The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, rb123! said:

Didn't want to say anything on this however i believe Smith since taking over the club has already spoken to a certain Ian McCall on at least one occasion.

Unsure if it was to do with the new coach or what.

Probably McCall pleading for his job back.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Has he?

McCall said on the radio after Smith took over he’d never even met the guy.

I believe he recommended the coach McLaughlin as McCall knows him from the past, it was probably only to do about that and nothing else.

Don't think McCall would come back, always dodgy coming back a second time if it doesn't start off well.

Him leaving might have been a different story if Smith had already been on the board before he left

Edited by rb123!

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Has he?

McCall said on the radio after Smith took over he’d never even met the guy.

Yeah, McCall definitely said that. It was the night where Lachlan was on as well.

I remember it well he said something along the lines that I've never met him but I can assure supporters that if Lachlan thinks he's the right man he will be. 

As fans we may also find out a bit more about what Smith is all about in dealing with this. He has made a good start improving the facilities which is the area he is familiar with. Fairly new to football so might not have built up the contacts yet to have the inside chat on managers. A lot of successful busjness people also enter the game and don’t enjoy the same success as where they made their money 

Ayr United sacking Kerr only to go grovelling to McCall.
99A401F0-D635-4613-B4D7-F3EE1B6B0D72.jpeg.26116088450fd09b342e437ba32a7df9.jpeg

Aye if anything he should be grovelling to us. Make him interview for it and write a public apology in the Ayrshire Post saying he was wrong to leave and then he can have the job.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

That quote though, what a way to sign off at a club.

Pretty sure Roberts said something similar near the end when the writing was on the wall.

A pretty impressive way to also say "f**k you" to all the players he has worked with for the last however long...

Edited by rb123!

Who needs the normal society setting of a pub on a Saturday night eh when you've got a lockdown P&B meltdown special.

This is pretty intriguing stuff if you ask me, better than the usual politics or "normal life" shite you'd be talking about down the pub

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Are we actually honestly expecting McCall to leave his beloved partick to come back? 

I’m in two minds, I miss the football we played under him but I also feel he took us as far as he could. That being said if he came in as director of football level that would only be good for the club

2 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Yeah, I would like some confirmation around about now otherwise I'll be spending my Saturday night refreshing Twitter 

Aye guaranteed minute i go away to something it's all going to kick off and i'll come back 5 minutes later to a 5 page meltdown to work my way through