The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

50 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I'm glad that the challenge cup has been cancelled this season. 

Shittest, most pointless competition ever made.  

It should be cancelled permanently. Complete waste of time which just adds needless games to the fixture list. I can't even tell you who won it the last season - and who cares anyway?

As far as National Cups go, Scotland has the League Cup and the Scottish Cup. Is there really any need for the Challenge Cup?

15 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

It should be cancelled permanently. Complete waste of time which just adds needless games to the fixture list. I can't even tell you who won it the last season - and who cares anyway?

As far as National Cups go, Scotland has the League Cup and the Scottish Cup. Is there really any need for the Challenge Cup?

If there was decent prize money (sponsorship) and the teams all took it seriously then it WOULD be a good competition, however most clubs just treat it as a distraction and a competition to play their youths etc.

I should add that the colt teams inclusion is a nonsense, however the addition of the "foreign" teams was a bit of a novelty and a welcome change from playing the familiar outfits each week and visiting the same towns.

Ironically teams at our level are now playing the billy big time card with the challenge cup which is only mirroring how the big top tier teams treat our league cup.

It's actually pretty sad.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

If there was decent prize money (sponsorship) and the teams all took it seriously then it WOULD be a good competition, however most clubs just treat it as a distraction and a competition to play their youths etc.

I should add that the colt teams inclusion is a nonsense, however the addition of the "foreign" teams was a bit of a novelty and a welcome change from playing the familiar outfits each week and visiting the same towns.

Ironically teams at our level are now playing the billy big time card with the challenge cup which is only mirroring how the big top tier teams treat our league cup.

It's actually pretty sad.

I think there is potential for a really good cup competition for the teams outside the Premiership. However, it isn't the current format. Including Colt teams is an absolute joke. It would have been a better idea to have included Junior and non-league clubs in the tournament instead. That would at least be more interesting.

If Ayr United were given a £1 for every time you mentioned him we would be able to buy him outright. 
And we'll probably still not get him lol
Wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the strikers which fell through due to injuries considering they lost Cosgrove

54 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I think there is potential for a really good cup competition for the teams outside the Premiership. However, it isn't the current format. Including Colt teams is an absolute joke. It would have been a better idea to have included Junior and non-league clubs in the tournament instead. That would at least be more interesting.

Yes, I'd agree with that, although that brings back bad memories of the Talbot !!

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Tbh I wouldn’t have gone for this cup game but streaming is not as good as a live match. That said for a league game I would happily pay.

All the games ive watched sans fans from various countries, have bored the life out of me. I’m currently watching a random Irish game for free and tbh I feel fans should be the ones being paid to watch half of them. Honestly can’t get excited at the prospect of paying £15 to see us play at an empty Somerset

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

All the games ive watched sans fans from various countries, have bored the life out of me. I’m currently watching a random Irish game for free and tbh I feel fans should be the ones being paid to watch half of them. Honestly can’t get excited at the prospect of paying £15 to see us play at an empty Somerset

I tend to agree with most of that.....but I know that, as a regular fan at San Somerset but not a season ticket holder, I feel the need to help the club in some way when this damn virus prevents me from attending home games. I'd like to think that all non-season ticket holders feel the same way. 

1 minute ago, MTD78 said:

I’d be asking Rangers for Middleton on loan. He had a poor loan spell at Hibs, but looked promising before.

after success of Kelly on loan, maybe right move to get him on track. 

Aye I suggested him a few weeks ago. 

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

We not doing half seasons this year?

Btw, I was having issues with worldpay when I was on the ticket site yesterday. I kept getting an error about a valid email address. See below:

Screenshot_20201002-003152_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4024c0552bb018b033182b28d6212d8d.jpg

Is it working now? 🤫

With it only being 13 games they have not decided yet if half season tickets will be available, nothing ruled out yet