The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

23 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Have Accies put the PPV sign-up online yet - can't find anything. Or do they leave it until a few minutes before kick off and get deluged?! 🤨

Just throwing it out there but I'm going to guess Accies PPV has likely coped with bigger numbers than your Ayr United "deluge" this season already.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Just throwing it out there but I'm going to guess Accies PPV has likely coped with bigger numbers than your Ayr United "deluge" this season already.

Ha ha - my response was simply reacting to the wee problem Albion Rovers had on Tuesday. I'm sure the 'deluge' of QoS fans in time will be enough to fill a bucket though 😄

35 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Ha ha - my response was simply reacting to the wee problem Albion Rovers had on Tuesday. I'm sure the 'deluge' of QoS fans in time will be enough to fill a bucket though 😄

I'm aware what you were reacting to but Albion Rovers were doing something they've never done before. I'll not be considering criticising the likes of them and Morton, etc until we know we're not the same.

Hamilton on the other hand have been streaming games to much bigger supports in the Premier since August. I imagine their system is robust enough to deal with it.

Just now, HMIP said:

Reading and Harvie both playing.  Since they can’t both be playing left back, I’m assuming that means Reading can play midfield as well?

Harvie has been playing midfield for MK Dons a couple of times when I’ve checked. 

10 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

The boy Fraser Hornby Scotland under 21 would be  exactly what we need to finish our signings big strong strikerworth a shout , at Rennes in France but nowhere near the first team, whether we could afford him don’t know.

Pretty sure it's Reims and they just paid about £2m for him so can't see him rocking up at Somerset anytime soon !!!

Ha ha - my response was simply reacting to the wee problem Albion Rovers had on Tuesday. I'm sure the 'deluge' of QoS fans in time will be enough to fill a bucket though [emoji1]. 
I'm concerned that Ayr's servers won't be able to handle the deluge of QOS fans logging on to see Willie Gibson's debut when we play them next week.

I imagine it will be the usual AU Media guys that will do our commentary so this is the one game where it was added over the highlights.

Hopefully they can handle the switch from radio to TV commentary otherwise I could see me putting it on mute.

Did anyone watch the Scotland u21s tonight? How did reading do? He looked decent in the pre season highlights that I’ve seen

Reading played the whole match. He was out of his normal position playing in front of Harvey on the left of mid field. He got stuck in with several blocks and tackles but did little going forward. Gemmell said they had a game plan and the player executed it well so I guess he was there more for his defensive ability. Seems to have a good engine and certainly covered some ground.

I watched and the boy had a job to do unspectacular but done his job, best player on view was Hornby and as I thought was advised by wattoo he’s way out our range pity he’s not even getting-on the bench at the French club he’s definitely worth a punt if you’ve got some spare money, I’d promote him to the big squad but they won’t because he’s not playing first team football.