The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I like this seasons shirts - there's only so much we can do with black and white and simple is usually better.  I get that it's a teamwear template, but I quite like it and we're better having a bespoke away kit as there is definitely room for creativity. 

If you look at the shirts released already this season there's a  definite 90s renaissance.  As a total football kit nerd I also noticed the SPFL printing for this season has changed - very 90s retro look to it. 

Edited by super_carson

3 minutes ago, Tigerland said:

Can  Robbo confirm the shorts and socks for both kits .?

SInce 1970 our home shirts have been on the main ,mainly white . The new home top is a belter . Pity we won’t see it on the field until the Autumn ..... 

This is what the full kit looks like...

104450481_10217819970467806_7647914722156326113_o.jpg

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Can we get some absolute ballers to cut about in it next season please?

On top of the ones we’ve already got of course.

Hector Bellerin would be the kind of "baller" who would take a huge pay-cut to wear that shirt once every two weeks. 

23 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

We will be out of lockdown then but there will still be restrictions on public gatherings and domestic travel. There will 100% still be a risk in October and in to next year but looking at the cases from countries that are ahead of us and have handled it better, it will hopefully make the impact a lot less. I don't think we'll see a full house at any ground in Scotland next season, it'll be reduced capacity until at least the spring. 

Dowden has just confirmed that he hopes to see fans in stadiums by the START of next season, he also thinks that any outdoor sport will have a far bigger scope for this as far less chance of spreading the virus outdoors.

17 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I'd be delighted with that. I may even forgive you if the strip unveiled tomorrow is honking. 🤣

I've never rated Bell at centre halve - he has 1 critical mistake a game and more often than not we get away with it but it does cost us goals. A significant proportion of our support dont seem to notice but go bat shit crazy if Muirhead missteps or Roscoe falls over.

Strangely, as you say Muirhead is more effective further up the field as a defensive midfielder.

That being said I actually don't know who I would keep at centre halve. I expect it'll be 2 of 3 but they all have their pluses and minuses. 

He's not the best from a defensive perspective, however he's an integral part of the side for his ball playing / passing ability out of defence. When Muirhead play at CH with Roscoe we tend to just punt the ball and miss out the midfield which just can't happen if you're trying to play a passing style.

4 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

It’s definitely better when you see it in real life , 

It gets my vote, something different that just seems to "work".

Dowden has just confirmed that he hopes to see fans in stadiums by the START of next season, he also thinks that any outdoor sport will have a far bigger scope for this as far less chance of spreading the virus outdoors.

That’ll apply to England only I think.

2 hours ago, Tigerland said:

Can  Robbo confirm the shorts and socks for both kits .?

SInce 1970 our home shirts have been on the main ,mainly white . The new home top is a belter . Pity we won’t see it on the field until the Autumn ..... 

Call me superstitious, but we always seem to play better the whiter our strips are and personally I prefer them predominately white but each to their own.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’ll apply to England only I think.

Yes it will, but we're only a matter of weeks behind them (and we may end up ahead of them shortly) so if they're playing in front of fans in August, I seriously can't see us playing behind closed doors in October.

56 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Aye, North Terrace will be grand. 

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I confirm that I hope I win Euromillions

He said he hopes they will but only if it is safe, I hope so to but there is nothing at the moment to suggest that it will be. He also said "some fans" I don't think he could any more vague or non-committal if he tried. The Premier league doesn't have a START date yet either, It is due to finish at the end of July so the new season is likely to start in September.

I am not saying this because I hope you are wrong but there is no point in getting your hopes up that it will happen when all the data suggests it wont. Currently you are not allowed to meet in groups larger than eight. Maybe by August, public gatherings of 100-200 people will be allowed with social distancing. The matchday staff, players and officials from both clubs will make up the bulk of that. This is why the current start date of October will likely be chosen, if there is no second wave, new cases will presumably be minimal and if there is a second wave, it will have already have happened and data from other countries will be available to see how bad it is likely to be. The Jenner vaccine is also in mass production, they are manufacturing about 40 million doses currently in preparation for a successful clinical trial. 

On 16/06/2020 at 20:34, Skyline Drifter said:

Aye, this. Clearly everyone related to Roscoe, or who has ever met him has been in and voted for him. He wasn't even an automatic starter for Ayr! These sort of things are utterly pointless to be honest. Marginally less pointless than the Premiership one which needless to say had 11 Old Firm players in it. Fans are partisan, they will, largely, vote for their own players. The players from the biggest fan base will probably get in unless they have an awful player in a particular position and there's an obviously head and shoulders better player from amongst the other clubs.

I'm biased but McCrorie clearly was the best keeper in the division this year. You only have to look at the way we collapsed once he departed (though Brownlie was also part of that, back to him in a minute). I think he's probably in the top 10 in the country to be honest. Didn't win though of course. Dundee United's keeper did, and he's not a bad keeper, but he's not better than McCrorie.

The actual drawing up of the short list is a factor too. There's clearly an attempt to include the most appearances for each side but then you get the inconsistency of Darren Brownlie who was our best defender this season and also Partick Thistle's best defender not making the list whilst both clubs have two other defenders in there. Presumably because he didn't make enough appearances for either side due to moving in January. Not saying Brownlie should be in the team but he's better than all his team mates in the short list. Likewise no sign of Jamie McCart in the ICT list whilst Tremarco, Rooney and Donaldson (who also left in January) are in the shortlist.

However Roscoe is sitting top at the moment, his big early lead has already been slashed. I imagine by the time we're done there's a fair chance the three United players currently 3rd, 4th and 5th (and splitting the United votes a bit) will be in along with Tam O'Brien who clearly WAS the best defender in the League.

Just catching up on this now I see the SPFL have been absolutely trolled by voters in this. Not only did Roscoe cling on to the team as the 3rd pick defensively but Lewis Mansell, Partick Thistle's one League goal all season centre forward was voted best in the League by a landslide, ahead of Shankland who did at least get in the team. The £0.5m rated Kevin NIsbet was 5th, also behind Nicky Clark and Connor Murray! 😄

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Just catching up on this now I see the SPFL have been absolutely trolled by voters in this. Not only did Roscoe cling on to the team as the 3rd pick defensively but Lewis Mansell, Partick Thistle's one League goal all season centre forward was voted best in the League by a landslide, ahead of Shankland who did at least get in the team. The £0.5m rated Kevin NIsbet was 5th, also behind Nicky Clark and Connor Murray! 😄

You mean to tell me you didn't vote for a Partick Thistle player in ever category? I know I did. 👍