The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/fans-can-play-part-big-22807635.amp?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR0pkT5BNtNzEGZEGZARMCKb56VJNlvyfNnrDTQl6-9TBX6PthYQrT9s_pg
Tbh i don't really understand how we've only sold 500 season tickets whereas the likes of Raith Rovers have sold double that, perplexing to me.....
Do we not usually sell a lot of season tickets just before the start of the season anyway

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
19 minutes ago, rb123! said:
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/fans-can-play-part-big-22807635.amp?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR0pkT5BNtNzEGZEGZARMCKb56VJNlvyfNnrDTQl6-9TBX6PthYQrT9s_pg
Tbh i don't really understand how we've only sold 500 season tickets whereas the likes of Raith Rovers have sold double that, perplexing to me.....

Do we not usually sell a lot of season tickets just before the start of the season anyway

Robbo will be able to advise but think your right that we're a late burner normally for ticket sale. I'm between buying one or just paying weekly as money is quite tight just now, think alot of people will be in a similar position. Will probably end up just firing one onto the credit card just before kick off to be fair.

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

Robbo will be able to advise but think your right that we're a late burner normally for ticket sale. I'm between buying one or just paying weekly as money is quite tight just now, think alot of people will be in a similar position. Will probably end up just firing one onto the credit card just before kick off to be fair.

Yes , this 2 weeks leading up to first game is normally our busiest time , Raith Rovers sold a very large proportion of tickets in the couple of weeks just after they won  promotion ( like we did when we got promoted ) 

I was very disappointed last night. Got beers in, set up TV and prepared to watch the super Ayr. For it to be totally ruined by shambolic service provided by albion which didn't allow me to watch the match... Despite paying 10 quid. 

Don't buy teething problem rubbish as any half wit out there seems to manage to stream live on Facebook and TikTok without any issues... These days lol 

Hope other clubs manage better.. 

Big shout out to AU media who do great job making highlights so quick. 

But all in all a shambles. 

Other clubs must do better. 

I personally want a refund however on that note would that not deprive Ayr of the money... Would happily give it to club to make up for it... 

2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Its a shame you can't pay it in instalments. I think that gives a happy medium where the club get the early cashflow and you can spread the costs. I know there was a credit union partnership where you could do it but would be better for the club to do it direct in my view. I think for quite a lot of people the reality of paying out £230 on demand in October is an ask. Especially with covid-19 and even with the proximity to Xmas etc. Could we not even use PayPal? Not sure of the fees but they give you interest free for 4 months via PayPal Credit. 

Edited by Trogdor

9 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

I personally want a refund however on that note would that not deprive Ayr of the money... Would happily give it to club to make up for it... 

You would be depriving Ayr of £4.25. I've already requested a refund, I'll chuck the £10 in the AU500 fund that way the club get 100%.

It was shambolic. I wouldnt worry about Albion Rovers if they paid £18k for that system it clearly isn't working. I'd imagine Pixellot will be covering Albion Rovers loss as its not fit for purpose.

Edited by Trogdor

41 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

I was very disappointed last night. Got beers in, set up TV and prepared to watch the super Ayr. For it to be totally ruined by shambolic service provided by albion which didn't allow me to watch the match... Despite paying 10 quid. 

Don't buy teething problem rubbish as any half wit out there seems to manage to stream live on Facebook and TikTok without any issues... These days lol 

Hope other clubs manage better.. 

Big shout out to AU media who do great job making highlights so quick. 

But all in all a shambles. 

Other clubs must do better. 

Teething problems are understandable, and inevitable to an extent.  You have a ton of  people logging on all at the same time, and I don't think whoever is responsible have the same kind of resources or infrastructure as Facebook.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Teething problems are understandable, and inevitable to an extent.  You have a ton of  people logging on all at the same time, and I don't think whoever is responsible have the same kind of resources or infrastructure as Facebook.

Yeah I don't think we'll see Albion Rovers listed as a fortune 500 company any time soon. There are going to be teething issues for all clubs with this, people just need a bit of patience. I appreciate it is gutting to spend £10 and have nothing to show for it other than a white screen with a server error message. Morton also had serious issues with their stream last night, it ended up being shifted to Youtube and aired FOC. 

Hopefully by the time it comes to our first home game we will be ready to go and lessons learned from other clubs will strengthen the product, certainly the use of a camera man is a huge leap forwards on the AI camera for a starter. I'm looking forwards to seeing what Hamilton have to offer given the are a Premiership team. 

Its a shame you can't pay it in instalments. I think that gives a happy medium where the club get the early cashflow and you can spread the costs. I know there was a credit union partnership where you could do it but would be better for the club to do it direct in my view. I think for quite a lot of people the reality of paying out £230 on demand in October is an ask. Especially with covid-19 and even with the proximity to Xmas etc. Could we not even use PayPal? Not sure of the fees but they give you interest free for 4 months via PayPal Credit. 
This. It's a big ask considering we aren't seeing these games in the flesh, and I'm sure many of us are having to make financial adjustments.

I use PayPal for almost everything, so easy when shopping online as all your details are saved. I've used PayPal Credit before, and thought it was a good service. You've also got services like Klarna now that make it more affordable for larger purchases, where you can pay for things 30 days later, or pay in three installments, both at 0% interest.

I think our online store is really dated and difficult to navigate at points, especially the checkout. I feel it should be a much smoother process. For example, there should be an option to use your lottery discount code, and pay using PayPal, Klarna etc (obviously these would have a fee for the club but could entice more sales). I think it would give the club a much more modern, and customer friendly appearance.

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

If its Pixellot, I'll no be bothering. 

Its not, Premiership clubs are using a different company, which has manually operated cameras.

I'm not entirely sure why everyone got frothy about Pixellot tbh, it was pretty clear it was going to be pretty awful, and I'm sure it's also more expensive to run.

I think the problems with the streaming service last night were with the authentication and authorisation components rather than the streaming itself. I tried to log in at around 7pm and did have some issues then but by about 7.05 I had managed to join. From that point the streaming itself was fine with a good frame rate (although not amazing resolution) and I didn't experience any freezes or degradation. I cast it to my TV using a chromecast which worked very well.

I run a major online investments platform and it is really difficult to find people with the right skills to be able to build and run this kind of service which needs to be able to scale to deal with significant peaks of demand. But given the issues did not appear to be with the streaming video - which is by far the harder problem to solve and one where you need to leverage  existing services to have any chance of doing a good job - I expect they will be able to fix it for the next matches. I would be interested to see what level of demand they saw last night and how that compared with their forecasts - I would cut them some slack given the budget they are likely working within. With our friendly against Partick I noticed there were nearly 2000 live viewers at one point which really surprised me. How many viewers is AUMedia expecting us to have for our matches?

By far the more annoying aspect was the fact that the ball tracking was not great and it really struggled to keep up with the action. I also felt really sorry for the commentators who didn't have replays to fill in time!

For pricing, I think that a tenner is a reasonable price for a PPV at our level but I assume some clubs have done market research to set the level to maximise revenue. I think the club should consider giving season ticket holders a discount on *next* year's ticket for each match that is streamed this season, at a value that makes the price slightly less than the PPV (e.g. cost equivalent of £9 if they set the price at £10 for PPV). Announcing that now could really boost cashflow.

I thought we did very well and could have scored more, albeit against poor opposition. Really encouraging and I'm really looking forward to Saturday.