The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Die Hard is a great Christmas film.  Gremlins up there too. 

Warning to parents: don't let your kid watch gremlins if they still believe in Santa. I made this mistake a few years ago and it didn't end well.

12 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I had no idea that he was ever in our academy. Another one that got away for us.

He was with us until the age of about 11 I think then he went to Celtic. Pretty standard stuff tbh and not something we can beat ourselves up about. Would be nice to be able to keep talent like that but he’s a once in a blue moon type of player even for Celtics standards imo so we had no chance of keeping him. 

12 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Signed from Dalry  boys club then pinched by Celtic then got pinched from them to Liverpool difference was we got nothing they got 500 000.

Pretty sure he's the son of former Morton centre half Martin Doak.

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He was with us until the age of about 11 I think then he went to Celtic. Pretty standard stuff tbh and not something we can beat ourselves up about. Would be nice to be able to keep talent like that but he’s a once in a blue moon type of player even for Celtics standards imo so we had no chance of keeping him. 

It's also impossible to know if players are going to "make it" at that age. Some boys I knew looked like prime R9 at youth level but didn't make it.

I wonder with Mullin and Chalmers if we're in danger of either of them being recalled by their parent club next month or at the other side of the coin trying to get them on PCA as both have contracts expiring in the summer i believe. 

I've never known us to sign anyone on a PCA so would be a weird feeling if we did but with the setup now in place i'd say this is probably the best chance of us seeing one.

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I wonder with Mullin and Chalmers if we're in danger of either of them being recalled by their parent club next month or at the other side of the coin trying to get them on PCA as both have contracts expiring in the summer i believe. 

I've never known us to sign anyone on a PCA so would be a weird feeling if we did but with the setup now in place i'd say this is probably the best chance of us seeing one.

Mullin deal is up at end of this current season but think Chalmers has another year. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

Have I misremembered or was Bangala playing Slovakia premier league before he came to Ayr? I know that's not necessarily saying much but you'd be forgiven for assuming that someone at that level would be able to handle the Scottish Championship. 

Yeah he did .he also played in France. If you go on YouTube and search david bangala highlights you can see him in action. The team in France he played for played against Lillie away and he was a standout in that match .go check it out .he looks great in it .don't know what's happened too him  Ayrs luck I guess.

3 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Yeah he did .he also played in France. If you go on YouTube and search david bangala highlights you can see him in action. The team in France he played for played against Lillie away and he was a standout in that match .go check it out .he looks great in it .don't know what's happened too him  Ayrs luck I guess.

Problem with YouTube compilation vids is you can make anyone look like Messi.

8 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I'll make a highlight reel of him heading the ball out for a throw-in under no pressure, which he seems to be a big fan of doing.

If we  are genuinely going flat out for the title from our current position then I reckon we'd need six new guys : RB , LB , CH , DCM , ACM and a no 10 . Not going to happen . We blew our chance over the last two games where draws were achievable but we failed to deliver .

So I'd say our ambitions now are tempered a bit , top 4 (hopefully second) and progression in the cup . If we get three in (CH , DCM and a 10) then that target isn't impossible. They would have to be able to walk into the team and offer experience and leadership qualities. 

None of the above is in anyway a criticism of our club as huge progress has been made , but we  can no longer push on with waifs and strays signing for us in the windows. Quality is crucial moving forward . Not cheap but there it is ..