The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Do Ayr play a system that benefits a goal poacher? When he signed I did think it was a strange one as Ayr's system last season was more free-flowing and Doolan always struck me as a player that was a poacher.

If he got the proper service he would still score I reckon.
Your 100% correct we are probably more free flowing than last season apart from the game against yourselves when both teams were mince, to be fair the only goal he's scored in the league ironically against Thistle was that typically poachers goal.

Bit of displaced hostility being directed at Doolan I’d say!  General view is that he is a model pro, so I’m sure he is trying his best for us.  Looks like his legs have gone a bit though - might be one of the few things Caldwell got right at Partick!  

39 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
55 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
Do Ayr play a system that benefits a goal poacher? When he signed I did think it was a strange one as Ayr's system last season was more free-flowing and Doolan always struck me as a player that was a poacher.

If he got the proper service he would still score I reckon.

Your 100% correct we are probably more free flowing than last season apart from the game against yourselves when both teams were mince, to be fair the only goal he's scored in the league ironically against Thistle was that typically poachers goal.

Doolan is an out and out centre forward and doesn't suit our current system really , had we players like Cadden etc who crashed to the buy line and whipped the ball back the way then guy's like Doolan would prosper . However we play with wide forwards not wingers , who like to inter pass with each other and Moff who plays more of a 10's role ,a strange formation but boy how it work . I'd give the guy a break however as there is a player in there and be assured Micheal Moffat's tank will empty in due course ! He also allows us to change to other systems if required . Give the guy a break lads .......................

3 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Partick Thistle will be looking at more Ayr players in January or end of season

they will probably be cutting there budget so players such as Doolan Moffat Harvie and powill be on the radar I would think as well as one or two more 

I’d be very suprised if Moffat left us, he seems happy and content since he came back to us and I can see him finishing his career at Somerset 

they will probably be cutting there budget so players such as Doolan Moffat Harvie and powill be on the radar I would think as well as one or two more 

Unless one of their takeovers goes through they’ll be getting no one.

Simply cutting their budget won’t be enough for them to buy players we’ve no intention of letting go.

47 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’d be very suprised if Moffat left us, he seems happy and content since he came back to us and I can see him finishing his career at Somerset 

Agree, the Moff isn't going anywhere. He'll retire at Ayr. I hope he's still got this season and next in him though. He needs his 100th goal for Ayr!

50 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Agree, the Moff isn't going anywhere. He'll retire at Ayr. I hope he's still got this season and next in him though. He needs his 100th goal for Ayr!

No way Moff will be going anywhere , travelling and training times at other clubs would massively affect his business outside of football 

Good segment at half time on BBC Scotland about Ian McCall. Bet they are gutted they’re showing Dundee v Morton that weekend rather than our game and the “occasion” around it
That's what they get for loading their picks with games from the Dundee teams. Although being able to see Dundee so much doesn't make me miss McDaid at all.

3 hours ago, Fitbafollower said:

They can take Doolan, they've no chance of getting Moffat, they couldn't afford Harvie and I've no idea who Powill is ???

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
Good segment at half time on BBC Scotland about Ian McCall. Bet they are gutted they’re showing Dundee v Morton that weekend rather than our game and the “occasion” around it

That's what they get for loading their picks with games from the Dundee teams. Although being able to see Dundee so much doesn't make me miss McDaid at all.

Yip, they’ve definitely got a staunner for the Dundee teams, and previous to this weekend Partick (who’ve been shown 3 or 4 times already)  Even before the whole McCall saga I thought us v Partick was the tie of the week in the championship