The Champions elect V's The Chumpions select

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Because they are.  

Edit: not sure a one word tweet constitutes a hissy fit, mind you. 

True enough.

Must have just been my interpretation of it.....I've been hanging around here so long that I suspect it's clouded my view!

What continues to strike me is every Celtic v Rangers game since Rodgers arrived, is the amount of space Scott Brown and the other centre mid Rodgers selects along side him seem to have every time they have the ball. 

Free to spray it around and bring Forrest and Sinclair into play time and again. Utter madness from both Murty and the Rangers players.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

What continues to strike me is every Celtic v Rangers game since Rodgers arrived, is the amount of space Scott Brown and the other centre mid Rodgers selects along side him seem to have every time they have the ball. 

Free to spray it around and bring Forrest and Sinclair into play time and again. Utter madness from both Murty and the Rangers players.

Yep.  It's astonishing that they believe that continuing to do this will somehow yield a different result from the last 8 or 9 times they've let the Celtic midfield go 90 minutes pretty much challenge free.

16 minutes ago, Snafu said:
Bunbeg Brian @BunbegB
BREAKING NEWS. Last night at the RFC POTY awards fighting broke out between Union Bears and players. Lee Wallace has given a full statement to Officer Lustig!
1 reply 3 retweets 18 likes

Admittedly I’m not au fait with all social media platforms but, unless I’m mistaken, there still doesn’t appear to be a word from Rangers on yesterday’s debacle. That’s quite something

66 replies 26 retweets 157 likes

Image result for club 1872 statement

4 hours ago, Snafu said:
there still doesn’t appear to be a word from Rangers on yesterday’s debacle. That’s quite something

With the Catholicism aside, it'll be similar to that bit in Father Ted where they know they need to write a song (or in Sevco's case, a statement).

1) Call the board meeting :

2) Write the statement, overnight if required :

3) The final product :

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Probably explains why most of the team have basically thrown the towel in, the last few games have been gift wrapped for them.

Is that the Old Firm game you’ve got on that telly?

Aye, five minutes to go Kim, just wait ‘tll you see the state of the Sevco, mon’ jump across into the South....

Fcuk sake man, five-zip! I should nuke those wage thieves!

Just wait until you hear this Kim.... Stevie G. Fcuking Stevie G.... nice haircut by the way.

FC4C0570-9949-4021-B295-D04824A81672.jpeg

10 hours ago, bennett said:

Probably explains why most of the team have basically thrown the towel in, the last few games have been gift wrapped for them.

Nah. That's not an excuse.   Even if the players are disillusioned with the manager and have decided to stop playing for him, have some professional pride for f**k sake. 

3 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Nah. That's not an excuse.   Even if the players are disillusioned with the manager and have decided to stop playing for him, have some professional pride for f**k sake. 

Agreed but it's seems to be with modern day players that if you give them an excuse (or someone else to blame) they'll take it!

Murty has been hugely undermined by various statements and action by people within Rangers.

16 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Yep.  It's astonishing that they believe that continuing to do this will somehow yield a different result from the last 8 or 9 times they've let the Celtic midfield go 90 minutes pretty much challenge free.

The exception to this was the 30 December game, where Rangers didn't allow Celtic's midfield any time on the ball, got Brown rattled and took more and more control of the midfield as the game went on, to the point where every second ball was being picked up by them in the second half.

I'm sure it's just an amazing coincidence that that's the only game you avoided defeat against Celtic this season, with a clean sheet as well.

8 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The exception to this was the 30 December game, where Rangers didn't allow Celtic's midfield any time on the ball, got Brown rattled and took more and more control of the midfield as the game went on, to the point where every second ball was being picked up by them in the second half.

I'm sure it's just an amazing coincidence that that's the only game you avoided defeat against Celtic this season, with a clean sheet as well.

You would think that they might have used that performance as a rough guide on how not to get utterly pumped.

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Mince celtic played 9 games in 27 days in december sevco being the last one any squad would suffer from that,celtic were out on their feet and still managed a 0-0 comparing games is fools gold.

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Mince celtic played 9 games in 27 days in december sevco being the last one any squad would suffer from that,celtic were out on their feet and still managed a 0-0 comparing games is fools gold.

The tactical template remains the same though. Hearts used the same high line, high energy level press to great effect in the 4-0 game at Tynecastle.

An player can look good given time and space to pick their passes.

9 minutes ago, sjc said:

The tactical template remains the same though. Hearts used the same high line, high energy level press to great effect in the 4-0 game at Tynecastle.

An player can look good given time and space to pick their passes.

Craig Gordon being the exception.

3 minutes ago, sjc said:

Yeh, as good a goalkeeper as he is, he's no modern day sweeper keeper!

Aye, his reflex saves can be as good as you're likely to see but his distribution lets him down badly.  Sunday is the first time I recall seeing a goalkeeper attempting a no pressure pass, only for him to knock it out for a corner. 

Archived