May and June face Peru & Mexico

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure I read that they're on Sky or at least one of them is!!!   
Peru game KO at 2:00am Wed 30th
Live on Eurosport coverage starts at 1:00am!!!

Mexico game KO at 1:00am Sun 2nd
Live on Eurosport, coverage starts at 23:00pm!!!

Mexico game could be a good one for a lock-in with an amenable landlord!!![emoji6]

Ffs that's well past my bedtime!
Flashbacks of staying up till 2am to watch the USA fondle us 5-1 [emoji20]

Guest DAVIDB69
Calling up Jamie Murphy and John Soutter is honking behaviour.
I hope Scotland  get pumped and McLeish gets sacked.

If Jamie Murphy wasn’t at ibrox he would be nowhere near the squad

You would fear the worst for these fixtures but you never know

6 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Sigh

If he can't force out an ageing and error-prone Mikael Lustig, then he probably won't make it at a good level.

(Tierney forced out Izaguirre, who was Players' Player of the Year in 2011 and was still performing fairly well.)

4 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

If he can't force out an ageing and error-prone Mikael Lustig, then he probably won't make it at a good level.

(Tierney forced out Izaguirre, who was Players' Player of the Year in 2011 and was still performing fairly well.)

Stop talking

Understanably experimental squad for this. The necessity of ensuring rest for some players has led to the chance for the likes of Shinnie, Stevenson, Souttar etc. Some will make the grade, most won't.

The Hungary game brought plenty of positives in the likes of Hendry, McKenna, McGinn, Armstrong, McGregor, Fraser and whisper it in Phillips. Not expecting results in either of these games but a couple of positive performances would be a good springboard.

KO times are great.
07:00 & 08:00 in the morning....is that too early for a beer?

The KO times I put up are UK time mate (I hope[emoji848]), Peru and Mexico are both 6 hours behind us!!!

17 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

The KO times I put up are UK time mate (I hopeemoji848.png), Peru and Mexico are both 6 hours behind us!!!

Good!, I'm no an us.  I'm 6 hours ahead....:thumsup2

Stephen O'Donnell in for Barry Douglas. 

You can't deny that O'Donnell deserves his call-up, but it's a bit worrying that Stevenson is the only L(W)B in the squad. 

Can't find anything about the Scotland games being on Eurosport?

Quite worryingly, the Eurosport pages I saw and quoted from last night aren't there any more, but this is:

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/international-friendlies/2018/mexico-scotland_mtc1011605/live.shtml

The Peru page is just the same!!!

It now looks like some kind of update page instead, hope this is just temporary, as a last resort, I'm pretty sure the Mexico game will be available to stream on FOX as they cover all the Mexico games, don't know about the Peru game though!!![emoji853]

Eta:

FOX are showing the Mexico v Wales game live on FS1 on the 28th, got to hope they're doing our one as well!!!

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

You can't deny that O'Donnell deserves his call-up, but it's a bit worrying that Stevenson is the only L(W)B in the squad. 

Bit weird when we have shitloads of left backs.  What about the guy at Bristol city, and would like to have seen him call up that McDonald from hull. He may use shinnie at lb as well.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Shinnie?

3 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Bit weird when we have shitloads of left backs.  What about the guy at Bristol city, and would like to have seen him call up that McDonald from hull. He may use shinnie at lb as well.

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

Shinnie?

Shinnie should be played in midfield. I'm not sure if he's played as a wing-back before, either, which we'll most likely be playing with. 

6 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Shinnie should be played in midfield. I'm not sure if he's played as a wing-back before, either, which we'll most likely be playing with. 

Having seen Stevenson's performances the last couple of weeks I can't imagine Shinnie could possibly be any worse. Even without playing there regularly if Shinnie is behind Stevenson in the LB pecking order something has gone badly wrong.

Archived