The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The writing was on the wall for EHR when we signed an 18 year old keeper instead of going with him for the season. Kerr clearly doesn’t think he’s good enough to be number 1 here and that’s fair enough . 

Was he good enough to be number 1 ? I am not so sure many fans would have been touting him to be first choice  

Edited by Robbo63

Was he good enough to be number 1 ? I am not so sure many fans would have been touting him to be first choice  

Think that’s what FW is saying. We’ve barely seen him so we can only go with what Kerr and also to an extent McCall saw in training.

Folk on Facebook have been moaning recently that he’s not been given a chance but they’re the same ones that would’ve been moaning had we gone into this season with him as our number 1. It’s not fair on Sinisalo to just drop him either as he’s done nothing to warrant being dropped. The Elgin game might’ve been a decent opportunity for Ellis but obviously it didn’t go ahead.

On 25/02/2021 at 21:14, Robbo63 said:

The guy training last week was certainly not Chris Mochrie as he was a black player , nothing  to say we are signing the guy who was training with us though 

In the stand today so still here. 

41 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

27 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Think that’s what FW is saying. We’ve barely seen him so we can only go with what Kerr and also to an extent McCall saw in training.

Folk on Facebook have been moaning recently that he’s not been given a chance but they’re the same ones that would’ve been moaning had we gone into this season with him as our number 1. It’s not fair on Sinisalo to just drop him either as he’s done nothing to warrant being dropped. The Elgin game might’ve been a decent opportunity for Ellis but obviously it didn’t go ahead.

Aye, that’s exactly what I’m saying. Hare-Reid is 21/22 and we decided to sign an 18 year old to be number 1 rather than give him a go so Kerr clearly not a fan of his. Also speaks volumes that we’ve chosen to sign an emergency keeper rather than play EHR. He’s clearly finished at the club and that’s completely fair enough. 

Surely Doohan would’ve been the obvious choice? I mean he must be available. 

Would’ve been an ideal choice but it’s maybe the case Sinisalo is only out for a week or two and Celtic aren’t willing to give us Doohan for a couple weeks when they could still loan him out to another Scottish team for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye, that’s exactly what I’m saying. Hare-Reid is 21/22 and we decided to sign an 18 year old to be number 1 rather than give him a go so Kerr clearly not a fan of his. Also speaks volumes that we’ve chosen to sign an emergency keeper rather than play EHR. He’s clearly finished at the club and that’s completely fair enough. 

I agreed with you earlier , just seeing what others views were 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The writing was on the wall for EHR when we signed an 18 year old keeper instead of going with him for the season. Kerr clearly doesn’t think he’s good enough to be number 1 here and that’s fair enough . 

Would have said the writing was on the wall when he wasn’t trusted to do better than Jordan Hart. I get he was still young at the time but Hart was literally throwing the ball into the net on a weekly basis 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Urminsky

Houston
Baird
Ndaba
Reading

Muirhead
Chalmers

McCowan
Smith
Walsh

Zanatta

That’d be my guess for today.

I was thinking ndaba in the midfield.  Dropping Miller makes no sense as does recalling Reading who has been a complete liability, particularly against big physical teams.  Zanatta through the middle?  Not sure what to say really.

8 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Would have said the writing was on the wall when he wasn’t trusted to do better than Jordan Hart. I get he was still young at the time but Hart was literally throwing the ball into the net on a weekly basis 

I'm not sure that's entirely fair. Ruddy was far worse.