The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It seems he is part time. Thats a bit strange I'm sure when he joined from Stranraer he was full time. As thats around the time we made the switch with the likes of Flemming leaving because he wouldn't go full time. At that point I'm sure Adams was the only one who was part time.

Tbf its no impediment at this level. Look at Graham and TOB.

Chris Higgins certainly does. I'm not sure about Bell though.

He's always been part time with us, he's a teacher. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

They were both given squad numbers today :lol:

Moore is injured and Bell was at his day job. 

Yeah, its the way Kerr said it makes it sound like they are away. The 'not going to be here' bit refers to today (ie. the Partick match) not forever. 

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Aye a think he was talking about them not being at the game today as opposed to being away. Any idea what is wrong with either Moore or Houston. 

Houston had a dead leg after a blocking a tackle from Tom Walsh , think Moore jarred his knee ( not sure how long he will be out , rumour is it could be a minimum 2/3 week recovery if all goes well 

Edited by Robbo63

45 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I’m sure Bell has a role with the PFA also, possibly a player rep. May be talking out my arse. 

He is a care worker ( possibly in management ) looking after under privileged kids , he brings different kids down to Somerset on a regular basis 

Edited by Robbo63

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

On todays game, have to say apart from the 5 minute crash, i was very impressed with the live stream quality.

Anyone know if that was those pixolot cameras today and if so what are we going to be using for home games.

Decision being made this week I believe , may go with AU media coverage 

36 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah, its the way Kerr said it makes it sound like they are away. The 'not going to be here' bit refers to today (ie. the Partick match) not forever. 

Moore will not be back anytime soon going by rumours heard today , not sure what’s happening with Bell , he was down at club last week with a couple of the kids he looks after , he looked ok then 

32 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

He is a care worker ( possibly in management ) looking after under privileged kids , he brings different kids down to Somerset on a regular basis 

Ah might have got mixed up there. 

49 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

As soon as you saw he wasn't in the squad for the first game you just assumed the worst. The boy has no luck.

Kerr’s quote in paper seems he has everything under control 

“ we are still searching but I am confident we will be fine ‘

Good to hear that the players he was after did not turn us down to go anywhere else , he clearly stated that due to injuries at their current club they now have the chance of first team football there or they have now picked up an injury themselves , he has shopped well so far and I believe he will get the players needed  to suit the style of football he wants to play this coming season, we are strong enough just now to compete against the other teams in our cup group ( Hamilton only team I think are capable of getting a result against us ) , as long as players are in for 17th October when the real stuff starts 

Edited by Robbo63

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Just when I thought the man couldn’t go up any further in my estimations.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

As soon as you saw he wasn't in the squad for the first game you just assumed the worst. The boy has no luck.

I think it’s gotten to the point where it’s clearly a problem rather than just luck. He hasn’t played a game in 6 months yet somehow has picked up a potential long term injury.

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I think it’s gotten to the point where it’s clearly a problem rather than just luck. He hasn’t played a game in 6 months yet somehow has picked up a potential long term injury.

I was being generous, no need to hammer him any more.

7 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Pretty sure that happens all the time at football clubs mate! 

Edited by ryanayr1987