The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

20 hours ago, rb123! said:

When you see it from this angle is show well how much space the new stand on the North Terracing will take up, looking really forward to the day work starts on that, if all is still well i'd imagine it'll be end of season work will commence. Wonder if for any time during construction it'll mean North Terracing will be out of commission on matchdays.

image.png

The latest Plan I  believe  is to close off the top of the terracing whilst constructing the stand , and allowing fans to stand in front of fencing , maybe about 6/7 steps back from front , similar to the space in front of main stand 

Edited by Finlay21

54 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

The latest Plan I  believe  is to close off the top of the terracing whilst constructing the stand , and allowing fans to stand in front of fencing , maybe about 6/7 steps back from front , similar to the space in front of main stand 

Would certainly be better than nothing!

Probably asking a stupid question here, but what is the difference between the west stand and railway end? See both advertised on your website for away fans but is the railway end not the west side of the ground if that large area of terracing you’re saying is the north?

11 minutes ago, K.T said:

Probably asking a stupid question here, but what is the difference between the west stand and railway end? See both advertised on your website for away fans but is the railway end not the west side of the ground if that large area of terracing you’re saying is the north?

Will be the terracing behind the dugout. 

25 minutes ago, K.T said:

West Stand is sitting for away fans and Railway end is standing area for away fans , Railway end is behind goal at far end of ground 

Edited by Finlay21

9 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Whats the chances of the game being off on Friday ? and can they be increased ?

No idea, but I woke up today convinced it was Friday and there was a game on. Disappointed now on a couple of levels.

10 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Whats the chances of the game being off on Friday ? and can they be increased ?

Still would rather play Dundee now than after the transfer window as I believe they will strengthen their team massively 

58 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Just say the stadium plans yesterday - look pretty good. What’s the plan with the other three sides, keep as is or any plans to freshen up / replace? I assume moving hospitality would allow you to do something with the old main stand, whereas the two end terraces are probably fine as is?

At the meeting with fans when discussing the plans , someone did ask that question , the reply was along the lines of let’s get this done first  and in the future we will see what finances would be available  for further improvements 

Piece on Ayr in The Athletic.

https://theathletic.com/3926343/2022/12/08/ayr-united-scottish-championship?source=user-shared-article

I read The Athletic to keep up with my favourite teams. Here's a guest pass so you can check it out for 30 days for free:
https://theathletic.com/gp/6k1p5jalvs

1 hour ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Just say the stadium plans yesterday - look pretty good. What’s the plan with the other three sides, keep as is or any plans to freshen up / replace? I assume moving hospitality would allow you to do something with the old main stand, whereas the two end terraces are probably fine as is?

They said they ere trying to strike a fine balance between modernisation and keeping the likeable features that make people want to visit Somerset. Basically, if folk want a seat, they can have it, or if folk want to stand, they can do that as well. 

There will be about 3000 seats in total after the new stand is built and about 9000 standing capacity. 

Any new main stand would need to fit the same footprint I'd imagine. So I doubt that it would be touched any time soon. 

AP says Friday night could come just too soon for Musonda but Kirk is back training with Arsenal and expected to be back with us beginning of January.

Houston and O'Connor remaining out with hamstring injuries but JML is back training. 

There's a sweat on Dempsey's fitness for Friday night too... if it was me and he isn't 100% i wouldn't risk playing him incase he aggravates something and ends up missing couple of months.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

AP says Friday night could come just too soon for Musonda but Kirk is back training with Arsenal and expected to be back with us beginning of January.

Houston and O'Connor remaining out with hamstring injuries but JML is back training. 

There's a sweat on Dempsey's fitness for Friday night too... if it was me and he isn't 100% i wouldn't risk playing him incase he aggravates something and ends up missing couple of months.

Bleak.

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

They said they ere trying to strike a fine balance between modernisation and keeping the likeable features that make people want to visit Somerset. Basically, if folk want a seat, they can have it, or if folk want to stand, they can do that as well. 

There will be about 3000 seats in total after the new stand is built and about 9000 standing capacity. 

Any new main stand would need to fit the same footprint I'd imagine. So I doubt that it would be touched any time soon. 

Something I hadn't even considered with the new stand, that the stadium capacity might go up? I'm not even sure what the official capacity just now. Could be negligible right enough.