The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I took it the opposite way - I get the impression he knows his time is up and is regretting not playing himself more.  Which he should have

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I thought it sounded like he recognised he was a goner? When people say their one regret is, its usually after the fact where they can't change whatever it was.

Maybe reading too much into it.

Aye when i read it back it does look more like he's a gonner, maybe hand in his resignation to make it look better, as @D'Jaffo said though he's just got a new coach on the sidelines.

Does that quote not strike anyone else as completely batshit?
For him to suggest that if he was on the park we'd somehow be much higher up the table is delusional. He'd be passing it on the deck out wide, for nothing to come from it. Batshit indeed!

1 minute ago, Rodders1910 said:
7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:
Certainly not ITK , just my feelings on watching that today , a number of players have let us down recently and something needs to change 

Don't think it's even fair anymore to be saying that it's the players that's letting us down. Players like Walsh, Smith, Murdoch (and more) are are all a high standard of championship players but have all regressed under Kerr's management. That coupled with the Anderson and Cameron situation just shows that Kerr can't get the best out of players and doesn't know how to play to their strengths. This isn't their fault, this is the doings of a tactically inept and clueless management team.

How can you not blame players where they show no fight or heart , no matter what the manager does any player who does not give 100% is a disgrace to their professional teammates , this is not supporting Kerr but stating obvious failings by some of the players 

And what?

Peoples opinions can change you know. Some chose to give him a bit of time and it’s not worked. As I said before there are no special prizes for being one of the ones that wanted him sacked months ago.
I don't think anyones looking for a prize. I don't know why the post has bothered you so much, you seem to be taking a light hearted dig at those who were burying their heads in the sand a bit too personally.

How can you not blame players where they show no fight or heart , no matter what the manager does any player who does not give 100% is a disgrace to their professional teammates , this is not supporting Kerr but stating obvious failings by some of the players 
It's up to the manager to inspire, and spur his players on. Part time teams with far less ability have class managers and are doing better than us. Hello Dick Campbell.

We simply have to have learned from Robert's last few weeks in charge. We cannot afford to be too sentimental about this, I'd love for Kerr to have sorted it but it's not worked. I harbour him no ill-will at all and it is genuinely sad for me to say but has to go.

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Aye when i read it back it does look more like he's a gonner, maybe hand in his resignation to make it look better, as @D'Jaffo said though he's just got a new coach on the sidelines.

From what I was told yesterday about the new coach coming in, I have a feeling it was maybe done for him if that makes sense  

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Our last 10 league games: 1 win; 3 draws & 6 losses.

Can someone down in Ayr get the bed sheet out? It's time.

The 1 win was against bottom of the league Alloa, pretty our last 2 wins have been against Alloa the way the fixtures worked out

Isn't it the managers job to make players want to fight and win a game? I'm not saying that players are exempt from any blame here, but look at how many of these players are underperforming here and it's clear that it's not just down to every individual not wanting to fight or show heart

Just now, Rodders1910 said:
7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Isn't it the managers job to make players want to fight and win a game? I'm not saying that players are exempt from any blame here, but look at how many of these players are underperforming here and it's clear that it's not just down to every individual not wanting to fight or show heart

Players have to do more.  Numerous occasions today the likes of Smith, McCowan and Walsh couldn't trap a ball.  Were getting the ball and instead of trying to take a man on were turning back and passing it to a man under pressure or straight to an opponent.   That's on them.    

That said - its time to go.  Has to be - not changing formation today was incredible, especially with Wright still out. 

It’s wrong to lay the blame solely at Kerr or the players. It’s almost 50/50 I’d say. The players that have been signed have let Kerr down. However Kerr has signed those players and decided to fit them into a system that doesn’t work.

It’s a total mix up of players not being good enough and shite management and tactics.

It’s wrong to lay the blame solely at Kerr or the players. It’s almost 50/50 I’d say. The players that have been signed have let Kerr down. However Kerr has signed those players and decided to fit them into a system that doesn’t work.

It’s a total mix up of players not being good enough and shite management and tactics.
We can't just sack the players. But we can the management. And unfortunately, that's what it's came to. When you look ahead, you just cannot see a win coming our way the way things currently are.

The players have let Kerr, the coaches and the fans down the season, constantly dropping arse after a goal goes in against them.

In saying that, no matter how badly we think the players are, this team should not be second bottom of this division. The championship is a competitive league, but it's a shit league and if we would actually play with a more positive intensity we would win games. On paper we've got the fire power to do so.

Edited by THEHonestman1910

The players have definitely let the manager down. No doubt. However, Kerr signed them so it rests with him ultimately. He's also stuck rigidly to a 4231 for too long. 

We've also had a share of bad luck (Wright being injured; Moore injured; Bell leaving).

There are also shades of 2016/17 where we had no striker for long spells of the season. We all know how that ended.

We need change.

Edited by Trogdor

Muirhead looked like he had a bit of fire in his belly towards the end, and I thought McKenzie tried hard when game on but it's hard to argue with Robbo's assement either.

It is the managers job, however, to put the fear of god into them if they have a poor attitude or dont follow his plans.

There's a saying about hard work beating talent when talent doesnt work hard. That may be true for Ayr but its Kerr's job to sort that out.