England's Glorious Failure

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s his leg and he can get what he likes tattooed onto it, doesn’t matter who or why others don’t like it.

I don’t buy the memorial for his dad shite though, trying to get his excuses in but I doubt you get a tattoo of a weapon that killed your dad as some kind of memory to him.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

It’s his leg and he can get what he likes tattooed onto it, doesn’t matter who or why others don’t like it.

I don’t buy the memorial for his dad shite though, trying to get his excuses in but I doubt you get a tattoo of a weapon that killed your dad as some kind of memory to him.

Makes me think of this

I would imagine there's not a lot the players can do, other than ignore a bunch of idiots trying to wind them up and affect their performance.

Guest DAVIDB69

It’s a bad stereotype but Nigeria and African sides in general are very physical . They always look like a straight red is just round the corner

Sterling's yellow card for his quite ludicrous dive the Nigeria game was quite special, he actually looked like he was going to cry!!![emoji23]

Good to see that even the foreign refs who aren't used to him, appear to think that he's cheating little shitehawk as well and no benefit of the doubt is being given - good to know, good to see!!!

Take Kane, sterling and Alli out the England side and they are any average. Dier is a very poor midfielder, it's as if he wasn't quite good enough for CB so pushed him into Cm where he thinks he's a world beater.

4 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Take Kane, sterling and Alli out the England side and they are any average. Dier is a very poor midfielder, it's as if he wasn't quite good enough for CB so pushed him into Cm where he thinks he's a world beater.

They seem obsessed with this idea that him as a DM, and dropping into defence when the full backs push up, is some revolutionary tactical step. To the point where they seem to refuse to play a match without it. 

They seem obsessed with this idea that him as a DM, and dropping into defence when the full backs push up, is some revolutionary tactical step. To the point where they seem to refuse to play a match without it. 
Totally agree. England have this notion that they are an outstanding footballing side who pass like Barca and walk the ball into the net. When Nigeria matched up against them in the 2nd half yesterday they were pish. They will no doubt get out their group at the WC however against a decent side they will crumble, dier and Henderson can't create anything and don't really do much else, I wouldn't even class them as good at breaking up the play. Kyle walker will get exposed at CB by anyone with a half decent striker with good movement as his positioning is terrible.
If Kane doesn't score they are in all sorts of trouble.

Since they won it in 1966, England have won 5 knockout games at the World Cup. That’s five knockout games in 50 odd years.
The games they’ve won;
86 Paraguay
90 Belgium
90 Cameroon
02 Denmark
06 Ecuador

Now that’s with considerably better players than what they have now, which is easily the worst squad in my lifetime. They’ll do absolutely nothing this tournament either.

42 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Since they won it in 1966, England have won 5 knockout games at the World Cup. That’s five knockout games in 50 odd years.

That does read like a mental statistic, but I wonder how it stacks up to the other 'A' list nations (don't laugh; I hear they actually won it once, but you don't hear much about it).

13 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

That would have been like saying 'take Platini, Giresse and Tigana out the French midfield in '82 and they would be average'. :rolleyes:

'Take Salah, Firmino and Mane out the Liverpool team and their strike force would be average' :o

17 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

That does read like a mental statistic, but I wonder how it stacks up to the other 'A' list nations (don't laugh; I hear they actually won it once, but you don't hear much about it).

After beating Brazil in 1990, Argentina didn't win a knockout game in 90 minutes until they beat Mexico in the last 16 in 2010.

They did win several on penalties and one in extra-time, but it's still a mental statistic.

Archived