The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:
It's ok, apparently he just does what Michael Moffat does anyway. emoji849.png

Uh huh, except that's not what I've said and you've yet to respond to my last question with regards to this discussion.

You said, and I quote, "Similar player to Moffat but Moffat is currently better"

I see no point in further engagement on the subject. We're quite obviously watching different players. Michael Moffat (a year ago at least, he's looking pretty much done now) is the closest thing to Stephen Dobbie there was in the division. That you are trying to compare his contribution to that of a young mobile targetman aerial threat on the spurious basis that in entirely different ways they bring other players into the game is quite the biggest load of nonsense I've read in a while. You might just as well say they are "similar" because they are both footballers and sometimes kick the ball with their left foot but mostly use their right! The two players are not remotely similar in their playing styles. It's like saying Stephen Dobbie is similar to Connor Shields because they both play forward roles.

It's boring the Ayr fans and it's clearly a pointless discussion.

You said, and I quote, "Similar player to Moffat but Moffat is currently better"
I see no point in further engagement on the subject. We're quite obviously watching different players. Michael Moffat (a year ago at least, he's looking pretty much done now) is the closest thing to Stephen Dobbie there was in the division. That you are trying to compare his contribution to that of a young mobile targetman aerial threat on the spurious basis that in entirely different ways they bring other players into the game is quite the biggest load of nonsense I've read in a while. You might just as well say they are "similar" because they are both footballers and sometimes kick the ball with their left foot but mostly use their right! The two players are not remotely similar in their playing styles. It's like saying Stephen Dobbie is similar to Connor Shields because they both play forward roles.
It's boring the Ayr fans and it's clearly a pointless discussion.

I've listed attributes both players possess in their style of play (which you've since agreed on even after saying to compare them in the first place is "utterly bizarre". Bit of a contradiction) and you think those attributes are the same as every other striker in football? Again, you're telling me a striker like Weir or Kean have more in common to Moffat than Hamilton?

If you want to end the discussion reply to my post and say so rather than leaving a snide remark.

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've listed attributes both players possess in their style of play (which you've since agreed on even after saying to compare them in the first place is "utterly bizarre". Bit of a contradiction) and you think those attributes are the same as every other striker in football? Again, you're telling me a striker like Weir or Kean have more in common to Moffat than Hamilton?

If you want to end the discussion reply to my post and say so rather than leaving a snide remark.

I can end the discussion any time I want for goodness sake. It's not a tennis match. We don't have to shake hands and walk off court.

I do not believe Michael Moffat and Jack Hamilton are remotely comparable in what they do. I don't think either Weir or Kean have any relevance here, I've no idea why you keep bringing them up.

As you clearly wish to continue insisting there are similarities then it's a pointless discussion. Ok if we end it at that? 😉

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

Rumours certain sports are being canned tomorrow for three weeks. Wonder if this will affect our level 

Very strong argument for non tested leagues to either test or take a break , I think government will ask the football authorities to seriously consider a break very soon 

12 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Rumours certain sports are being canned tomorrow for three weeks. Wonder if this will affect our level 

Will it be for three weeks though? I suspect once it stops that will be it for months. 

I’ve said it before on here and other forms of social media and I know I moan like f**k about Ayr United but the football being back is one of the only things getting me through this shitshow. It’s been an escape from “COVID” life. 

26 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Those rumours are in England I believe.  

If it stops i wouldn't be surprised, case certainly isn't helped by Celtic deciding to jet off halfway around the world for a jolly in the midst of a national lockdown for a "mid season training camp" which seemed to mostly involve a knees up by the pool and in the bar lounge and surprise surprise at least one personnel has brought the covid back with them. 

If it comes down to an ultimation of test or break it'll be the break cause nobody apart from Hearts in this league is going to be able to fork out the £5k a week on testing or whatever it is, wouldn't be surprised if Hearts test anyway tbh. Also the SFA/SPFL or Gov ain't going to provide the money to cover the tests.

