The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I can’t believe how unfit Afolabi looked today. He’s miles off the pace and looks like a poor signing. I really can’t believe he’s a Celtic player given the abuse Griffith’s got over his fitness.
I can't see Hopkin accepting folk not putting in the effort hopefully he is just behind in preseason and will improve but the early signs are not good.

Adeloye is a player that needs service around him, the 2nd half was a demonstration of what he can do with that service. 

I don't want to totally rate off Afolabi yet, but he looks like he will be back at Celtic in January and considered a failed loan deal.  

1 hour ago, Iain said:

My recollection is that Dodds has had a problem with Ayr since some of the idiots in our crowd taunted him about his sister when she died in a car accident in the mid/late 90s.

For the love of f**k

2 hours ago, Iain said:

My recollection is that Dodds has had a problem with Ayr since some of the idiots in our crowd taunted him about his sister when she died in a car accident in the mid/late 90s.

This is exactly correct, before that he always spoke fondly of Ayr when I used to talk to him in the 90s, he wasn't knocked back for Ayr he actually played for Ayr BC prior to Chelsea, disgraceful shout that day btw 

54 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I can’t believe how unfit Afolabi looked today. He’s miles off the pace and looks like a poor signing. I really can’t believe he’s a Celtic player given the abuse Griffith’s got over his fitness.

A bit of a stretch to call him a celtic player, more of an employee as I dont think hes played a first team game for them. I can see why after that absmoyal shift from him today. Just knew he'd fck up his pen as well

I thought the radio team were fairly complimentary about us, although mainly second half. Derek Ferguson did amuse me when he said in the first half that the thing that frustrated him about us was a tendency to simply clear the ball too often instead of looking for passes. Thought that sounded familiar!

Second half though, they were all in agreement that we should have had the game out of sight before what they called a very soft penalty decision. They did suggest in a roundabout way that Salkeld was a headless chicken when he came on - I think “he should conserve his energy when the team is down to 10 men” was how they phrased it.

As others have said, hope this attitude carries over into the league. We looked ok in this cup before and were then honking in the league. If he reverts to McGinty & Salkeld straight back in, 5 at the back and an isolated lone frontman then I give up!

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:
Only the Scottish Cup left for Ayr to finally break their major trophy duck this season.
Lets hope you don’t draw Talbot.

Let's hope you don't play a suspended player.

Our only defeat so far this season although I doubt I’ll be saying that tomorrow night (or tonight I supppse).

Consensus on Adeloye?  Radio sounded like he was having a cracking game, my dad at the game says he was terrible.  

He’s great.

He doesn’t run like a footballer if that makes sense but his hold up play and his positional sense is great and that alone will see him get a few goals this season. I’m not entirely sure what kind of striker he is and I’d like to see him next to Afolabi (once he’s fit) or maybe someone else as in games like today McKenzie dropped quite deep to put pressure on Fuchs.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s great.

He doesn’t run like a footballer if that makes sense but his hold up play and his positional sense is great and that alone will see him get a few goals this season. I’m not entirely sure what kind of striker he is and I’d like to see him next to Afolabi (once he’s fit) or maybe someone else as in games like today McKenzie dropped quite deep to put pressure on Fuchs.

He’s the type of player you almost have to ignore when you are setting up shape. If you set up Hoping to get the ball in the box no to someone you hope he’ll be there or there abouts.

hes not going to come short, or knock on to support players, or take the ball for a walk. It’s almost feet or nothing.

he would have been ideal to play alongside McCowan and Smith types who are support players and will score 5-10  goals a season, will be a nuisance and allow a player like Adeloye to create space to have a shot or lay off. 

10 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Afolabi can't possibly fit, if he is he's certainly not doing enough on the park to get a start. He was pretty anonymous again. 

The weird thing is, you'd think that being woeful on a loan spell at Ayr United would do bad things for a player's career, but there's every chance that he'll do absolutely nothing at Somerset, run up sand dunes all summer and end up in the Celtic first team. Such is the way of Ayr duds.

Anyway, on random things to discuss: the team obviously doesn't have a penalties system worked out and that's an easy thing to address. And if yesterday's performance is indicative of how the Scottish Cup is going to be approached then it would be good to sort that out now.

Edited by Thumper

7 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

You seem to have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with sex.

7 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Only the Scottish Cup left for Ayr to finally break their major trophy duck this season.

Lets hope you don’t draw Talbot.

Why don’t you fvck off you annoying unwashed interbred reprobate