The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Doolan must be on his way out surely, literally no point in keeping him. This transfer window looking a lot more difficult now,and it already was, when you see teams like Dunfermline losing players needing replaced and possible outs on our end.

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Outs lol, I'm going Docherty, Forrest and possibly Moffat

That would leave us needing 5/6 players which is a tough ask in January. Maybe our assistant manager can get some quick trading done on his laptop

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Outs? Our squad is already very small. There must simply be more ins than out this window. 

Plenty of younger guys needing game time , would not get too hung up about senior players leaving , only good money will make that happen  , which very few teams are willing to do as can get free in 4 months 

Edited by Robbo63

9 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Plenty of younger guys needing game time , would not get too hung up about senior players leaving , only good money will make that happen  , which very few teams are willing to do as can get free in 4 months 

Would make sense to try and send Ecrepont to somebody in League 2 perhaps? 

If Harvie leaves in the summer, then we've potentially got a nice replacement to come in. 

8 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

So the outs are more likely to be guys like Hewitt going out on loan? That's good I suppose. The juniors has it's uses for toughening guys up but they won't really help them develop too much so loans to League 1 or 2 would be decent. 

If no senior players leave then I'd rather Kerr put his focus on the defence and midfield. Between Forrest, McCowan, Moff, Moore, Doolan and McKenzie you'd think we've got enough firepower to stay top 4. We need to stop leaking silly goals and also replace Kerr and add another to our midfield. That's the minimum requirements imo. 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Would make sense to try and send Ecrepont to somebody in League 2 perhaps? 

If Harvie leaves in the summer, then we've potentially got a nice replacement to come in. 

Who's going to play left back when Harvie gets pushed further forward?

42 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

What would teams pay now for a 21 year old midfielder with his physical and mental attributes?

I don't know, but every team needs a player or two who isn't afraid to get stuck in. It's an underrated role.

If it wasn't for his injuries he would still be playing at a higher level and would probably have double figures in Scotland caps.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I assume the big guy is retiring? He was well liked down here and he's probably one of my favourite midfielders from the last 20 years. And he didn't have too many appearances for us. A no-fucks-given player that every midfield needs. Bittersweet career for him I'd say. He's clearly worshipped at Ayr but I think if he hadn't suffered so many horrible injuries he could have went on to bigger things.

Jamie Adams was magnificent as a teenage midfielder with us before his first cruciate injury, and after his first come back. I have absolutely no doubt that a fit Jamie Adams would have become a Scotland regular.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

He's getting on but could Liam Craig do a job in midfield for a Championship team? 

He can still do a job for us, if you use him to just sit in midfield and let him kill opposition attacks. Not sure we'll let him go just now.

19 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I have absolutely no doubt that a fit Jamie Adams would have become a Scotland regular.

No chance. I don't want to slag a guy whos been forced to retire but he was never close to that. He should've had a top flight career, and likely a successful one in the right side, but thats it.

You couldn't see Moff leaving surely? 
With the greatest respect, would he leave for a "bigger" move at this stage of his career. 
You'd hope he would be helping with our academy and getting his badges. 
His attitude and performances recently have been atrocious which to me indicates he either doesn't approve of Kerr or has his mind on somewhere else. Wouldn't be surprised if McCall is trying to tap him up.

His attitude and performances recently have been atrocious which to me indicates he either doesn't approve of Kerr or has his mind on somewhere else. Wouldn't be surprised if McCall is trying to tap him up.

Moff ain’t leaving.

His comments last week didn’t hint at being best pals with McCall and he seemed pretty content at the club right now.