The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Of course there is luck involved but ultimately if he is injury prone it can only be managed. Assuming he does everything he can in terms of injury prevention programmes. 

You can accept him being injured, if he is fit for at least 3/4 of the season - anything less than that and unfortunately it becomes difficult. Hopefully he isn’t out too long. 

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Of course there is luck involved but ultimately if he is injury prone it can only be managed. Assuming he does everything he can in terms of injury prevention programmes. 

You can accept him being injured, if he is fit for at least 3/4 of the season - anything less than that and unfortunately it becomes difficult. Hopefully he isn’t out too long. 

Martyn Campbell was a good example of this, even though he was guaranteed an injury every season he was an absolute rock and produced the goods when fit. I fear with Moore than when he is fit people won't be willing to give him a chance, he's suffered badly from the "he's not Shankland" effect. 

Any form of knee injury is not good for a player so I think you'll be lucky to see Moore on the pitch until 2021.

Really excited for Reading, genuinely think just now he looks as good as Harvie and this is us just at the start of having Reading for two seasons.

Shame we'll not be able to see this team in the flesh for a while. It looks a better package to what we had last season.

I've not followed the streaming debate closely so this may have been covered elsewhere, but given the policing and stewarding costs to host a game, how many pay per view purchases would the club need to sell to equal the matchday revenue of say a crowd of 2000 in the normal world, plus the lost revenue from hospitality.

We do seem to have loads of exiles dotted around the world that I'm sure would sign up to a PPV deal. 

I've not followed the streaming debate closely so this may have been covered elsewhere, but given the policing and stewarding costs to host a game, how many pay per view purchases would the club need to sell to equal the matchday revenue of say a crowd of 2000 in the normal world, plus the lost revenue from hospitality.

We do seem to have loads of exiles dotted around the world that I'm sure would sign up to a PPV deal. 

I would reckon we'd need a lot to make a profit without fans tbh but not sure.

Pretty sure Cameron said a long time ago, probably before club brought shop and hospitality in house, that home games barely ever ran at a profit due to stewarding costs etc.

I'd reckon a few thousand PPV viewers would be required tbh which is never going to happen. Difficulty with PPV is a house of 3 who usually go to game and each pay admission will only pay for one PPV.

We would be doing well with 500 PPV IMO, £15 PPV would generate £7,500.

26 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Taking all costs of a normal game , a rough calculation based on PPV at £10 ( my guess ) , I reckon we would need around 2500 people to uptake the stream ( this excludes season ticket holders as they get stream free ) if we had 2000 at a game last year approx 50% of home fans would be season ticket holders 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:
Taking all costs of a normal game , a rough calculation based on PPV at £10 ( my guess ) , I reckon we would need around 2300 people to uptake the stream ( this excludes season ticket holders ) 

Would PPV be available to away fans to?

I would think so , as system would not know wither you were a home or away fan as we have fans travelling from as far a field as Aberdeen visiting Somerset every home game 

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Taking all costs of a normal game , a rough calculation based on PPV at £10 ( my guess ) , I reckon we would need around 2300 people to uptake the stream ( this excludes season ticket holders as they get stream free ) 

I was dipping in and out of the stream yesterday and think there was usually between 700-900 people viewing.

Im not sure how that would compare to normal - ie more people would be willing / able to watch on Saturday afternoon for a league or cup game as opposed to a friendly, but then how many would you have lost as you would have to pay for it rather than free, and obviously season ticket holders are not paying?

As you have a large number of exiles both Ayr fans and the opposition that will be taking the opportunity to get to the see the team play I reckon around the 1000 would be a reasonable estimate

50 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Taking all costs of a normal game , a rough calculation based on PPV at £10 ( my guess ) , I reckon we would need around 2500 people to uptake the stream ( this excludes season ticket holders as they get stream free ) if we had 2000 at a game last year approx 50% of home fans would be season ticket holders 

Season ticket holders have paid for the stream (potentially at a higher rate than those not buying one). 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Really excited for Reading, genuinely think just now he looks as good as Harvie and this is us just at the start of having Reading for two seasons

To be fair he is keeping Arron Hickey out the U21’s team . At the moment .

