The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Dreadful viewing.

Looked toothless going forward even after Dundee went down to 10 men. Unfortunately it does indeed now look like Bangala might just be terrible. Looked shaky on the ball and off the ball seemed sluggish and prone to giving away free kicks. Couldn't see the 2nd yellow he got, but 1st was a daft foul. Youngs yellow card was also daft but could have been mostly frustration given how poor we were going forward.

Midfield was a cause of concern, even with an extra man, from the north terrace there were big gaps at times.

Hopefully our injuries ease up soon as we are badly missing Kirk and Musonda.

Half expected the defeat tonight with the circumstances which are well known however the level of performance was still unacceptable, especially with all attacking players fit except for Mullen.

Pretty grim when you're at home and don't even lay a glove on the opposition, think them going down to 10 men actaully fucked us a bit as we looked like we didn't have a clue whether to stick or twist at that point (not always an advantage when it's a striker that gets sent off).

We all need to hope Santa brings a fucking miracle injury cure for this lot who look like they're running on empty and McAllister and Chalmers looked like they could barley move by the end of the match to add to the woe....

If we get Hewitt back on the 1st of January he'll need to start on 2nd at Morton at this rate. 

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Half expected the defeat tonight with the circumstances which are well known however the level of performance was still unacceptable, especially with all attacking players fit except for Mullen.

Pretty grim when you're at home and don't even lay a glove on the opposition, think them going down to 10 men actaully fucked us a bit as we looked like we didn't have a clue whether to stick or twist at that point (not always an advantage when it's a striker that gets sent off).

We all need to hope Santa brings a fucking miracle injury cure for this lot who look like they're running on empty and McAllister and Chalmers looked like they could barley move by the end of the match to add to the woe....

If we get Hewitt back on the 1st of January he'll need to start on 2nd at Morton at this rate. 

Mulligan isn't a striker. He's a CM that sometimes plays RB or RM.

Couldn't find a good moment to ask this in the match thread, so I'll just ask it here and now. Are Ayr ever going to wear their weird Burnley-esque third kit? It got shown the once on Akinyemi and hasn't appeared since AFAIK. Has there been a distribution issue or something? Just curious?

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Couldn't find a good moment to ask this in the match thread, so I'll just ask it here and now. Are Ayr ever going to wear their weird Burnley-esque third kit? It got shown the once on Akinyemi and hasn't appeared since AFAIK. Has there been a distribution issue or something? Just curious?

No idea, the kits this year have been a farce, we were told that there would be a reduction in cost due to the cost of living crisis, there wasn't and they released 3, One a retro Spurs kit, a second kit that is black with white pinstripes and a third kit that was going to be something special. They then released a "Burnley tribute" shirt to celebrate a deal with Burnley that has shown absolutely no fruit what so ever so far. 

There is no kit clash with any team where an away kit wouldn't have covered it. 

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

On that note, does anyone know why it was away strips all round tonight?

It was a national wide initiative for the Homeless

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-clubs-avoid-wearing-home-28788059

Edited by diege
additional info

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

A really bizarre situation. I actually saw someone in the Hub post match wearing one, surely we are never going to actually wear it in a game.  

Actually really annoys me when clubs like Ayr bring out a "3rd kit".   It's an absolute piss take.  As someone else has said, to somehow market it as a thing to celebrate a partnership that has brought absolutely zero is even worse.    

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

Our recruitment has been real feast or famine stuff over the last year.  Akinyemi, Dempsey, Musonda, Kirk and McInroy have been real gems.  On the hand, Bangala, Gondoh, Ashford, JML and Young have been largely dreadful.  Hopefully we can make some good moves in January.

Who was that other lad from the English lower leagues last season who was also a dud? His name escapes me 

13 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Good shout tbf forgot that was even a thing

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

On that note, does anyone know why it was away strips all round tonight?

That's why we lost! A curse!!!

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Fkhj8M7X0AA37n6.thumb.jpg.2e248939079a209979f9e07df61edbc4.jpg

It was a shelter Scotland campaign

Superb then.  The fact nobody around me including myself had a clue why it happened is a bit disappointing then but absolutely applaud the effort. 

Edited by Hursty

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

Yes!! That's him 

He was actually different as in he wasn't a total unknown from the London area non league merry go round.  Was actually very experienced at League level, was just miles off the pace and rotten haha.