The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

This is true to an extent. Although the lack of quality in the first half of our cutting edge you can't say that Ayr put 100% effort after going 1-0 down.

Agree.  Arbroath had plenty absolutely woeful punts to nowhere, bad passes, poor crosses etc but absolutely won the fight.  Might have been different if we had scored one of our many chances first half but for a team to look so utterly beaten as we have been when going a single goal down at home three games in a row is nothing short of a disgrace.  

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Agree.  Arbroath had plenty absolutely woeful punts to nowhere, bad passes, poor crosses etc but absolutely won the fight.  Might have been different if we had scored one of our many chances first half but for a team to look so utterly beaten as we have been when going a single goal down at home three games in a row is nothing short of a disgrace.  

The thing that's struck me is that there's no interaction between our players, no shouting, no encouragement, nothing.

it's almost as if it's 11 strangers all playing as individuals with little to no team spirit which is the exact opposite from the past couple of seasons.

4 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

This is true to an extent. Although the lack of quality in the first half of our cutting edge you can't say that Ayr put 100% effort after going 1-0 down.

I think they do work very hard on the pitch, it's why we don't really ever take a doing despite being utter garbage, I don't question their effort or fight at all. 

I criticised Baird for some of his defending and his use of the ball but actually I think his use of the ball is a circumstance created by the likes of Chalmers, Joe seems to see no need to take the ball off defenders (and when he does he gives it straight back) because he'd only kick it long himself.  

The state the pitch is in was being blamed for not playing on the deck and has been all season, but the state the pitch is in is making the bounce of the ball when landing unpredictable meaning our hoofball is ineffective if we aren't playing head tennis.  

9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The thing that's struck me is that there's no interaction between our players, no shouting, no encouragement, nothing.

it's almost as if it's 11 strangers all playing as individuals with little to no team spirit which is the exact opposite from the past couple of seasons.

They actually are all talking to eachother, but it's just about positioning and passing messages from the bench to the far side.  There is no encouragement though. Just a bunch of miserable guys pointing at an area and saying someone's name. 

If anyone needs some stats:.

we have taken 1 point all season from being in a losing position, the 1-1 draw with Morton at home.

We have dropped 11 points from winning positions that I can see:  2 at Inverness, 3 at Morton, 3 at Hearts, 3 at QoS. 

So, when we go a goal behind we are fucked as there is no guts / desire  to go on and get a result.  

You can't win one game in ten, with your last game being a home defeat against a part-time side managed by an 85-year-old, and expect more time. As for Kerr's position that the problem was that he's not playing himself, he has perhaps mixed himself up with a ten-years-younger Michael Moffat, as the lack of dig in midfield is secondary to being unable to score in a barrel of fannies.

Only desperate teams should ever give current players their first taste of management. For the first time in about two decades Ayr weren't desperate when McCall left and Cameron went for the cheap option anyway. A great parting gift.

McCall certainly won't be coming back though. For a start, if he fails to stop the rot then Ayr could still end up bottom, which means relegation regardless of whether League One is stopped (based on last year's precedent) and another pointlessly burned bridge.

8 hours ago, Thumper said:

You can't win one game in ten, with your last game being a home defeat against a part-time side managed by an 85-year-old, and expect more time. As for Kerr's position that the problem was that he's not playing himself, he has perhaps mixed himself up with a ten-years-younger Michael Moffat, as the lack of dig in midfield is secondary to being unable to score in a barrel of fannies.

Only desperate teams should ever give current players their first taste of management. For the first time in about two decades Ayr weren't desperate when McCall left and Cameron went for the cheap option anyway. A great parting gift.

McCall certainly won't be coming back though. For a start, if he fails to stop the rot then Ayr could still end up bottom, which means relegation regardless of whether League One is stopped (based on last year's precedent) and another pointlessly burned bridge.

TBF his actually point is true. What is bizarre about it is it's been clear all season the tempo is too slow and we have a midfielders who don't really want the ball yet Kerr has constantly praised Chalmers and Murdoch.

Against Stranraer, Kerr only played 8 minutes yet the difference in tempo was noticeable right away compared with Chalmers who seems to want the opposition to play at his speed which appears to be walking pace.

The other issue with CM (particularly with Chalmers since he's meant to be the playmaker) is an unwillingness to be available to the defence to receive the ball. This causes Baird and Muirhead to continually play long balls to nobody in particular and we have to scrap for second balls. Our only real hope this season has been McCowan, Smith, Moffat or Walsh could create something out of nothing.

When we have to chase a game we seem to loss complete control of the game and of the ball by playing desperate hoofball which surprisingly doesn't work since we aren't actually a tall team.

So I would say Kerr is correct that in past games he should have played himself over Chalmers but going forward McGavin should be given that chance and should have played yesterday alongside Ndaba as it might have helped both settle in to the roles.

After letting that sink in last night, and when you consider the ambitious targets Smith has publicly set out, he simply has to let Kerr go. Another uninspiring defeat next weekend simply cannot happen. The players clearly aren't up for it at the moment, they need someone to fire a rocket up their arses. Come on Smith, time to make that first really difficult decision.

I don’t think that anything will happen today. I think Kerr himself knows he needs to go, that’s just based on his interviews he had given.

I also found it strange that no one from the club has mentioned the new coach. 
His demeanour and comments yesterday should be sounding alarm bells amongst the club if the performance hasn't.