three tall, strong , young CBs in the mix properly now.

Lewis Morgan and Lewis Stevenson both wildcards but worth a look.

Meh about Johnny Russell, Jamie Murphy and Matt Ritchie.

Why no Leigh Griffiths? Surely Snodgrass would have been an ideal 'older head' fwd who's actually playing well to bring along?

9 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Good to see Souttar in - three tall, strong , young CBs in the mix properly now.

Lewis Morgan and Lewis Stevenson both wildcards but worth a look.

Meh about Johnny Russell, Jamie Murphy and Matt Ritchie.

Why no Leigh Griffiths? Surely Snodgrass would have been an ideal 'older head' fwd who's actually playing well to bring along?

He's not picked any of the players involved in the English play-offs. The final of that is on the 26th.

Griffiths, I guess they feel is too important to risk in these games / could do with the extra rest.

I'm in work so the twitter quote doesn't come up, and BBC aren't even covering it last time I checked, so could someone tell me whether Lindsay made it in this time so I can adjust my rage accordingly?  Fanx.

He's not picked any of the players involved in the English play-offs. The final of that is on the 26th.
Griffiths, I guess they feel is too important to risk in these games / could do with the extra rest.

Ah of course - I forgot Villa were in the playoffs.
The Griffiths one is still strange tho, especially as he was begging to go along on this trip in the press. Hopefully McLeish has just told him to rest and strengthen his hamstring and to be 100% for the upcoming campaign.

11 minutes ago, forameus said:

I'm in work so the twitter quote doesn't come up, and BBC aren't even covering it last time I checked, so could someone tell me whether Lindsay made it in this time so I can adjust my rage accordingly?  Fanx.

Nope, he didn't

The new centre-back this time is John Souttar

Mickey Mouse wears a Lewis Stevenson wristwatch. 

Left wrist or right wrist???

Can we get G_MAN to do a Sweepie on first call off from the squad, fiver a head???

Still no Cooper, still no Lindsey, still no Bardsley, still no Mubtumbo but at least we've got McBurnie and Russell!!!

IMG_3507.jpg

24 minutes ago, Enigma said:

To be honest surely we’ve got better than a CB who has just been relegated out of the Championship.

Fairly well reviewed despite that, particularly amongst the fans and players.  I'm not going to go all Pep and pretend that someone's the answer to all our prayers, but he has some very good qualities that it's at least worth trying out.

I'm wondering how much of this praise for Liam Lindsay dates from the first half of the season, when Barnsley were doing relatively well (under the manager who fucked off to Leeds), and what the more recent reviews (from the awful run of results that led to their relegation)  say about him?

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

To be honest surely we’ve got better than a CB who has just been relegated out of the Championship.

Liam Lindsay was in the Scottish Premiership team of the year last season.

Would Jack Hendry have got in the last squad if he'd stayed at Dundee? I doubt it. 

If John Souttar and Lewis Morgan are good enough for the squad, so is Liam Lindsay.

Can anyone confirm the UK Kick off times and telly channels (if any) for these games?

Sure I read that they're on Sky or at least one of them is!!!  

Peru game KO at 2:00am Wed 30th

Live on Eurosport coverage starts at 1:00am!!!

Mexico game KO at 1:00am Sun 2nd

Live on Eurosport, coverage starts at 23:00pm!!!

Mexico game could be a good one for a lock-in with an amenable landlord!!![emoji6]

Archived