Champions 2017/8 vs Morton | Guard of Honour edition

7 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

If the Morton team did turn up tomorrow and dish out a pumping, having downed tools for the final third of the season for the second year running, I'd probably be even more seething than I will be when we lose the game effortlessly.

Nae shit, Sherlock.......             You've been "seething" the whole bloody season and never slow to tell us about it. Do the board a favour, learn how to seethe in silence.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I too thought the GABCE (Great Annual Bottle Crashing Event) had been cancelled this year, but Morton FC never leave the punters disappointed.

Except their own punters, obviously.

PS... I've heard Morton are taking the 'nae class' option and will not be offering a guard of honour today.

Falkirk did the guard of honour without anyone expecting such a gesture.  I would prefer Morton not to do one as it will fire up our players on the big day.

The whole guard of honour thing is birthday caird pish anyway. The real class option would always be just shaking hands and saying well done instead of this whole 'oh look how magnanimous we are' trope you see a lot of now.

23 minutes ago, GiGi said:

The whole guard of honour thing is birthday caird pish anyway. The real class option would always be just shaking hands and saying well done instead of this whole 'oh look how magnanimous we are' trope you see a lot of now.

I genuinely don't care either way, but a picture of it would have made excellent future wind up. You'd have been seeing it a lot.

Were doomed

Greenock Morton community team delivers 5-2 humiliation for first eleven with Harkins been sent off in disgrace in warm -up for big derby.

See report

https://gmfc/net

and VT thanks for all those red dots through the season, thanks for playing.

Well sadly the sun is out and if Shull finds the polish it might be blinding day.

I look on the positives, will be able to saunter home knowing the rabble are hopefully locked in and will be giving it a miss  going out for a sherbet tonight.

Looking forward to swopping St Mirren with Partick Th you get  a better class of drinking hole up the west end.  

58 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Aye, in all seriousness I couldn't give a f**k whether we do it or not. My seethe and non-attendance today is entirely based on being scunnered with how Duffy has once again overseen the complete collapse of a season and the knowledge that the board will be falling over themselves to reward him for achieving nothing again.

Even with St Mirren having won the title and getting the trophy today, you'd have seen a sold out away end if we knew a result would put us in the playoffs. Instead it's absolutely meaningless and you'd like to think the board would take a message from us taking our smallest crowd to Paisley in decades as a result, but no doubt they'll treat that as further evidence that everything is the fans' fault and put it down to petulance about not wanting to see St Mirren lording it over us.

I'll pre-empt the responses by agreeing that Salmond, Greggy and Portillo are entirely justified here.

Nae shit, Sherlock.......             You've been "seething" the whole bloody season and never slow to tell us about it. Do the board a favour, learn how to seethe in silence.

Yes, because that's exactly what Morton need, more fans sitting on their hands, accepting being short changed, accepting failure.

Cancerous attitude.

14 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Morton collapse season after season so no point in blaming Duffy. Your board has no ambition and the last 30 years prove that.  Today will be glorious and we will maybe take some pictures and post them 8)

Well this season it is demonstrably Duffy's fault. The board are responsible for the past 15 years of underachievement but Duffy can carry the can for the final quarter of this campaign.

11 hours ago, GiGi said:

I've posted multiple times on this very thread. So it's not really almost like that at all. 

To be fair to you, you never hide. One of the good guys who can fully take it as well as dish it out when required. Mr Blue, Dunning, Jamie M and Colkitto are also in that group. 

I don't care where others are to be fair as it's their own business but it's quite funny just how insufferable they were over the course of most of last season while guys like myself, Snif, Glenburnbud, Coventry Saint, Gareth, Northbank and a few others hung about to take the flak week in week out. Then they disappeared off around the arse end of last season only to reappear in pre season for a hearty point and laugh at anyone who suggested we'll be up there this season before fucking off again when the cold realisation hit and hit hard. 

Classic case of cannytakeititis. :lol:

Think their silence is actually more satisfying as I'm taking it as they are hurting like f**k at the chain of events that have unfolded in the last 18 months as we, once again, won in the long run just like we inevitably have done all of their poor wee lives. :lol:

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Well this season it is demonstrably Duffy's fault. The board are responsible for the past 15 years of underachievement but Duffy can carry the can for the final quarter of this campaign.

I get what your saying but your BOD have delivered a big pile of feck all consistently.... both on the park and off.  It's shocking treatment towards it's loyal fans of which there is a considerable amount.

3 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I get what your saying but your BOD have delivered a big pile of feck all consistently.... both on the park and off.  It's shocking treatment towards it's loyal fans of which there is a considerable amount.

It's not one or the other, both statements are correct. 

Short term issue - Duffy

Long term issue - Rae and BoD

Today will be very sour for us so I've opted to work overtime instead. In the summer there will be questions for the board to answer on  what exactly the height of their ambition is for the club over the coming seasons. If they can't commit to a genuine go at promotion then my season ticket will not be renewed until the club is under new leadership from the top. It's become alarmingly easy for me to start missing games this season.

Also, I'll be engaging in a healthy bit of GET DOON again for you c***s next season.

3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Short term issue - Duffy

Today will be very sour for us so I've opted to work overtime instead. In the summer there will be questions for the board to answer on  what exactly the height of their ambition is for the club over the coming seasons. If they can't commit to a genuine go at promotion then my season ticket will not be renewed until the club is under new leadership from the top. It's become alarmingly easy for me to start missing games this season.

Also, I'll be engaging in a healthy bit of GET DOON again for you c***s next season.

A healthy Morton would be good for us. I can't see you competing with us in the near future which is a pity and down to your BOD. It would be a good start at making it up to the fans if  if they delivered you a new stadium.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Many of them don't seem to want one. Their prerogative, I guess.

Without getting into a debate over who’s got the better stadium etc, I just wouldn’t want us to end up with one like yourselves which is the main reason why I wouldn’t want a new one. Most opposition supporters don’t appreciate how good it is to watch football from the Cowshed as well. I also don’t see where we could realistically put a new stadium as it would have to be far out of town which would suit no one. 

Without getting into a debate over who’s got the better stadium etc, I just wouldn’t want us to end up with one like yourselves which is the main reason why I wouldn’t want a new one. Most opposition supporters don’t appreciate how good it is to watch football from the Cowshed as well. I also don’t see where we could realistically put a new stadium as it would have to be far out of town which would suit no one. 

Spot on mate! Long live the cowshed!

29 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Short term issue - Duffy

Glad I’m not the only one in the same boat as I’m really struggling to find the enthusiasm to renew my season ticket for next season. Pains me to say it cos I love this club but the lack of ambition from certain people at the club is making me want to stay away until we have new owners in place. I can find better things to spend my money on than filling the pockets of someone who is happy to finish mid table every season.

Archived