The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Horror show?  Long overdue more like.  People don’t seem to want to engage with the basic arguments around risk.  Pubs, gyms, cinemas all open with safety protocols in place.  There is absolutely no reason why football should be treated any differently.  Comments from Doncaster and Mulroney were reasonable and balanced and reflect the need to protect the interests of the game.

I am no fan of the govt strategy and questions do need asked. However the league knew there was a chance fans may not be back in stadium for a while if at all. Difficult decisions were made that punished some clubs to keep the leagues going. They had options to change things, protect the league and they took those tough decisions. It might work or it might not but if they have done their job right then doomsday scenarios shouldn’t be predicted before a ball is kicked  

5 minutes ago, HMIP said:

He hasn’t.  That’s the whole point.  The government has not explained why their is some special level of risk in relation to football matches versus e.g. letting people crowd into Braehead.  

He has, it is about sectors opening up based on infection rates, medium to large scale events are a sector, encompassing music, sport, comedy etc that is a lower priority than others. This has been made clear. 

Is it a higher priority than Schools reopening ?

Hospital appointments are still suspended for many procedures, is it a higher priority than that? 

Just now, Trogdor said:

Hopefully its Wuffster's camera as the quality is top notch. Much better than BBC Alba's or BBC Scotland's for that matter. 

I'm not sure I care too much for commentary but its individual preference I guess. I'll have the kids in the background so doubt I'll hear it anyway tbh. 🤣

I can't be bothered in the slightest with commentators, if they just stuck to keeping it audio descriptive it would be ok but the fact that now they all want to chat about how they perceive the game to be going and repeating irrelevant information over and over has put my right off it. 

No fake crowd noise, no comms.  Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think their opinion is wrong, Neil Doncaster said that the Albert Hall opening in England proved his point, what does that have to do with Scotland :lol:

Seriously, this is about as dumb an argument as you’ll hear.  The virus is exactly the same in Scotland as it is in England.  

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Hopefully its Wuffster's camera as the quality is top notch. Much better than BBC Alba's or BBC Scotland's for that matter. 

I'm not sure I care too much for commentary but its individual preference I guess. I'll have the kids in the background so doubt I'll hear it anyway tbh. 🤣

The version that was promoted by Mark Miller had the option of changing camera view and replays which would be better than a fixed camera at the half way line. 

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

Seriously, this is about as dumb an argument as you’ll hear.  The virus is exactly the same in Scotland as it is in England.  

Talking of dumb

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The version that was promoted by Mark Miller had the option of changing camera view and replays which would be better than a fixed camera at the half way line. 

That sounds pretty good.

Has anyone used this system yet? Or is using it? I'd be tempted to watch a friendly game (of other clubs) to see what its like.

Edited by Trogdor

6 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I am no fan of the govt strategy and questions do need asked. However the league knew there was a chance fans may not be back in stadium for a while if at all. Difficult decisions were made that punished some clubs to keep the leagues going. They had options to change things, protect the league and they took those tough decisions. It might work or it might not but if they have done their job right then doomsday scenarios shouldn’t be predicted before a ball is kicked  

This is where the point is being so badly missed.  They are saying if the government could explain to them why there is excessive risk in reopening football then so be it, we’ll just have to muddle through even if it means losing clubs.  But they haven’t.  Basic questions have been asked by the SFA and SPFL about why it is safe to reopen pubs and no answer is being given.  If the government wants people to buy into their strategy, particularly where it is causing serious economic damage, then they need to open their mouths and explain it to people.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:
That sounds pretty good.
Has anyone used this system yet? Or is using it? I'd be tempted to watch a friendly game to see what its like.

I think Partick used it on Wednesday

Was that not one static camera though? Diego was suggesting one where it switched cameras for different angles.

Maybe I'm wrong but if your going to a cinema, shopping center, theatre etc you are less likely to be hugging the stranger next to you shouting and singing at the top of your lungs. Football is more emotional than all off these things I would go with the best intentions of social distancing but if we scored a last minute winner to go top of the league I couldn't promise that, I think that is why us football fans are being treated differently wither that's right or wrong is a different matter.

He has, it is about sectors opening up based on infection rates, medium to large scale events are a sector, encompassing music, sport, comedy etc that is a lower priority than others. This has been made clear. 
Hospital appointments are still suspended for many procedures, is it a higher priority than that? 

So cinemas, shopping centres, gyms, restaurants, pubs are all more important than football? Who makes up what is in the sectors? Comedy and music predominantly indoors how can football be in the same category?
Seems to me your more interested in supporting the government than supporting Scottish football.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Was that not one static camera though? Diego was suggesting one where it switched cameras for different angles.

It was that system but it was broadcast over youtube, I'll need to check the article but this was an option on the suppliers platform. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

It was Pixellot that Partick used, one camera, static, no replays, can change the zoom but that's about it, lowQ broadcast. 

Tbf it's meant for being similar to watching a game on  your phone on Skybet rather than casting up to a 60 inch TV.

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

You going to that outdoor rave in Glasgow tonight?

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It was that system but it was broadcast over youtube, I'll need to check the article but this was an option on the suppliers platform. 

Ahhh, okay. I'd be interested to see it as it sound like watching on sky sports when you can switch cameras and obviously I presume it would switch cameras too automatically. Which sounds really cool.

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It was Pixellot that Partick used, one camera, static, no replays, can change the zoom but that's about it, lowQ broadcast. 

Tbf it's meant for being similar to watching a game on  your phone on Skybet rather than casting up to a 60 inch TV.

Yeah, I had it on my TV via the xbox. I did enjoy it but felt I was quite far away from the action. I didnt realise it had zoom. 😳

Edited by Trogdor

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The no replays was annoying, and it  was too far away from the pitch, but apart from that it was better than I'd thought it would be.