The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I have faith that this time next week we'll have had a few signings in before the deadline. Still plenty of time and no need to press the panic button yet 

I'm sure we will as well but 5 days from now we could find ourselves out of league contention and out of the Scottish Cup where 2 good results could be the springboard to an excellent chance of a top 4 position in the league and a highly lucrative / exciting, not to mention televised, Quarter Final tie in the Scottish Cup which could lead to anything.

I don't think we should underestimate how important the next 2 games are for our entire season.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm sure we will as well but 5 days from now we could find ourselves out of league contention and out of the Scottish Cup where 2 good results could be the springboard to an excellent chance of a top 4 position in the league and a highly lucrative / exciting, not to mention televised, Quarter Final tie in the Scottish Cup which could lead to anything.

I don't think we should underestimate how important the next 2 games are for our entire season.

Definitely and the cup run money would be very welcome indeed for summer signings. If the squad we have now cant beat a poor Cove side then we dont deserve the cup run/title. 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Definitely and the cup run money would be very welcome indeed for summer signings. If the squad we have now cant beat a poor Cove side then we dont deserve the cup run/title. 

I don't think our squad is terrible but only one experienced central Midfielder fit is a HUGE worry for me.

If we could get Murdoch back it would change my whole outlook or even a fit O'connor would make me feel a bit more confident but with Hewitt and Smith along with JML we're FAR too lightweight and I fear we may have serious issues but of course hope I'm totally wrong (it wouldn't be the first time) !!

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Had a quick read and it sounds more like they would be looking at a summer move when he’s out of contract. 

Yeah and we're going to be at risk of this because we're not offering anyone contract extensions until we know what league we're in which is a dangerous move, leading to players getting poached on PCA's

Bullen could win us the Champions League and his greatest achievement for Ayr would still be helping Sean McGinty become a competent defender. He’s been brilliant for us this season and I’d be sad to see him go but wouldn’t blame him at all if he did. 

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Well this day is going brilliant, hoping for signings and all were getting is folk fucking leaving...

Guys leaving who are not getting a game is not a bad thing , freeing up space for people coming in , there’s no way that after Tuesday we have no new players , only game any new guy misses is Tuesday , as they were not signed by original date , our cup squad is much stronger than Cove , are 2 of their players not out as I think 1 signed after original date of game and  was Weston in the Partick squad last round ? 

Edited by Finlay21

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Yeah and we're going to be at risk of this because we're not offering anyone contract extensions until we know what league we're in which is a dangerous move, leading to players getting poached on PCA's

Don’t think that’s correct , 

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Guys leaving who are not getting a game is not a bad thing , freeing up space for people coming in , there’s no way that after Tuesday we have no new players , only game any new guy misses is Tuesday , as they were not signed by original date , our cup squad is much stronger than Cove , are 2 of their players not out as I think 1 signed after original date of game and  was Weston in the Partick squad last round ? 

It's more the possibility of livi still choosing to recall Mullin and Hibs coming after Dipo which worries me

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

It's more the possibility of livi still choosing to recall Mullin and Hibs coming after Dipo which worries me

Hibs aren’t going to be after him and we won’t sell him this late on. 

McGinty also won’t be going anywhere until the summer. If he chooses to go then it’s not the end of the world. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hibs aren’t going to be after him and we won’t sell him this late on. 

McGinty also won’t be going anywhere until the summer. If he chooses to go then it’s not the end of the world. 

We’ve had a torrid time of late finding decent centre backs, so would be a pity to lose McGinty just when he’s settling down and becoming a decent enough player.  We’ll certainly need at least one centre back in the summer given Kirk won’t be here next season, plus Musonda is proving to be a bit fragile, which is presumably why Raith gave up on him.  Keeping McGinty would be a decent option.