The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

That’s what I don’t understand , look at Falkirk forum their fans announced on Thursday he had left club 

If he'd left us on Thursday, you would not have been able to sign him at all. The only way you could have signed him now is on a loan deal. He's out of contract with us in the summer and won't be back anyway. 

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

He might well turn out to be shite, but this sort of drivel after watching him for about 20 mins is pathetic. Get a grip of yourself.

Did he not injure himself when tackling someone as well?

Admittedly, he hasn't had long - 20 mins in the league but he also featured against Elgin. Too early to judge properly either way.

2 minutes ago, AGPar said:

If he'd left us on Thursday, you would not have been able to sign him at all. The only way you could have signed him now is on a loan deal. He's out of contract with us in the summer and won't be back anyway. 

After doing some investigation, he left Falkirk on Thursday to have talks with Ayr , seemingly a deal was discussed then , misunderstanding as it says he has left club , what they could have said was he is going on loan ( possibly was waiting on confirmation that Smith was going )

CB85212D-412A-4F64-BF0D-35FDCFA85896.jpeg

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The one who’s only involvement when he came on was to carry the ball unchallenged 60 yards in to the legs of the only player to challenge him. While he had a player either side waiting for a pass.

aye, him.

There was space there to run into, he actually attempted something - I have no issue whatsoever with that. 

Other than that he made a couple of passes, and certainly wasn’t awful. As already said, he may be awful but his cameo showed he should be given a chance...

Guest Peter LaFleur
4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

After doing some investigation, he left Falkirk on Thursday to have talks with Ayr , seemingly a deal was discussed then , misunderstanding as it says he has left club , what they could have said was he is going on loan ( possibly was waiting on confirmation that Smith was going )

I could be wrong but I don’t think a P&B poster is an official club outlet regarding players contracts. That same poster said we were signing Liam Craig in the summer. I’m guessing Todd has been told he won’t feature in the first team and was free to find a club on loan.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

The one who’s only involvement when he came on was to carry the ball unchallenged 60 yards in to the legs of the only player to challenge him. While he had a player either side waiting for a pass.
aye, him.

Christ

This must be a new record for writing a player off as quickly.

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I see your mistake, taking a P&B post as a reputable source!

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

QOS fans have this weird thing where a player who/is absolute pish at any other team was actually amazing for them. It's just weird - up there with the Bermuda triangle thing.

There certainly have been a few examples over the last few years, and Josh Todd absolutely is one of them. He was excellent for us before earning his move to Dundee (I think he signed a pre-contract with them the season they were relegated, just after he'd played a decent part in knocking them out of the cup). Things clearly haven't gone well for him since, though. There is definitely a player in there, though. Could go either way.

5 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Who was the last player to sign from Falkirk that was “done”? Probably our best midfielder of the last 3 seasons 

Good point, well made. His range of passing, short and long, made me wish we'd had MK at the club a lot sooner. 

Todd seems to have been good at Dumbarton, very good at Queens, mediocre at St Mirren and poor at both Dundee and Falkirk, so very much a mixed bag and it would appear he can be good in a certain type of setup, so who knows ? 

Ultimately the guy is only 26 so shouldn't be past it and all we can do is give him a chance as writing him off before he's even kicked a ball would seem rather ridiculous, even for us !!!

50 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Good point, well made. His range of passing, short and long, made me wish we'd had MK at the club a lot sooner. 

Could still do a job for us now , we have no one currently in midfield with his vision and range of passes

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Surely we’re going to sign a striker in the next day or two? 

Worryingly there wasn't any indication on the announcements today that anything else was due - I'm sure it was mentioned last week we were looking to bring someone in but I'm now worried that this was relating to Todd as we knew Smith was leaving  

14 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Worryingly there wasn't any indication on the announcements today that anything else was due - I'm sure it was mentioned last week we were looking to bring someone in but I'm now worried that this was relating to Todd as we knew Smith was leaving  

I suppose we could look at this the other way and say that it's a pretty professional and tight ship that we're running as far as the leaking of info is concerned.

Maybe we'll still get another "out of the blue" announcement ??

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Todd seems to have been good at Dumbarton, very good at Queens, mediocre at St Mirren and poor at both Dundee and Falkirk, so very much a mixed bag and it would appear he can be good in a certain type of setup, so who knows ? 

Ultimately the guy is only 26 so shouldn't be past it and all we can do is give him a chance as writing him off before he's even kicked a ball would seem rather ridiculous, even for us !!!

He's had a lot of trouble with a shoulder issue, as others have mentioned maybe the injuries are catching up with him but for me he's very slow, loses possession a lot, and contributes not a lot. Maybe a change of scenery will do him good, I'm not sure if you still have Arbroath to play away but I'd certainly consider dropping him for that or the wind will almost certainly put him on the treatment table.