The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 hours ago, rb123! said:

Cammy Smith would love to stay but looks destined for America, looking back was probably only signed on the short term basis until covid cleared up and then this summer we'd allow him on his way to go to America.

I am the fortune teller

A blow for sure losing Smith, he had a quality and energy that was above what we had.

saying that, he did play in games were we didn’t register a shot at goal and could go missing for periods in games. 

disappointed to lose him and I doubt we will see any true quality coming in to replace him at this point. Moffat, McKenzie McCowan, Walsh and Chalmers could all play in and around where he does and with potentially Wright coming back it might see a change of formation. 

bad but not terrible news

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Someone on Twitter suggesting It’s Josh Todd 

Might be me? My usual twitter search of Ayr's followers found his partner followed us last week at the same time as Falkirk fans on here were saying he had left them.

I'm hoping it's 2+2=5  although he has scored 5 goals against Clyde so could be useful for Saturday.

7 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Might be me? My usual twitter search of Ayr's followers found his partner followed us last week at the same time as Falkirk fans on here were saying he had left them.

I'm hoping it's 2+2=5  although he has scored 5 goals against Clyde so could be useful for Saturday.

Yeah It was you. Would be a very uninspiring signing considering he can’t get into Falkirks team. 

Josh Todd,  can be a decent player if he's on his game but can also be posted missing at times.  (Going by when he was at Queens).  Was fairly well liked by fans at Palmerston though and many were disappointed when he left. 

I won’t lie that’s a bit shit from Smith but I guess he’s got to look out for his own career first and foremost. Club can’t really do anything about it either as I would guess there might’ve been something in his contract allowing him to leave if an offer came up.

As for Josh Todd I wouldn’t actually be against that. He was terrific for QOS and earned himself a move to Dundee where he couldn’t hold down a place in the team. Went to Falkirk and seems to have had a few issues with his fitness and form. No doubt he’s had a disappointing time since leaving Dumfries but he was one of the best creative players in the league when he was with them and that could prove to be just as important to start getting more goals out of Walsh, McCowan and McKenzie. Still think we need an out and out goalscorer but if Hopkins hand has been forced and he needs to replace Smith then that’s what he’s got to do.