The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Certainly can’t be used for home games , as away team  need hospitality suite to get changed as home team need to use the home and away dressing rooms  I believe 

Are the club considering it for away games? Obviously depends on the other team making their stream available, if they do I’m sure you’d get people who would take it up.

Are the club considering it for away games? Obviously depends on the other team making their stream available, if they do I’m sure you’d get people who would take it up.

Don't want to be a downer but with all the hospitality restrictions atm it would probably be more hassle than it's worth. People from two different households aren't allowed to sit at the same table, track and trace and 1m+ distance between each table etc, that's just some of the rules....

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

Don't want to be a downer but with all the hospitality restrictions atm it would probably be more hassle than it's worth. People from two different households aren't allowed to sit at the same table, track and trace and 1m+ distance between each table etc, that's just some of the rules....

With social distancing and household limitations, there would only be about 30 people allowed in , would not  be financially viable, 

Seems to be a lot of rumours Chris Kane is leaving us, and we're then signing a new striker, so guess there's a chance he's the striker you're after, and one club is waiting on the other before everything is signed off?

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems to be a lot of rumours Chris Kane is leaving us, and we're then signing a new striker, so guess there's a chance he's the striker you're after, and one club is waiting on the other before everything is signed off?

Christ I’m sure I may have said his name about 20 pages back :lol:

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds like he may well be east coast based being born in Edinburgh, however he wouldn’t be the first to make that long journey the God’s country .  Maybe the Saints fans can tell us wither he is a centre forward or more a 10 .? 

There are some noises being made of a more local based forward coming in . More of a number ten though . Maybe we can get both , maybe it’s one or the other !

29 minutes ago, North British said:

Sounds like he may well be east coast based being born in Edinburgh, however he wouldn’t be the first to make that long journey the God’s country .  Maybe the Saints fans can tell us wither he is a centre forward or more a 10 .? 

There are some noises being made of a more local based forward coming in . More of a number ten though . Maybe we can get both , maybe it’s one or the other !

How local is local ? Certainly no trialist  training who is local to Ayrshire 

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Bit of a minter that we’re potentially heading into Tuesday night with Moffat and McKenzie as our striking options. Signings needed before then. 

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Bit of a minter that we’re potentially heading into Tuesday night with Moffat and McKenzie as our striking options. Signings needed before then. 

Don’t get why you think we are not getting players in ? Kerr said in his interview we will be fine , what makes you think he is not getting players ?   Also surely our current squad is decent enough to compete with Albion Rovers 

Edited by Robbo63

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Moffat up front against Albion Rovers is fine. I think any remaining signings will be loans anyway so it’s not as if the Monday deadline is going to mean much to us.

100%. Its time the legend got to 100 goals! Make it happen Moff

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I think you need to chill out for a bit about this. 
Moffat up front is completely fine as long as we have someone in for the league starting. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

4 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Hmmm if true not I’m not exactly thrilled by this

I'd take Kane back happily, though we're not especially short of a striker right now with Dobbie, Shields, East, Goss and also young Niyah Joseph at the club. Took him a while to settle down but in the month or so before he left us he was really playing well and forming a good partnership with Dobbie. At this level Kane would be a very good striker.

20 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think you need to chill out for a bit about this. 
Moffat up front is completely fine as long as we have someone in for the league starting. 

We’ve known we’ve needed a striker since last season ended.  We now obviously need two with Moore out long term.

Yes Moffat against Albion rovers will probably be fine but it would of nice to have at least one striker in to get used to his teammates etc before the league kicks off. 

ETA:  Robbo had also said we would likely have two in before the Albion Rovers game with a third following shortly after so you can see why I’m disappointed. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw