The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

Heard a lovely story today about my wifes uncle who is a lifelong Ayr supporter in his 80's . He had intended going to the QoS game though the supporters bus was cancelled due to COVID. One of the directors heard that he was disappointed and arranged to collect him and take him to the match as a guest of the club sitting in the directors box. Despite the result he had a fantastic day and that is what local clubs are all about. Not only that but he was just this week gifted a hamper by the club. I wont mention his name but I know a few on here are connected to the club so I would just like to echo the families thanks for treating the poet so well. And ,of course , this comes from a Killie fan.👏  

Think I know who your talking about and if so he’s a top guy and loves his poetry.

The SPFL Board would have done what the clubs told them to do had a majority of them voted for it but, like last year with the lower league votes, they did not recommend it and advised against it. They were hardly "willing".
Again, what's the point in clubs voting democratically to continue the season and not pause while restrictions exist, and then allowing individual clubs to postpone games because it suits them?
I have no issue with the game being postponed particularly especially given it's due to be played at Kilmarnock where a weather postponement later is very unlikely. But if we're effectively going to allow every game where the two clubs mutually decide they'd rather not play it to be deferred then the whole vote was a waste of time. Might as well just have said to clubs if you mutually want to hold games over for a few weeks feel free.
If permission is given to defer this game then I'd fully expect us to request and be granted the same on QoS v Kilmarnock on 8th January too.

Hopefully you do request that if it's what both clubs want.

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Think I know who your talking about and if so he’s a top guy and loves his poetry.

Yeah he's a lovely man and brilliant poet too. He just loves entertaining us at family events with his magnificent scots poetry.  Even better he won the half time draw a few weeks ago. 

14 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I'm pretty sure I was sat next to him at Dens a couple of years back. He's written some poems about the club as well if it's the same guy. A lovely man, I could have listened to him for hours. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I'm pretty sure I was sat next to him at Dens a couple of years back. He's written some poems about the club as well if it's the same guy. A lovely man, I could have listened to him for hours. 

He is an Ayr fan but when I met him, he spoke an amazing poem on the old firm and was over the moon at meeting Ian McCall on his birthday. He's Certainly a very talented man. 

It would be amazing to see his poems or verses on the Ayr website, if he would allow it. Maybe every couple of weeks or so. Be great to read a true fans perspective in poetry form.

Merry Christmas Everyone! 😊

The person you're talking about is an old school pal's dad. The Academy delivered a hamper to him the other day, and when he opened the box there was a ticket for the game against Raith on Sunday in it. He's been going to Ayr games since the 1940s.. Legend.

Edited by RedEd

4 hours ago, RedEd said:

The person you're talking about is an old school pal's dad. The Academy delivered a hamper to him the other day, and when he opened the box there was a ticket for the game against Raith on Sunday in it. He's been going to Ayr games since the 1940s.. Legend.

A true legend indeed , I got a rendition of nearly all his poems on Saturday as I had the pleasure of picking him up taking him down to Palmerston and taking him home 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

A true legend indeed , I got a rendition of nearly all his poems on Saturday as I had the pleasure of picking him up taking him down to Palmerston and taking him home 

Thank you so much for doing this. Hugely appreciated by the man himself and his family.

10 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Merry Christmas to all you all. 5 days time until we can get rid of a lot of these imposters who have been stinking out Somerset Park since the start of the season

hope you haven't put that on your Xmas list as you may de disappointed..

Disappointed Let Down GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos