The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We aren't "fucked".   Stop being so over dramatic.  
Well considering Muirhead is having to fill the RB role atm due to Houston being injured we've got no defenders on the bench except kids. Not exactly an ideal situation is it....

IF Bell has been released, would be strange though considering he played in friendly last Saturday against Falkirk.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

I was surprised he stayed with us as long as he did. He always had the talent to play in the top tier. 

As was I, I always felt he was a match winner. I was surprised when Crawford made the step up to Premiership before Forrest to be honest.

Its a shame because of covid19 he didnt get a better send off. He must have been at about 250 games (?) for us and a decent # of goals and only 23 when he left.

29 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Why the hell would Steven Bell be released  after just signing a contract? Baring in mind that he came out on the AP and said he wanted to stay.

It may be a personal thing rather than moving to another club. Is he definitely away, if that's the Bigmac who used to post on the Honestpage he was usually spot on with his intel.

Edited by Trogdor
wordsalad

20 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

As was I, I always felt he was a match winner. I was surprised when Crawford made the step up to Premierhsip before Forrest to be honest.

Its a shame because of covid19 he didnt get a better send off. He must have been at about 250 games (?) for us and a decent # of goals and only 23 when he left.

It may be a personal thing rather than moving to another club. Is he definitely away, if that's the Bigmac who used to post on the Hoenstpage he was usually spot on with his intel.

I mean we're talking about someone leaving because some geezer on the SRE said he was away. 

8 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I mean we're talking about someone leaving because some geezer on the SRE said he was away. 

Hopefully it's all a storm in a teacup. 

I know folk think I'm harsh on Bell but I will be disappointed if he goes. He's a useful member of the squad and a good old head.

If he does go then it would also mean that only one member of the team would be older than me! 😱

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Well considering Muirhead is having to fill the RB role atm due to Houston being injured we've got no defenders on the bench except kids. Not exactly an ideal situation is it....

IF Bell has been released, would be strange though considering he played in friendly last Saturday against Falkirk.

I hope he hasnt left. If he has, I assume it's personal reasons and whatever it is, I absolutely wish him all the best.   I really hope if he leaves it's to play somewhere else part time every week rather than having to quit the game. 

But a 35 year old backup centre half leaving with the blessing of the management team a couple of weeks before the league season starts doesnt in any way mean we are 'fucked'.

Yes it's not ideal having kids as backup but thats where we are. I didn't see anything from Hewitt or Miller (I think) against Partick midweek that would give me any fear at all if we had to use them.  

I'm hoping Kerr might actually use these guys when needed rather than do a McCall and play 'experienced' players in every position before giving 'kids' like McCowan a chance 

14 hours ago, Trogdor said:

We not doing half seasons this year?

Btw, I was having issues with worldpay when I was on the ticket site yesterday. I kept getting an error about a valid email address. See below:

Screenshot_20201002-003152_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4024c0552bb018b033182b28d6212d8d.jpg

Is it working now? 🤫

Thanks for bringing to my attention last night , after many mails and phone calls I have finally managed to get someone to get it sorted , just checked at 8.43 and it’s now working 

16 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Thanks for bringing to my attention last night , after many mails and phone calls I have finally managed to get someone to get it sorted , just checked at 8.43 and it’s now working 

Cheers Robbo, I just bought mine.

I genuinely thought it was just me or I would have flagged it sooner. I hope it didn't ruin your Friday night trying to sort it.

8 hours ago, Hursty said:

I hope he hasnt left. If he has, I assume it's personal reasons and whatever it is, I absolutely wish him all the best.   I really hope if he leaves it's to play somewhere else part time every week rather than having to quit the game. 

But a 35 year old backup centre half leaving with the blessing of the management team a couple of weeks before the league season starts doesnt in any way mean we are 'fucked'.

Yes it's not ideal having kids as backup but thats where we are. I didn't see anything from Hewitt or Miller (I think) against Partick midweek that would give me any fear at all if we had to use them.  

I'm hoping Kerr might actually use these guys when needed rather than do a McCall and play 'experienced' players in every position before giving 'kids' like McCowan a chance 

Reliable, a leader, and a classy professional both on and off the park are words I'd used to describe Stevie Bell.

I hope it's just a rumour but of course, like the rest of us, he's not getting any younger, but if true can only wish him all the best as he's been a great servant to our club since he's been here.

45 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Reliable, a leader, and a classy professional both on and off the park are words I'd used to describe Stevie Bell.

I hope it's just a rumour but of course, like the rest of us, he's not getting any younger, but if true can only wish him all the best as he's been a great servant to our club since he's been here.

100% This .

I can only imagine he’s been made an offer elsewhere that maybe involves coaching . It’s the next logical step for him . I wish all the best if it’s true .

This might give the youngster who came on against Thistle and went well (was it Baird or Miller ?) a better opertunity to get some minutes . Obviously Baird and Aero are first choice with Roscoe covering the left , option maybe there for cover on the right .

Heard Josh Mullin’s name mentioned on here yesterday . Now that would be a good signing .  Anybody heard anything on that possibility?...

Quick one here if not mentioned before.
Connor Malley has gone on loan to Carlisle
Ipswich have signed season long loan from Borrusia Moenchengladbach Keanan Bennets 20 year old forward.
That could be Drinan further down the pecking order we shall see. 
Hoped we could have got Connor Malley back on loan, really need another midfielder who can cover a variety of positions imo, Jamie Barjonas still hasn't gone out on loan....

Would be sad to see Stevie Bell go as he’s been a great servant to the club however I think he’d of probably started the season as 3rd choice CB behind  Jack Baird and Aaron Muirhead. I’d however suggest we probably need another centre back now as Aaron Muirhead is cover for the RB and if they get injured for any length of time we’ll be down to just the 2 centre backs.

A lot of work for Kerr to do before the 17th. 

33 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Would be sad to see Stevie Bell go as he’s been a great servant to the club however I think he’d of probably started the season as 3rd choice CB behind  Jack Baird and Aaron Muirhead. I’d however suggest we probably need another centre back now as Aaron Muirhead is cover for the RB and if they get injured for any length of time we’ll be down to just the 2 centre backs.

A lot of work for Kerr to do before the 17th. 

We were looking for a forward and potentially a midfielder to get squad balanced  , which Kerr is well on the way to sorting , now a rumour kicking about , about losing a potentially only squad player and all of a sudden you say Kerr has a lot of work to do , my oh my you do some panicking