The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

49 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Glad to see you're back at this. I missed AVFT last night so you're on the catch up list.

Those pictures, is third one a hawk on a stick suspended from the stand? New seagull counter measures?

I think it's a pigeon, which seems to have welcomed other pigeons (a couple were having a fight in the netting under the roof). 

59 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think it's a pigeon, which seems to have welcomed other pigeons (a couple were having a fight in the netting under the roof). 

It's the mating season, I don't think they were fighting. (or did your predictive text change that for you?) 

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Another very good listen. Was actually laughing out loud at that “Do it” story. 

Yous mentioned during the podcast about us requiring a bit of a rebuild in the summer however I’m not overly convinced that’ll happen. We have Houston, Reading, Baird, Muirhead, Murdoch, Chalmers, Miller all signed up who have been regulars starters. I’d hope/expect the likes of Moffat, Moore, Walsh and McCowan to stay. Only players I can see leaving is the loanees (Sinisalo, Ndaba and Barjonas), Roscoe, Zanatta, Cammy Smith (although I hope he stays) and Andre Wright. Thats certainly giving us a good base to build on. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It's the mating season, I don't think they were fighting. (or did your predictive text change that for you?) 

Just to be clear the 'do it' chat wasn't about doo's

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yous mentioned during the podcast about us requiring a bit of a rebuild in the summer however I’m not overly convinced that’ll happen. We have Houston, Reading, Baird, Muirhead, Murdoch, Chalmers, Miller all signed up who have been regulars starters. I’d hope/expect the likes of Moffat, Moore, Walsh and McCowan to stay. Only players I can see leaving is the loanees (Sinisalo, Ndaba and Barjonas), Roscoe, Zanatta, Cammy Smith (although I hope he stays) and Andre Wright. Thats certainly giving us a good base to build on. 

I think McCowan has a number of offers on the table already .

52 minutes ago, Iain said:

Might not get any more points 

30 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

No more wins in any of our remaining fixtures and down to the seasides with a whimper

It's bad but it's no that bad guys. We're picking up points.

FWIW - I think we'll scrape our way to 7th/8th.

So, that's March done - 7 games since Kerr left, 6 away and 1 home.   Today was pretty poor but I suppose 3 wins, 3 draws and a defeat from that much is a hell of a lot more than I was expecting 4 weeks ago today at around 6pm after losing that Arbroath game.  We are still in a big fight to stay up but a 4 point gap and a superior goal difference with only 5 games left is certainly a position we should be staying safe from, especially with one game against the team currently in the playoff place - Arbroath have had the beating of us but we do at least now seem to be able to shitfest a draw...  Just wish we could have got a win today.   Arbroath play Alloa on Saturday while we are in cup action, a wee draw there would be superb.  

Edited by Hursty