The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Martyn Campbell was a good example of this, even though he was guaranteed an injury every season he was an absolute rock and produced the goods when fit. I fear with Moore than when he is fit people won't be willing to give him a chance, he's suffered badly from the "he's not Shankland" effect. 

Before Shankland arrived, we badly missed Moore when he was out injured i.e. when we were struggling for goals in the 16/17 season. If we can keep him fit for most of the season, he should be good for mid to high teens in goals.

4 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I've not followed the streaming debate closely so this may have been covered elsewhere, but given the policing and stewarding costs to host a game, how many pay per view purchases would the club need to sell to equal the matchday revenue of say a crowd of 2000 in the normal world, plus the lost revenue from hospitality.

We do seem to have loads of exiles dotted around the world that I'm sure would sign up to a PPV deal. 

:thumsup2  :thumsup2

Just a quick update on the streaming etc. No details as yet but everything is being actively discussed and will be announced via the usual channels when appropriate. Hopefully there will be the usual highlights from Albion Rovers next week. I won't be covering every away game this season. Again, details to follow.

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Certainly can’t be used for home games , as away team  need hospitality suite to get changed as home team need to use the home and away dressing rooms  I believe 

That makes a bit of sense now, wonder how they will work that when fans are back and they need to make their way up the terrace at half time :lol:

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That makes a bit of sense now, wonder how they will work that when fans are back and they need to make their way up the terrace at half time :lol:

You’d think that if fans are being allowed in then restrictions would of been loosened with regards to the dressing rooms. 

Its a bit of a nonsense that it’s even a thing to be honest. Can be on a football pitch for 90 minutes grappling etc however can’t share a dressing room with your team mates. 

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

You’d think that if fans are being allowed in then restrictions would of been loosened with regards to the dressing rooms. 

Its a bit of a nonsense that it’s even a thing to be honest. Can be on a football pitch for 90 minutes grappling etc however can’t share a dressing room with your team mates. 

It’s nonsense , when gaffer is doing team talk it needs to be done out on park as he can’t get 11 players in the same dressing room , referees need to change in the gym  , and back room staff need to change in the physio rooms 

Edited by Robbo63

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

It’s nonsense , when gaffer is doing team talk it needs to be done out on park as he can’t get 11 players in the same dressing room , referees need to change in the gym  , and back room staff need to change in the physio rooms 

Where will the away team shower?

4 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Certainly can’t be used for home games , as away team  need hospitality suite to get changed as home team need to use the home and away dressing rooms  I believe 

Hope they wipe their feet on the way back in.

Edited by RedEd

That's not creepy. 🤢
Nah tbf guy has a point, there ain't no showers in the hospitality clearly unless serious modifications have been done lol.

And where we're in times of extreme hygiene players can't exactly jump back on the bus without showering

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Nah tbf guy has a point, there ain't no showers in the hospitality clearly unless serious modifications have been done lol.

And where we're in times of extreme hygiene players can't exactly jump back on the bus without showering

Will they be allowed to travel on a team bus? 

1 hour ago, conley said:

Where will the away team shower?

I don’t believe any teams can offer shower facilities , at the moment players are not allowed to shower after training , they turn up in training gear and also have to wash their own training kit and playing kit, on transport currently all players must arrive in their own car , 

Edited by Robbo63

13 minutes ago, rb123! said:

No showers, players have to turn up wearing kit and go home in it, I saw Barry Ferguson on something saying one of his players at Kelty is from Dumfries and has to drive home after games in his kit. 

26 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

No showers, players have to turn up wearing kit and go home in it, I saw Barry Ferguson on something saying one of his players at Kelty is from Dumfries and has to drive home after games in his kit. 

Yes Scott Hooper. 

5 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Before Shankland arrived, we badly missed Moore when he was out injured i.e. when we were struggling for goals in the 16/17 season. If we can keep him fit for most of the season, he should be good for mid to high teens in goals.

Craig Moore should have been a hero. Feel sorry for the lad. IIRC he’s a personal trainer, ironic really how someone so fit could have so many injuries 😞

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

I don’t believe any teams can offer shower facilities , at the moment players are not allowed to shower after training , they turn up in training gear and also have to wash their own training kit and playing kit, on transport currently all players must arrive in their own car , 

Yep, showers currently not allowed. 

Most clubs are having to use hospitality suites for away teams to get changed in I think. Palmerston one of very few grounds in Scotland where both teams AND the officials will get dressing rooms.

Surprised on that, would have thought it would have been the other way about.