The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

At some point Hair-Reid has to get a chance apparently by did well against Queens Park the other night I'd be tempted to play him against Berwick and in the Challenge Cup even if Doohan had signed by then, Erskine would be good if it can be pulled off and maybe the boy Harrington from Aberdeen who can play RB, can see the other striker and winger being loan deals
Has Harrington not signed for anyone?

Ffs we're still trying to battle through Dundee United fans on here about big clubs so the last fucking thing we need now is the same argument with QOTS!
I won't get involved in such a debate tbh. Always absolutely painful to watch fans at this level trying to outdo each other on who is the bigger diddy.

I take it BT are only interested in the Dundee derbies and won't bother about any other games. See the Dundee derby and Inverness v Morton are both getting shown on the same night on BT and BBC, madness. BBC obviously not expecting us to do anything this season considering we're only on once, tbh i'm quite pleased cause Friday night games are a joke and i hate them.

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If we only make 1 or 2 signings we will be massively short. 

I wasn't implying that we only needed that number, I was alluding to the fact that it would be better to sign the players that we actually need to sign rather than just making signings for the sake of it. People seem to want to hit the panic button now just because we haven't signed as many as they would have liked yet.

I'm sure McCall is doing his homework on players and making sure they'll be the right signings.

Definitely need a keeper, midfielder and a winger at a minimum. 

I would hope that by this time next week we'll have two signed up (Doohan and 1 other of McCalls targeted positions), if we haven't signed anyone i'll be starting to get slightly worried, not that much cause we should easily beat Berwick but Livingston could give us a bit of a doing with our current squad imo. Anyone know when McCall is back from his holiday, wonder if the crocs were in full use.

I won't get involved in such a debate tbh. Always absolutely painful to watch fans at this level trying to outdo each other on who is the bigger diddy.

Nah don’t worry the smallest and quite frankly most pointless FT team is obviously Raith even if they are only a hybrid.

9 hours ago, rb123! said:

I take it BT are only interested in the Dundee derbies and won't bother about any other games. See the Dundee derby and Inverness v Morton are both getting shown on the same night on BT and BBC, madness. BBC obviously not expecting us to do anything this season considering we're only on once, tbh i'm quite pleased cause Friday night games are a joke and i hate them.

Games are only listed for first quarter , the way it has been done is that every team in the league have 1 home game televised in this period then league positions will probably determine games from there on in 

18 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Heard rumour we are being taken over??? Any info on this?? Possible Jim kirkwood as he has left Troon??? 

They are in talks , partnership or full takeover ? Who knows , think we will hear one way or another soon 

Just now, AyrExile said:

Are we playing Rangers in a friendly next week? Heard a rumour we might get a player on loan from them

Yes , Tuesday afternoon at the Hummel training ground ( Old Murray Park ) believe it’s Rangers development ( reserves) as Rangers have a European tie next week also