England's Glorious Failure

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

If only we had Barry Ferguson. Ah well, at least when we get pumped out I can delight in the literal tears Harry Kane's last minute winner in our 2-2 qualifying draw at Hampden caused.

I was wrong earlier; this is the definition of cold comfort.

We'll arrive at talk of "pub leagues" before this thread ends, mark my words.

8 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I was wrong earlier; this is the definition of cold comfort.

We'll arrive at talk of "pub leagues" before this thread ends, mark my words.

Theres a deep irony that England fans say Scotland fans only take comfort in England's failure, and yet every WC failure for them gets you millions of England's fans saying "at least we got there". 

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres a deep irony that England fans say Scotland fans only take comfort in England's failure, and yet every WC failure for them gets you millions of England's fans saying "at least we got there". 

They've got a point to be fair.  A bit of TOPBANTZ when England inevitably fail is fine, but it's cringeworthy hearing the ones that seem to hate England more than they like their own country piping up.  England will very likely get to the knockout stage of a major tournament that we couldn't even get to a playoff for.  Doesn't mean we can't point and laugh, but we'd kill to be in the position they're in, and they know it.

Tbf it's handy that England qualify for these tournies, as it does give you at least 3 teams to actually root for instead watching all the games as a neutral, until your Sweepie team plays. It kind of mixes it up a bit!!!

12 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

If only we had Barry Ferguson. Ah well, at least when we get pumped out I can delight in the literal tears Harry Kane's last minute winner in our 2-2 qualifying draw at Hampden caused.

Wasny too concerned by kane's late goal tbh.

We got a draw out of a game which didnt look likely for much of the game.

I'am still reveling looking into the wee saxon's eyes across the south west tunnel and seeing their looks of dismay after griff"s 2nd free kick...scenes :thumsup2

They'll draw 0-0 with Tunisia in their first game.

The second will see a comfortable 1 or 2-0 victory over Panama.

Their final group stage game will be a 1-1 draw with Belgium, finishing second in their group.

The knock-out stage will see them face off against Colombia; they'll narrowly lose - perhaps on penalties. 

I want Raheem Sterling to do well and England to do badly. Worst possible scenario for yer Brexit-voting da and the tabloid press, basically.

They certainly seem to have it in for Raheem and his new tattoo with one campaigners demanding that he have it lasered off or covered up with another tattoo.

I know this women has suffered a loss as a result of Gun crime but who the f**k does she think she is trying to dictate what someone she doesn’t know does in their life. Just another excuse for the offended brigade to be offended.

Are these same campaigners calling for computer games, action movies etc to be banned?

People need to get a fucking grip.

It appears the media in particular the sun really have it in for the boy.

I'm no fan of Sterling, but I doubt anyone wouldve noticed it at all if the Sun hadn't plastered it over their sports pages calling it a disgrace

I see despite Garerths media integration efforts the newspaper implosion of the team has begun.

Im not bothered if England do well or not, but the medias willingness to shaft them for a non story at any opportunity is terrible and shouldn't be encouraged. 

1 hour ago, dundeefc1783 said:

They certainly seem to have it in for Raheem and his new tattoo with one campaigners demanding that he have it lasered off or covered up with another tattoo.

I know this women has suffered a loss as a result of Gun crime but who the f**k does she think she is trying to dictate what someone she doesn’t know does in their life. Just another excuse for the offended brigade to be offended.

Are these same campaigners calling for computer games, action movies etc to be banned?

People need to get a fucking grip.

It appears the media in particular the sun really have it in for the boy.

Raheem Sterling has suffered a loss as a result of gun crime, his father was shot to death,  That's why he got the tattoo.  Not something I would do but Sterling seems to be target number 1 for outrage merchants nowadays.

56 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I see despite Garerths media integration efforts the newspaper implosion of the team has begun.

Im not bothered if England do well or not, but the medias willingness to shaft them for a non story at any opportunity is terrible and shouldn't be encouraged. 

Who sa ys they need encouragement?  It's not just football - the media agenda is to make sure in any event, enough people are whipped up into a frenzy so that if things go wrong, they'll be well positioned to benefit from the fall.  They fucking love a fall from grace.  They especially love anything around the English team because there's just so much material to go on.  When you combine that with the fact that there's very little other football on to talk about, and that there's interest from yer da types in any little bit of news, this is the perfect story.

Never mind that wee Raheem has perfectly explained why he got it, and also why it's quite offensive that people are jumping to the usual "nurses and sodjers and banter and DISGRACE"  setting, they'll still cover it.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Raheem Sterling has suffered a loss as a result of gun crime, his father was shot to death,  That's why he got the tattoo.  Not something I would do but Sterling seems to be target number 1 for outrage merchants nowadays.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3667267/That-s-lot-Sterling-England-flop-Raheem-shows-blinging-house-complete-home-cinema-jewel-encrusted-bathroom-fleet-supercars.html

This was a story after England got knocked out of Euro 2016. Sterling bought his Mum a sink. How on Earth that makes the front page of any newspaper is beyond me.

1 hour ago, Nastro said:

See when Harry Kane finishes as top scorer in the tournament?

Entirely possible he'll join the illustrious ranks of Oleg Salenko after a 5-0 win against Panama. Fingers crossed for the lad.

No one seems to be mentioning how strange it is that Sterling decided getting a tattoo of his Dad’s murder weapon is some form of tribute.

Oh aye, Dad has been stabbed to death - I’ll get a massive fucking knife tattoo’d on me as a tribute.

Archived