The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On 15/08/2021 at 00:31, Sortmeout said:

Only the Scottish Cup left for Ayr to finally break their major trophy duck this season.

Lets hope you don’t draw Talbot.

You need have no fears. Connah's Quay are ineligible. 

10 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Saw the Moff earlier today, with his son at the Glenburn football tournament at Prestwick academy. He seemed quite happy and in high spirits, I think he's a coach with glenburn 😊👍

My son wanted a picture with him but got really shy when it was suggested 😅 still, he went on to score 5 goals in 4 games 👍 new Moff in the making. 

"My son" wanted a picture with him. 🤔

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

We have to take responsibility though. The stewarding of 800 away fans was extremely poor. The fact that someone could invade the pitch and run around for a good 2 minutes without anyone noticing was a green light to the later events. I don’t even think she was spoken to after the invasion and thrown out the ground, which is the the very minimum that should’ve happened. If people continue to get away with this behaviour then it will continue and potentially get worse.

There's pitch invasions in nearly every English premiership match every single week, however it's ignored / papered over due to the vast amounts of cash that it generates. From what I believe, the "advice" is for non intervention when anyone enters the pitch but I could be wrong ??

As usual, teams like Ayr are an easy target and the reality is that unless you have perimeter fencing / severe penalties then you're never going to stop it if people REALLY want to enter the pitch.

Would they do it if there were a dozen Police stationed around the ground ?? Who could say ? However let's not get away from the fact that it was the idiotic young morons that caused this and NOT the stewards at Ayr United and the book should be thrown at Dundee United if the authorities wish to be sending any sort of message.

Unfortunately we have this moronic culture in this country where they all want to be seen on social media doing something "mental" as was shown by that half witted blonde lassie but as I said in a previous post, while stupid, pathetic and totally uncalled for, it's certainly not the huge issue that some are making it.

Take France as an example, players are being attacked and bottled by the fans and only last week the Montpellier v Marseille match had to be suspended due to serious incidents with the crowd, BUT I'd say that we're just a bit away from that yet in terms of "disgraceful scenes", "laughing stock of Europe", total embarrassment" etc, that our pathetic media like to trot out to boot our game when it's down......

Strathclyde Police used to rip the arse out of Scottish Football. 

If you had a 10,000 capacity stadium like Somerset, You had to have Policing for the capacity regardless of the crowd. 

So Ayr v. Stirling Albion, no beef between support, 70 away fans and three mini-busses of police sitting in the car park just in case which the club had to pay for. 

Allowing clubs to steward games themselves saved clubs a fortune. When we were made a top category club due to trouble before, you were almost assigned your own police officer or steward at away games. 

Dundee United/Aberdeen whoever it is fans are going to start costing clubs money on security again. If it happens once then there is no point in over-policing a game, if it keeps happening then we'll go back to 20 policemen in the conservatory at the front of the main stand doing bugger all. 

A hundred stewards at the away end, and a few police officers wouldn’t stop hundreds of away fans getting on to the pitch if they wanted to. If a large group wants on they’ll get on, regardless of numbers of stewards. 

It’s done, and I really couldn’t care less tbh. 

Anyway, can we sign that central midfielder this week please. 

Edited by No_Problemo

1 minute ago, Raith_Raver said:

I don't know why Zanatta was so shite for you guys, he's playing like Jimmy Johnstone for us.

He was more like Johnstone Burgh standard for us !!

5 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I don't know why Zanatta was so shite for you guys, he's playing like Jimmy Johnstone for us.

It's strange, it was definitely an attitude issue IMO. He was one of the laziest players I have seen at Ayr in recent years.

5 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

We have signed a highly rated forward from Celtic that has came off the bench three times and still not touched the ball

we signed Bruce Anderson and he managed a good 20 minutes across half a dozen games

we have the ability in the last 2 years to turn promising players in to hide and seek champions 

He wasn't liked by Thistle fans either. I can identify with the attitude issue, in his interview after yesterdays Cup game where he roasted the Aberdeen defence he spoke about how McGlynn had encouraged him and how he wanted to do his best every game - there was a lot of genuine enthusiasm there.

As you say, it could have been  a man management problem

Edited by Raith_Raver

Just now, Raith_Raver said:

He wasn't liked by Thistle fans either. I can identify with the attitude issue, in his interview at Rovers he spoke about how McGlynn had encouraged him and how he wanted to do his best every game - there was a lot of genuine enthusiasm there.

All joking aside, it could be argued that we never really gave him a fair chance. He was mostly a sub and the team were terrible as a whole, however the couple of starts he did get, he just didn't look interested and wouldn't make any sort of visible effort so that obviously didn't endear him to the fans (granted we were armchair stream fans).

There's definitely a player in there and if you can get him out then I'm sure he'll be a decent acquisition for you, unfortunately we failed on that account.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

All joking aside, it could be argued that we never really gave him a fair chance. He was mostly a sub and the team were terrible as a whole, however the couple of starts he did get, he just didn't look interested and wouldn't make any sort of visible effort so that obviously didn't endear him to the fans (granted we were armchair stream fans).

There's definitely a player in there and if you can get him out then I'm sure he'll be a decent acquisition for you, unfortunately we failed on that account.

Plus, when he did start at the beginning of last season he was thrown up front - which he clearly wasn’t suited to. I can remember getting very frustrated by that last season. He clearly didn’t help himself, but we didn’t really give him a decent chance either.!

Wouldn't be surprised if we get a stern warning from the league body and council over the stewarding on Saturday, have to say compared to any away grounds i'm ever at our stewarding does always look the minimum amount possible.

Maybe it’s time for Somerset to have a section shut down. In the few weeks since fans have been allowed back around our teams we’ve saw Ayr fans (at your own admission)  chanting racial slurs at your own players and now pitch invasions being allowed?

For shame Ayr, for shame.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I have absolutely no doubts that Zanatta will revert to type and be absolutely useless again in a couple of weeks.

Yeah, that’s what happened with us. He was unplayable on his debut (I think we lost 3-2 against yourselves, we ended up with 9 men) and had a couple of decent games following that but then turned into absolute dogshit. Dunno what he was like at Ayr, but I too have no doubts that his current form won’t last and Raith fans will see the lazy charlatan that Ayr and Thistle fans know.