The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Highlights are unwatchable for me based in Australia, I give up. Don’t know what’s different but the interviews are fine. Have tried on Safari and Edge on mobile and Edge on laptop, laptop actually seemed worse. I know vast majority will be local but FFS, it’s easier to watch wee Mattmans vids. 

Just turn the video upside down. 

5 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Highlights are unwatchable for me based in Australia, I give up. Don’t know what’s different but the interviews are fine. Have tried on Safari and Edge on mobile and Edge on laptop, laptop actually seemed worse. I know vast majority will be local but FFS, it’s easier to watch wee Mattmans vids. 

Mate I’m in Oz too. I find chrome on the laptop is slightly better than anything mobile.  Safari works eventually.

Salkeld and Chalmers away, Afolabi must surely be away soon, McGinty will be the only one left that people would have wanted rid of in the window.  He's getting a game in front of Fjortoft and yesterday he looked more animated than he has for a while, maybe he feels he has a point to prove. 

Which he certainly does, The penalty was 50/50, it would have to be slowed down a lot to see if he played the ball or the man but he has been guilty in most games this season. If he's had a rocket or a bit of self reflection, or the abuse he's had had given him fresh impetus to be better, then hopefully he's turning a corner. 

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Hewitt is a long way off just starting to get some jogging done , as for Bradley he has not been in the Hibs squad last 2 league games and I think he can only play for Hibs,and us in the Uk ? I am led to believe the 2 players we are linked with are midfielders with 1 able to cover in defence 

Bullen said in his press conference he wanted to be able to play attacking football that would make us attractive for loan players. 

Maybe why he isn't at Ayr any more. 

42 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Not sad to see Salkeld go but hope he gets the rehab support he needs, any GTF/ good riddance chat is beyond harsh in the circumstances.

Managing Director, Graeme Mathie says: “I am pleased that we were able to find a resolution for Cammy’s situation which allows him to get the best possible care as he recovers from his injury.

Unfortunately, the injury itself, the associated rehab timescales and the fact he is out of contract in the summer was a particularly tough situation for him.  Our physio Stevie Maguire deserves credit for referring Cammy for a scan, and also in assisting with the next stage of the process to ensure he has the best chance of returning to play in as strong a condition as possible.  As a club we want to be known for doing the best by our people and through discussions with Cammy, his family and the Scottish PFA I am pleased we have found a solution that everyone is content with.  Cammy leaves with our sincere best wishes and will be welcome back to Somerset Park any time in the future.”

Cammy says, "Getting to do my rehab at home and being with friends and family was a big factor for me and the Club have been nothing but respectful & helpful and I don’t have a bad word to say about them.

The next year or so is going to be both a physical & mental challenge something I’m weirdly looking forward to as it gives me time to sit back, reset & kick on again when I’m fully fit. It’s another page in the book but this chapter has come to an end.

On that, I’m leaving a great changing room behind and honestly, a brilliant group of lads who I know work hard everyday to succeed on a weekend.

Not having the chance to work with the Gaffer is disappointing but I can see from the early days I was in the building with him there’s a new camaraderie about the place and the Club is only going in one direction.

Thanks also to the fans for their kind messages when rumour had hit about my injury and their continued support whilst I had an Ayr kit on.

All the best for the rest of the season.”

49 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Iain Wilson released by Dunfermline. Would take him if we could get him fit.

He may well be a DKB but he's also a decent midfielder, big and strong with some degree of skill and a decent attitude and work ethic.

I'm surprised he's been released and I'm sure some Pars fans will agree with that, you could do a whole lot worse.

59 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Iain Wilson released by Dunfermline. Would take him if we could get him fit.

Certainly wouldn't be against this. He has played at this level and still a good age. 

Could be Queen of the South bound though? I'm basing that on his spells there before.

Edited by Trogdor

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Wilson is a good player at this level and would surely be a starter at Dunfermline if fit - no idea what his injury was and how long he has been out for though!

Been out since October, played in a Dunfermline bounce game last week against Falkirk and it mentioned about his road to getting back to the first team so must be another team who has approached him

Salked tried his best every second on the pitch probably not the required standard but could never be faulted for effort, this is now a big lad without a club facing a long time out the game, physically and mentally that will be very tough, I'm sure the club will have treated him well, so I think snidey messages could be left out and lets wish the big honest lad all the best for the future. 

I'm pleased Salkeld is gone as its another part of Hopkin's disastrous reign being eviscerated. Still a few more to go though.

There is also a distinction between being pleased he is gone and wishing him ill. I thought that would be obvious but judging by a couple of posts it needs spelt out.

Salkeld I thought would workout early on I thought he was fine , he is a certain type of player that would play most weeks as he is very fit and would show up in training making him a managers choice all day long.

Truth is the Morton supporters were spot on works really hard with not a lot of skill or end product, wish him all the best.

12 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Ability wise I'd definitely take Wilson.  Don't think we are in the position to take on anyone just working back to fitness though unless it was alongside signing another centre mid who is ready to play now. 

Comley a no-no then?

Edited by Roxanne's man
Autocorrect doesn't like this guy at all