Do think it's getting to a stage where the football and all sports for that matter should stop for a time because it doesn't exaclty sit well and paint a good picture when you see on the TV today that Marine FC huddled in a 6x6 changing room when social distancing is supposed to be the norm. Also in scottish games the player celebrations are hardly muted either they're full blown huddles, remember first few weeks it was all just fist bumps at goals but that seem to get quickly forgotten about. After games too players and coaching staff mostly all shaking hands which i'm pretty sure should be fist pumps instead.

Apologies for sounding like a "Karen" of Facebook or something but these type of things are what Scottish Government will pick up on as examples if they feel as if scottish football has to stop.

23 minutes ago, rb123! said:

If it stops i wouldn't be surprised, case certainly isn't helped by Celtic deciding to jet off halfway around the world for a jolly in the midst of a national lockdown for a "mid season training camp" which seemed to mostly involve a knees up by the pool and in the bar lounge and surprise surprise at least one personnel has brought the covid back with them. 

If it comes down to an ultimation of test or break it'll be the break cause nobody apart from Hearts in this league is going to be able to fork out the £5k a week on testing or whatever it is, wouldn't be surprised if Hearts test anyway tbh. Also the SFA/SPFL or Gov ain't going to provide the money to cover the tests.

Do think it's getting to a stage where the football and all sports for that matter should stop for a time because it doesn't exaclty sit well and paint a good picture when you see on the TV today that Marine FC huddled in a 6x6 changing room when social distancing is supposed to be the norm. Also in scottish games the player celebrations are hardly muted either they're full blown huddles, remember first few weeks it was all just fist bumps at goals but that seem to get quickly forgotten about. After games too players and coaching staff mostly all shaking hands which i'm pretty sure should be fist pumps instead.

Apologies for sounding like a "Karen" of Facebook or something but these type of things are what Scottish Government will pick up on as examples if they feel as if scottish football has to stop.

Ayr were getting singled out on Off the ball yesterday because we were making the longest trip in a pandemic but it was starting to sound like Ayr were defiantly flaunting the rules by going to Elgin the way they were going on.  

They said it was within guidelines but it may be up to the football authorities to use common sense, which is never going to happen. with the games getting called off due to the weather, it may be a  good time to suspend games till the start of Feb. 

25 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ayr were getting singled out on Off the ball yesterday because we were making the longest trip in a pandemic but it was starting to sound like Ayr were defiantly flaunting the rules by going to Elgin the way they were going on.  

They said it was within guidelines but it may be up to the football authorities to use common sense, which is never going to happen. with the games getting called off due to the weather, it may be a  good time to suspend games till the start of Feb. 

For this season they should have made the scottish cup regional just like the league cup IMO so you didn't end up with any teams travelling halfway round Scotland. Problem with any stoppage of even a few weeks is when are the games played? Would result in a congested end to the season of probably a straight month of Tuesday/Saturday games which would take it's toll.

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

Given the Govt has just given every Championship club £0.5m, the argument that they "cant afford" to test at about £3k a week for half a season isnt going to hold much water!

Edited by Skyline Drifter

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Given the Govt has just given every Championship club £0.5m, the argument that they "cant afford" to test at about £3k a week for half a season isnt going to hold much water!

Have clubs received all of this £500,000 yet or will it is it getting paid in instalments?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55616399?fbclid=IwAR2Bml0RVOg92ZhthcoQUhX1bTwbuUQnQjgNfM_YEonLyPZs5VjT17IEVp0

Scottish football suspended below championship level, scottish championship will continue but with clubs now carrying out weekly PCR covid tests.

Many questions to be answered here:

1. Who's paying, we having to use the money from the government which was supposed to be to cover losses of income due to no fans, effectively mean having to hand money back to government for testing.

2. Is our game to Elgin in the scottish cup off tomorrow night, apparantly it is, how does that effect next round of cup?

3. Does that mean we can play the league game at home to Alloa tomorrow night which we were supposed to be doing in the first place, as far as i know there was no official confirmation from our end that the Alloa game tomorrow night had been cancelled, maybe they knew this was coming. 

4. Initial tests could come back with a lot of asymptomatic positives which could leave us and many championship clubs fecked.

Edited by rb123!