The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I'm not sure he was underrated. He had an awful knack for getting under high balls and letting them bounce rather than clear them.

Also he couldn't actually kick a football, at all. The First Division is thus established as the highest level a player can establish themselves in while being capable only of heading a ball. Still a ledge though, what a heid.

15 hours ago, Iain said:

Watching the trauma in the Denmark game makes me wonder whether Ayr are fully equipped with defibrillators or if it's something that needs funds raised for?

I'm surprised it's not mandatory everywhere tbh. My old office had a set and regular staff training and there were only 24 of us.

Edited by Thumper

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think Killie were sniffing around McAdams and Robbo has said we probably won’t be after any more Morton players.

He’d be a decent signing though.

He is  not our first choice but as they say , never say never 

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Timmins and Hopkin know a keeper when they see one. 🙈

That’s my fear. McAdams is available and we’ll no doubt in end up with some Sam Ramsbottom level jobber from down south. 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

That’s my fear. McAdams is available and we’ll no doubt in end up with some Sam Ramsbottom level jobber from down south. 

Couldn't agree more. McAdams is a perfectly viable option for us, you wouldn't have thought would've broken the bank for us either. 

Sometimes the most sensible option is the one staring right at you. My fear with Hopkin and Timmins is that they overthink things and try to find that rough diamond at every opportunity. 

The next few weeks will tell us more. 

22 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Timmins and Hopkin know a keeper when they see one. 🙈

They  also did sign McAdams ,McCall took Ruddy on loan for us one of the worst  keepers I have seen in an Ayr strip 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

They  also did sign McAdams ,McCall took Ruddy on loan for us one of the worst  keepers I have seen in an Ayr strip 

But got us Doohan as well. 

Swings. And. Roundabouts. 

Its early days for you to be on the defensive for Hopkin and Timmins. You've got the whole summer yet.... 😉

18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I think I'm the only one who's not too keen on McAdams and think / hope that we can do better.

If you don't mind me asking, what was it about him you didn't like? 

Just out of interest who out there, not named Ross Doohan, would you go for? 

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think Killie were sniffing around McAdams and Robbo has said we probably won’t be after any more Morton players.

He’d be a decent signing though.

Thats just a rumour started on a fans facebook page

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I think I'm the only one who's not too keen on McAdams and think / hope that we can do better.

I'm of the same opinion, pushes the ball away to much for my liking....  

5 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Sometimes the most sensible option is the one staring right at you. My fear with Hopkin and Timmins is that they overthink things and try to find that rough diamond at every opportunity. 

So after the roasting he got for signing three Morton boys you write this stuff . Sounds like  you ain’t gonna give Hopkin a chance huh ?