17 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Season ticket holders have paid for the stream (potentially at a higher rate than those not buying one). 

I think the problem is that charging £17.70 a stream ain't going to shift many PPVs. Season ticket holders will also be the first back in when the apocalypse receeds.

Moreover, if we want away fans to pay for a stream it has to be priced competiviely or they simply won't buy it. Its a tough one tbh.

I'm not sure what I'd price it if it were up to me.

Just now, Trogdor said:

I think the problem is that charging £17.70 a stream ain't going to shift many PPVs. Season ticket holders will also be the first back in when the apocalypse receeds.

Moreover, if we want away fans to pay for a stream it has to be priced competiviely or they simply won't buy it. Its a tough one tbh.

I'm not sure what I'd price it if it were up to me.

Might not, I was just picking at the suggestion ST holders get it free. 

The impact on away fans for PPV is an interesting one , due to our location we never really got huge away supports coming down to Somerset , Thistle apart . So there is a prospect of 6,000 Hearts fans tuning in . Even clubs with our size of supports , Inverness , Raith , Morton, QoS  could perhaps get close to 1,000 PPV as the season hot’s up . Dundee , Dunfermline more so . 

Obviously with match day sales of hospitality , merchandise etc there still might be a gap but maybe not as much as first feared . Even for an old far like me , that was pretty easy yesterday for the Thistle game and for a tenner it’s a no brainier . I’ll probably be virtually attending every away game this season if the service is available.  Something about sitting on a winter’s afternoon with a pint 🍺 and the heating on full bung watching the boys slogging it out at Alloa or Arbroath that really appeals to me . Doubt I’ll be the only one .

12 minutes ago, North British said:

The impact on away fans for PPV is an interesting one , due to our location we never really got huge away supports coming down to Somerset , Thistle apart . So there is a prospect of 6,000 Hearts fans tuning in . Even clubs with our size of supports , Inverness , Raith , Morton, QoS  could perhaps get close to 1,000 PPV as the season hot’s up . Dundee , Dunfermline more so . 

Obviously with match day sales of hospitality , merchandise etc there still might be a gap but maybe not as much as first feared . Even for an old far like me , that was pretty easy yesterday for the Thistle game and for a tenner it’s a no brainier . I’ll probably be virtually attending every away game this season if the service is available.  Something about sitting on a winter’s afternoon with a pint 🍺 and the heating on full bung watching the boys slogging it out at Alloa or Arbroath that really appeals to me . Doubt I’ll be the only one .

There's nothing stopping the club putting feelers out for hospitality and a stream of the game, some folk may enjoy that as they'll be around other Ayr fans watching the game. 

The last part, figures depending I think it would be a good idea to offer the PPV long term (once fans are back it would need to be full price), both home and away crowd numbers drop over the winter (midweek games too) and at the moment that potential income is just gone if they don't make their way to Somerset Park, seems daft when clubs in Scotland are so reliant on matchday income that we have locked this out until now. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

There's nothing stopping the club putting feelers out for hospitality and a stream of the game, some folk may enjoy that as they'll be around other Ayr fans watching the game. 

The last part, figures depending I think it would be a good idea to offer the PPV long term (once fans are back it would need to be full price), both home and away crowd numbers drop over the winter (midweek games too) and at the moment that potential income is just gone if they don't make their way to Somerset Park, seems daft when clubs in Scotland are so reliant on matchday income that we have locked this out until now. 

Already enquired about that, not happening. 

46 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Already enquired about that, not happening. 

Certainly can’t be used for home games , as away team  need hospitality suite to get changed as home team need to use the home and away dressing rooms  I believe