Dunfermline v Dundee United | Dundee United v Dunfermline

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Okay, Pars lost but it’s  not as bad as getting Senegal in the P&B sweepstake. Raging. 

Best of luck in the next tie(s) United. Think you lot just ham it up a bit and are not that pish, at least not all the time.

We're decent when we play a decent formation and play direct.

The tippy tappy pish gets us nowhere

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Laddie Gastineau said:

Scumvermin Pathetic, historically,financially cheating,grassing b*****ds of a club.Simply glorious.Karma.

Don’t think at the start of the season (or even a couple of months back when our season looked over) too many Pars fans would have sniffed at a playoff finish, getting put out by Dundee United. Steady improvement on the 7th place League One finish of just a few seasons back. 

P.S. Hope your spacebar gets better soon x

We're decent when we play a decent formation and play direct.
The tippy tappy pish gets us nowhere

Game changed when Mikkelson come on, he took the weight off of us and let Mcdonald get Involved.

Playing 1 up front In this league Is horrendous.

Honourable mention to Willie Collum. The Penis Shaft. The absolute most irritating c**t of a referee. Terrible for both teams. And the lineswoman/linesperson/official on the GF side...ooft...that Dunfermline on one looked fucking miles off side.

Agree with this. Collum was all over the place. Missing obvious fouls, giving really soft fouls, refusing to book anyone. As you say, that lineswoman was abysmal as well. Even McManus seemed convinced he was offside. His reaction made it so obvious. Don’t think she gave a single offside all game - there were a few that definitely looked offside, and missed the ball going out a few times. Even when it went out, she seemed to guess which team should get the ball and got it wrong quite a few times.

Thanks to McManus missing that one on one though, the officiating made no different to the result. As I’ve already said, all the best to United. Please make sure we don’t have to play you 4 times next season!

5 minutes ago, The Laddie Gastineau said:

Scumvermin Pathetic, historically,financially cheating,grassing b*****ds of a club.Simply glorious.Karma.

Off to bed sonny Jim that's enough haribo today.

This is most confusing. Bairns pouring out the woodwork to celebrate a Utd victory and Dundee fans performing a stunning volte face by cheering a Utd win to get at Dunfermline & Livi fans.

The most noticeable change for me is how shite we are now shooting down the hill. Used to be the complete opposite.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Agree with this. Collum was all over the place. Missing obvious fouls, giving really soft fouls, refusing to book anyone. As you say, that lineswoman was abysmal as well. Even McManus seemed convinced he was offside. His reaction made it so obvious. Don’t think she gave a single offside all game - there were a few that definitely looked offside, and missed the ball going out a few times. Even when it went out, she seemed to guess which team should get the ball and got it wrong quite a few times.

Thanks to McManus missing that one on one though, the officiating made no different to the result. As I’ve already said, all the best to United. Please make sure we don’t have to play you 4 times next season!

What was the tackles by Flood at the end of the first half like? Sounded bad on the commentary. We didn't get much luck with refereeing decisions and without making a huge drama out of it the sending off in the first leg quite possibly cost us tonight.

I hope united get promoted too I hate playing them. It must be like how Ayr feel about us.

Next season ICT, Ross County and United. Nope nope nope.

I went along to this game with a few United supporting mates. Didn't think utd looked up for it at all in the first half and the pars had 2 great chances to go 2 up, but they fucked it. Looked a howler from the goalie to let utd back in it, then there was only going to be one winner. Fucking united goalie done a tendon celebrating the goal XD
I like the playoffs, was a good atmosphere and that's one of the first games I've gone to as a neutral.

Dunno why Laszlo went with McDonald up by himself in that first half especially at home. Only Fraser was anywhere near him, McDonald kept dropping in deep taking it and passing it wide but after he done that there was nobody in the middle or running past him. United couldn’t get up the park and Dunfermline were swarming all over them.

Dunfermline looked impressive in the first half, I really like Higginbotham, and they really could have had a few more. The McManus 1 on 1 in particular, it’s like he had too much time. The one off the bar too.

Second half was a proper team effort from United in comparison to the first and having someone next to McDonald made such a difference. Also think the Dunfermline fans having a go at McDonald was the worst thing they could’ve done. He was excellent after that and right up for it.

The winner from Stanton looked a cracker, great run and finished well, one of Uniteds bright sparks. Also thought Ralston was great as was Fraser infront of him, who put in some shift. Murdoch had a few good moments. Uniteds weak link for me anyway is the left hand side, King a passenger I thought and Robson is dodgy, really good defensive header in first half though.

Also couldn’t believe Johnston’s tactics, I was sure they would’ve got another couple of chances if they’d just kept playing the way they were. M’Voto looked lost up there and just got in the way. Absolutely superb save from Lewis in that second half too so they can count themselves a bit unlucky.

Fancy United to get to the final again this year.

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

What was the tackles by Flood at the end of the first half like? Sounded bad on the commentary. 

They were brilliant. Classic Willo. Even at 58, the boy's still got it. He's a force of nature.

This is most confusing. Bairns pouring out the woodwork to celebrate a Utd victory and Dundee fans performing a stunning volte face by cheering a Utd win to get at Dunfermline & Livi fans.

The most noticeable change for me is how shite we are now shooting down the hill. Used to be the complete opposite.

We are not celebrating a Utd victory, we are enjoying a Dunfermline defeat.

You will lose to Livingston.

What was the tackles by Flood at the end of the first half like?

I was more frustrated at him not being booked for pulling Aird back a few minutes before that. You rarely see players not booked for pulling opponents back like he did.

Strange performance from Collum, thought both side got away with a lot for some that should have been fouls and other times he blew for fouls that seemed fair.

12 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

What was the tackles by Flood at the end of the first half like? Sounded bad on the commentary. We didn't get much luck with refereeing decisions and without making a huge drama out of it the sending off in the first leg quite possibly cost us tonight.

Don't see how that's possible considering Ashcroft played tonight

Archived