The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Yup thats the one I was talking about last night.   Hadn't heard of him but certainly fits the experienced coach criteria.  

Maybe a recommendation from a certain ex manager who he played with at Falkirk and was managed by at Clydebank.

Right - I'm staying off this for the rest of the night but that's me done - not even the slightest bit of fight.  Its embarrassing to watch.  Still think we might manage 9th but will be considerably short of 8th and can only hope the playoffs are scrapped. 

You're Davie Smith... You've just taken over a football club, and publicly said, "If Ayr aren't playing Premiership football within the next 4/5 years I'd be disappointed". And look where we are. It's a disaster. I'm sorry, but time is up for Kerr. Cheers for your class playing time with us, but a new manager in to fire a rocket up these player's arses now please.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Is it time for a "Mark Kerr GTF Appreciation Thread"?

Just don’t care anymore.  We’ve been awful all season.  People who understand football could see it.  Others chose to clap their hands  and indulge fantasy.  Get him to f**k.  Don’t get him to f**k.  We’re going to League 1 whatever we do.

I’m at the stage now where I want him to go before it gets to how bad it was with Roberts and we forget everything else he’s done for the club. Class player for us, title winner but he’s in danger of ruining that if he took us down.

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I'm not making it i'll get called "negative" lol 

Someone else can do the honours

It's pretty untenable to suggest anything else at this point. There have been no green shoots. We've been awful and the form table doesn't lie.

There can be no way of defending Kerr now, I’m sorry to say.   There is no clear plan, there is no improvement in performances and we don’t look like scoring yet alone winning.  I’m not one for hysterics, and I don’t really think that this an over the top reaction based on the recent performances.  Some may defending him by talking about having games in hand, or saying that a couple of results puts Ayr back into mid-table but if only saying it would make it so.  The fact is, bar a brief glimpse in the Dunfermline and Alloa games in January, our performances have been absolutely woeful.  

I liked Kerr as a player, but it doesn’t look like he has the plan or ability to turn this around.  It’s not nice to say that you want to see someone sacked but my  feeling is that he really isn’t capable of sorting this mess out and we are in real danger of going down without a whimper.  Relegation now would undo all of the massive strides being made off the park.  

Edited by super_carson

People who understand football could see it.  Others chose to clap their hands  and indulge fantasy.  

Get that kind of talk in the bin.

You’re saying that if people don’t agree with you then they don’t know what they’re talking about. A lot of people have backed him in the hope things turned round. After today it’s become apparent imo that he won’t change things. It’s not a race to be the first one to start asking for people to get sacked.